Become a Patron!

Taznado

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the Radio Shacks in my area are going out of business and I figured this would be a good time to do a little weekend project. I decided to get some things to make myself a stir plate for mixing my recipes. A project box, fan, switches, wiring, etc. I figured if it was a failure I didn't lose but $6.58 on the parts plus the cost of the stir bars from Amazon. In total, it would be roughly $15 to make it. It works with 30ml on up to larger bottles or other glass/plastic containers and it does an excellent job. I'm mixing my Candy Apple Splash recipe in the 30ml bottle pictured below. When Taz is finished doing it's thing in a 30ml or any small neck bottle, I use a magnet to guide the stir bar up and out. Works perfectly. I can adjust the speed from a nice smooth funnel to an erratic out of control funnel and everything in between. I love my Taznado. It was a fun project and I even created a label for the front plate :D

Pictures aren't the greatest.....taken with my cell phone.

002.jpg
001.jpg

KGuardian

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice job!

Great job!

Thank you

Where's the parts list?

Right here in no particular order :)
  • 8" x 6" x 2.5" Project Box
  • 12v DC Power Supply and matching input jack for installing on the back of the project box. I used an old router power supply.
  • 120mm 12v DC PC Fan
  • Rheostat or Potentiometer and knob
  • Extra wire... 18, 20, 22 guage....either will work fine. Even good speaker wire would work
  • Lighted toggle switch though this can be left out. I just added it for the fun of it :D
  • Bar shaped rare earth magnets
  • Various size magnetic stir bars
  • Adhesive rubber bumper pads for the bottom of the project box
  • Soldering iron and solder
  • Screws to fasten the fan in the project box
  • Spacers for the fan so it sits up off of the deck of the project box and is closer to the underneath of the top of the box
  • Drill and drill bits
  • Photo paper and a printer for the label on the faceplate
I think that's it :cool:

Last edited:

VU Sponsors