Become a Patron!

Talk to me about Rayon..

Ryedan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's a massively long thread here if you want to read about the science and other people's experiences: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...er-flow-flavor-saturation-and-nic-hit.561226/

I read that thread a while back before I bought Cellucotton. It's way longer now but there is a lot of info in the first 10 or 20 pages if I remember correctly. Health issues and the chemical processing were I believe discussed and I also did my own research on it.

I consider it safe enough to vape, but that's just me and YMMV as always. There are potential risks with almost everything in vaping and over the years I've seen a lot of hysteria about stuff. In the end all we can do is make up our own minds about things and run with that.

I have been using both Cellucotton rayon and Koh Gen Do for the last year or so. IMO both perform very similarly and vape better than regular organic or non-organic cotton, cotton thread, hemp or silica.

You need to stuff noticeably more rayon in a coil than cotton to get good results, so I use rayon on stable builds with 24 or 27 gauge Kanthal. With softer wires like nickel or titanium I use KGD. None of these gives me any funky tastes even the first few drags.

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Inlooked at their site but couldn't find the same part number as what I bought a year ago. Maybe they have changed it?
My box is not reinforced rayon. 44060.

Reinforced is the same stuff but it hasna strip of paper down the middle of it that you can just pull out but obviously you would want to buy non reinforced if you have the option.

From my experience you can only get the small package online. In store you will get the lifetime supply for $12.
They will have the small package of cotton and maybe reinforced rayon but not the straight rayon.

Adam harris

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Rayon is unhealthy..plain and simple...anyone that knows organs knows that the lungs are very fragile and tender unlike the stomach which can handle certain ingredients and chemicals by using acid that we produce that would destroy our lungs...

Organic cotton is the safest to use..

Rayon is cheap and so is chocolatey drink...but it's not true chocolate milk...it's a little of this chemical a little of what the heck chemical and voodoo we have chocolaty drink.

I hope you understand out of my insanity the cost of using rayon...ZERO!!

Just because the hype of the rayon cult says it's safe and compare the chemicals to other fake crap ( chocolate drink r u srious ?) that goes in our STOMACH and not our lungs..there's a big difference trust me...would you like to have a sip of whiskey in your lungs or stomach??? You will get tipsy I promise.

Please EVERYONE that uses rayon just watch the videos and stop being so shallow and following other opinions...follow facts and learn which is safer...that's what vaping is all about...

Stay away from nickel and titanium to..nickel causes sickness in some..( nickel allergy) and titanium oxides aren't good either..even if it takes crap loads of heat to achieve that toxicity...we are aiming for safe to keep vaping alive and US alive!!

It's kind of like a pg allergy...you got red eyes bro???? Lower your pg..problem likely solved...your urine stink bro??? Lower your pg...

So just as easily as you lowered your pg...you can also eliminate threats like rayon..

I know I'll get hate from this and I know bro the thread is old.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Rayon is unhealthy..plain and simple...anyone that knows organs knows that the lungs are very fragile and tender unlike the stomach which can handle certain ingredients and chemicals by using acid that we produce that would destroy our lungs...

Organic cotton is the safest to use..

Rayon is cheap and so is chocolatey drink...but it's not true chocolate milk...it's a little of this chemical a little of what the heck chemical and voodoo we have chocolaty drink.

I hope you understand out of my insanity the cost of using rayon...ZERO!!

Just because the hype of the rayon cult says it's safe and compare the chemicals to other fake crap ( chocolate drink r u srious ?) that goes in our STOMACH and not our lungs..there's a big difference trust me...would you like to have a sip of whiskey in your lungs or stomach??? You will get tipsy I promise.

Please EVERYONE that uses rayon just watch the videos and stop being so shallow and following other opinions...follow facts and learn which is safer...that's what vaping is all about...

Stay away from nickel and titanium to..nickel causes sickness in some..( nickel allergy) and titanium oxides aren't good either..even if it takes crap loads of heat to achieve that toxicity...we are aiming for safe to keep vaping alive and US alive!!

It's kind of like a pg allergy...you got red eyes bro???? Lower your pg..problem likely solved...your urine stink bro??? Lower your pg...

So just as easily as you lowered your pg...you can also eliminate threats like rayon..

I know I'll get hate from this and I know bro the thread is old.
Titanium is actually used in high end cook ware such as pots and pans. But I do agree with you on rayon that stuff is dangerous.

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm approaching two years using rayon exclusively and I'm not dead yet. :p

It wicks better, lasts longer, and tastes cleaner. I use medical grade balls, not beauty supply rope. Tried going back to KGD once just as a reality check; it made my juice taste like a wet t-shirt by comparison.

wheelie

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Rayon has its spots to use it and it just works better than cotton. Mostly the Kanger Protank coils it works better than anything else I have found. Use it sometimes in my rebuildable TFV4 coil heads when I am having trouble getting cotton to wick properly. Rebuilding vertical stock coil heads I use Swisspers Organtic Cotton Rounds from Walmart. I do not think their is "one for all" rewicking material. I have seven or eight different cottons and wick materials I use. Some I use more than others. Personal choice for what works better for yourself. CHEERS!

SgtRock

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
More scare tactics from the uneducated I see...

Read, Analyze and make your own decision.

"You'll shoot your eye out with that thing!"

Been vaping with Rayon exclusively for over a year and every time I've tried cotton it makes me wanna barf.

Vesuvius

OG
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I really like it for when I run below .5 ohm on something with tons of airflow like a Velocity. Excellent wicking and it really helps the flavor come through.

Pair rayon with some SS and its a really nice vape.

VU Sponsors