Become a Patron!

How to stop burnt taste

• Total voters
me and my girlfriend started vapid a few days ago and I got the Vaporesso Target Pro. After I primed it correctly and everything I started to hit it at 20w then I eventually went up to 30w. Every time I'd get that burning taste and it would be really bitter. I changed the coil to see if it would work and I had the same issue. I brought it into a shop today and the guy gave me a 0.6 ohm ccell coil and when I got home I put it into a small container then literally drowned it in juice for about 15 minuets and also directly put juice into the coil. I put it all back together and waited another 10 minuets. Took some dry pulls and waited about 5 more minuets. I tried to hit it a few times and I still have that burning taste. Idk if it's my mod that's not working right or what but I'm changing the coils properly I even check to make sure on YouTube and other posts. Thanks

Also my girlfriend doesn't have this problem
Hers works incredibly. I'm mostly looking for the flavor.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do you have any other mods you can use with that atty? It may well be that the mod is not firing 20-30w, but actually more. That would be a good way to check, if you tried it with another mod. Also you didn't mention the coil or wick as far as what material it is, the metal of the coil,, and also the wick material -- that can make a huge difference; if the juice is too thick, it might be over-wicked, which would definitely cause a dry hit. Or, you may need greater airflow for that wattage; as you turn up the wattage, you need to open the airflow a bit with each increase.

Andria

Griffin40

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Try your tank on her mod, at the same wattage. That will tell you if something is "off" between mods. Could even be a loose coil in the tank causing the ohms to jumping around.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Take the tank apart and clean everything. The drip tip, top, glass, bottom, airflow base.. everything.
Toss the ejuice that came out of the tank before cleaning down the sink and rinse it away.

Use a fresh coil. Wet the cotton (coil,wick) on the sides of the coil, and 2 or 3 drops in to the top. Fill tank.
Now you basically have a brand new fresh set up.
Start your power low and slowly increase. You don't even need to know how many watts you are vaping at, at this point. You adjust your airflow and power to get the taste you like. Wattage has nothing to do with it. No point in going to 30w if 26w tastes better, right?
Main thing, it isn't a contest to see how many watts you can push before your cotton catches fire. LOL.

Last edited:
Try your tank on her mod, at the same wattage. That will tell you if something is "off" between mods. Could even be a loose coil in the tank causing the ohms to jumping around.
I tried her tank on mine and it worked perfectly then I tried my tank on hers and it still tasted bitter. We have the same juice in also

Do you have any other mods you can use with that atty? It may well be that the mod is not firing 20-30w, but actually more. That would be a good way to check, if you tried it with another mod. Also you didn't mention the coil or wick as far as what material it is, the metal of the coil,, and also the wick material -- that can make a huge difference; if the juice is too thick, it might be over-wicked, which would definitely cause a dry hit. Or, you may need greater airflow for that wattage; as you turn up the wattage, you need to open the airflow a bit with each increase.

Andria
The coil is stainless steel ceramic and I always have the air flow as open as it can get. I put a different tank on and it tastes perfectly fine so I'm really not sure what it could be

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I tried her tank on mine and it worked perfectly then I tried my tank on hers and it still tasted bitter. We have the same juice in also
like I figured.. burnt taste is coming from your tank/coil/ old residual ejuice (like inside or under the drip tip / chimney, etc) A full strip down and cleaning with a new coil and fresh juice should work.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
FWIW, I found the cCells to burn extreeemely easily. None of mine lasted more than a day.

I know manny many people have left great reviews on purchase sites so I tried a box of em.
They were singularly the worst coils I have ever used... jmo.
(And frankly, I question the very design concept of a .6 ohm SS coil head that is only the size of a Triton)

The good news is that they are a Triton head. :stars2:
That means there are tons of other great coil heads that will fit right into your tank.
The Aspire Evo coils also fit. :)

I highly recommend you try these stainless steel coils. You'll never look back.

accessories-aspire-triton-atomizer-coil-box-front.jpg

PS... Buy these genuine from a solid US vendor only. (No China, no eBay, etc)
These have had the crap counterfeited out of them.

Hi JL
I had a similar iisue with my target.It seems like sometimes it get a air lock in the tank and cant wick properly.What worked for me was to close the air slots completly and blow hard into the mouthpiece and then remove your mouth quickly.This forces juice into the coil.You can also turn the tank so it opens and closes the slots this seems to work like a pump in a way.

VU Sponsors