Become a Patron!

Texas Call to Action: Take Action to oppose FOUR bills that would limit adult access to vapor...

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. I was going to post it, and saw you already did. The only thing I am for, is an age restriction of 18 and older. Casaa says it is for HB 647.
HB 647

Casaa supports this one? So maybe I am reading the paragraph below incorrectly. This is from an email from Casaa. <<<We have Identified HB 170, HB 81, HB 970, and HB 2321 as all containing language that would impact consumer access, choice, and awareness of vapor products. While we oppose those bills, we urge support of HB 647, a common sense bill that only seeks to prohibit sales to minors.>>>

84(R) HB 647 - Introduced version - Bill Text
<<<SECTION 10. Section 161.086(a), Health and Safety Code, is
amended to read as follows:
(a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a retailer or
other person may not:
(1) offer cigarettes, nicotine products, or tobacco
products for sale in a manner that permits a customer direct access
to the cigarettes, nicotine products, or tobacco products
>>>

Would this mean that they cannot have samples for customers to try, like most do, along the walls of the store? That would in essence be direct access in my opinion. Although I am not a lawyer, and I am not good with legal language. I do not mind having an age restriction of 18 years old. I don't mind the signs. But not allowing samples to try, would hurt local brick and mortar stores. I am against the other bills, and the section I copied and pasted here from HB647. Maybe this was updated after Casaa supported this bill. I don't know for sure. Maybe someone could enlighten me.

I am COMPLETELY against all of those other bills. Looks like they aren't going to let this go. If you haven't spoken up before, don't be whining later. Speak your peace NOW.

Vaperjim

Not here for the Drama!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would drive down to attend this meeting in opposition, but it's scheduled for a Monday, March 22. That does not exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just sent a powerful personal message to them. I am sure they get a lot of the regular form letters. I deleted all of that, and added my own thoughts. I hope they read it in full.

Kkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got an update email from Casaa on this.

Sincere apologies for mixing up the dates on today's TX call to action. The correct information for the organizational meeting is as follows:

For those wishing to testify or otherwise attend the hearing, an organizational meeting will be held on Monday, March 23rd at 7:00PM at:

Driskill Hotel
(Upstairs lounge area)
604 Brazos St
Austin, TX 78701

VU Sponsors