Become a Patron!

Target mini settings

My son just got Target Minni with ceramic coil. Needs help with settings to get big cloud of smoke but not harsh hits. Needs the nicotine as he was smoking 4 packs of cigs per day. Knows nothing about ohms or best settings or coils or anything. Has it now set at 25 watts but seems to run out of Tobacco eliquid quickly and charge often. Also mouthpiece gets too hot. Any suggestions?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A Vaporesso ceramic coil at 0.5 ohms will give a better vape at around 32W, but he'll need to be sure that he has plenty of air moving through the tank. If his kit has the Guardian tank with top airflow, I'd suggest keeping the air wide open, at least until he's a little more used to it.

This is a direct-to-lung vape, so it isn't like inhaling a cigarette. He needs to sort of open the back of his throat up and inhale the vapor down into his lungs, just a second or two at a time to start with. There is a transition involved, and many people do cough at first.

Throat hit, that is, the harshness or smoothness of the vape, can be greatly affected by the amount of nicotine in his juice, and the propylene glycol/vegetable glycerin ratio of the juice. At 0.5 ohms, someone just switching from smoking to vaping could probably tolerate 6 to 8 mg nicotine, and a ratio of pg to vg of about 40/60 or 30/70.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Have him try putting in a fresh coil and letting it sit for 15-20min so the coil has time to soak up the juice. Then start at the lower end of the recommended wattage on the coil and have him work his way up, if he hits the top of the suggested wattage then maybe he should try a different coil or a stronger juice. What nic mg is the juice he’s using?

A Vaporesso ceramic coil at 0.5 ohms will give a better vape at around 32W, but he'll need to be sure that he has plenty of air moving through the tank. If his kit has the Guardian tank with top airflow, I'd suggest keeping the air wide open, at least until he's a little more used to it.

This is a direct-to-lung vape, so it isn't like inhaling a cigarette. He needs to sort of open the back of his throat up and inhale the vapor down into his lungs, just a second or two at a time to start with. There is a transition involved, and many people do cough at first.

Throat hit, that is, the harshness or smoothness of the vape, can be greatly affected by the amount of nicotine in his juice, and the propylene glycol/vegetable glycerin ratio of the juice. At 0.5 ohms, someone just switching from smoking to vaping could probably tolerate 6 to 8 mg nicotine, and a ratio of pg to vg of about 40/60 or 30/70.

he's been smoking about 4 packs of cigs a day. This is very helpful - thanks!

Have him try putting in a fresh coil and letting it sit for 15-20min so the coil has time to soak up the juice. Then start at the lower end of the recommended wattage on the coil and have him work his way up, if he hits the top of the suggested wattage then maybe he should try a different coil or a stronger juice. What nic mg is the juice he’s using?
Thanks! Very helpful!

How do you change the ohms? Or should he? Also, seems like he's having to fill it very frequently and charge often! Very annoying. He tried your suggestions and says it works better! Do you recommend higher VG or PG?

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How do you change the ohms? Or should he? Also, seems like he's having to fill it very frequently and charge often! Very annoying. He tried your suggestions and says it works better! Do you recommend higher VG or PG?

The ohm should stay the same (that’s what the coil is rated at) but you increase/decrease the Watts. Being a 4pk a day smoker he’ll probably go through a lot of juice until he finds his preferred vaping combo. I typically buy 70vg/30pg juice with 3mg nicotine but I was only a 1/2 pack a day smoker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Most tanks these days that are designed for mouth-to-lung vaping are labeled as "MTL" tanks. They generally run a coil that is around or over 1 ohm, and you vape them with tighter airflow and lower wattage, say between 12 and 16 watts. I don't think there is a coil for the Guardian tank that is over 0.6 ohms.

I mix my own juice at 35% PG and 65% VG. A little more or less than this is barely noticeable. He just would not want to vape something as thin as 70% PG. Even 50% PG is a little thin for sub-ohm. And Max VG is probably too thick for his wattage level - Max VG is anywhere between 10 and 25% PG.

Next thing, important not to vape the tank dry. One good hit off a dry coil, and it's burnt, you have to toss it. That nasty burnt taste isn't going away.

As far as charging, what kind of battery is in his mod? It's important to have a good battery, and the higher the mAh rating, the longer it will last between charges, if it's a good quality battery and not some cheap Chinese mess that is nowhere near as good as it pretends to be. Sony, Samsung, LG, Vapcell, Golisi - all of these are good brands and if they are bought from reputable dealers, are the best you can find for vaping.

VU Sponsors