Become a Patron!

SXMini G vs Cylon

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have a line on a discounted SXMini G class. but is it really worth the added cost ?
I am sure the G is better in every way, except cost. but is it worth $80ish more ?
I'm talking performance wise.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It’s like comparing a ford to bmw

The board for the g class alone costs more than the Cylon

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ok, fair enough. I will try 1 more time to get it, 50/50 chance. ever if I cannot use all it has to offer, its still a cool mod.

fidola13

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a line on a discounted SXMini G class. but is it really worth the added cost ?
I am sure the G is better in every way, except cost. but is it worth $80ish more ?
I'm talking performance wise.

Yes. 100%. Yes.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
here it is peeps. I only wanted to spend no more than $125. but I broke down and gave $135 otd. still a good deal.
I was planning, and maybe still will, skin it. but the camo is pretty cool. and I could always go back.
now, just got to learn how to use it :confused:, and no idea what those settings are.

IMG_3291.JPG

IMG_3292.JPG

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
here it is peeps. I only wanted to spend no more than $125. but I broke down and gave $135 otd. still a good deal.
I was planning, and maybe still will, skin it. but the camo is pretty cool. and I could always go back.
now, just got to learn how to use it :confused:, and no idea what those settings are.

View attachment 130284

View attachment 130285
The joule setting will work on it's own, but it's primarily for temperature control. It's how you set the power for TC.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
The joule setting will work on it's own, but it's primarily for temperature control. It's how you set the power for TC.

that is just what was there when I powered it up. I'm getting a handle on it, used it last night. I have the upgrade and app on my computer. just kind of leery about doing it. I know the wallpaper I want on it, just have not done it yet.
and then a tank, I am thinking an aromamizer plus 30mm
this is one SWEET mod ! and I am going to get a Cylone soon. idk why I have yet to have one

IMG_3293.JPG

the watts during fire is yellow'ish. pic doesn't show it.

IMG_3294.JPG

IMG_3295.JPG

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I just tried a pic, didn't work. idk why. yet another thing to figure out.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just tried a pic, didn't work. idk why. yet another thing to figure out.
Here are my instructions for the VK530 which works everywhere it should matter to you just like the G-Class.
--------------------------------------------------
Install, connection and wallpaper.

1. Run the yihi-vsticking-sxi.msi install file (or in your case, the yihi install file which I think you've already done though both will work with either mod) following all the offered options.

2. Remove the atomizer from your device and power it down.

3. Use a micro usb cable to physically connect the mod to an available usb port on the PC.

4. Launch the SXI program by double clicking on the SXI shortcut now on your desktop.

5- The first time it may or may not default to the "connection" area of the program suite. If it doesn't, then click the blue connection button.

6- If it doesn't connect, click the blue rectangular "install driver" button and follow the self explanatory onscreen instructions. When it's done, you may or may not have to click connect again, but it will establish a connection either way.

(If Windows pops up a scary message about the device not being recognized, just close and ignore it. It's nothing to worry about.)

Clicking the blue and black "SXI" button right above where it says "Return" will take you back to the homescreen at any time. Click that.

----------------------------------------------
To upload wallpaper:
For this you may have to turn the device back on.

1. Click on the "custom" button. If it launches the logo maker, just close it from the X in the upper right hand corner of the window. Sometimes it makes you do this a few times. Don't ask me why, but I'll figure it out :)

2. Click on preview on any of the wallpaper numbers on the left and it will show up ON THE MOD. Not the software. this is a preview to let you decide which one you want to replace.

3. Click "open file" and point the dialog at the JPG picture file you want to replace that one with. It will display in the "wallpaper preview" box in the middle of the window.

4. Click replace wallpaper number on the right, corresponding with the one you decided you wanted to replace on the mod. You'll see a yellow progress bar go across the bottom indicating that the file is uploading.

5. When it's done, you can close the software, disconnect the mod, and choose the wallpaper you just uploaded from the menus on the device if it didn't do it automatically during the upload.

-----------------------------------------------

And here's the other one for upgrading the firmware.

------------------------------------------------

To upgrade the firmware:

REMOVE the atomizer and make sure the device is powered ON before launching the SXI software.

1. Launch the SXI software.

2. Click on the "upgrade" button.

3. Click "open file."

4. Point the dialog at the vk530-firmware-1161.SXI file included in this package. (VERY IMPORTANT!! IN YOUR CASE THE FIRMWARE FILE FOR THE G-CLASS FROM YIHI,S SITE)

5. Click "go to upgrade" button.

6. It will like what it sees, so you can then click the blue "upgrade" button.

You will see the green progress bar moving across as it flashes the mod, followed by a happy message telling you the upgrade has finished.

I would turn the device off, attach your atomizer and turn it back and then you should be all set.

Last edited:

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
hey man, THANX.

problem #1, I had it powered on. I will try it later = I am going to go take a nap, I tired.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A G class is a g class..... A lot want to compete against it and create competition and an equal and cheper price ......

But comparing a Cylon against a G class is not a fair comparison.....
4a33fb7410396669933a6c3a3cf974a5.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
A G class is a g class..... A lot want to compete against it and create competition and an equal and cheper price ......

But comparing a Cylon against a G class is not a fair comparison.....
4a33fb7410396669933a6c3a3cf974a5.jpg

I didn't know that when I first saw it, otherwise I would have bought it right then.

yeah, I wouldn't expect a $50 mod to be as good as a $200 mod. but saying that, I still don't know what the differences are.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
oh. I am sure there is build quality and features. but otherwise, idk.

MannyScoot

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I didn't know that when I first saw it, otherwise I would have bought it right then.

yeah, I wouldn't expect a $50 mod to be as good as a $200 mod. but saying that, I still don't know what the differences are.
I liked my Cylon and it lasted about six months before self distruction...... But can't expect much for the money......

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I liked my Cylon and it lasted about six months before self distruction...... But can't expect much for the money......

Yeah, but you dropped it off a ladder :D I've had both of mine for about that long.

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah that hit loosened shit up.... Until the screen started fading away

Yeah, the shock may have jarred the ribbon port for the display or something. That Cylon is still an awesome performer. I have too much crap now, so I put it down for a while sometimes. When I get back it I'm always reminded of how much I love it.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ladder, ok then = not a suicide . how high up, any external damage ?

hit'n it last night beer drinkin. the cloud didn't show well :sad:. but notice the backround, camo thing going on :slowclap: .
finally, a decent pic.
and I noticed batt life is darned good.
IMG_3303.JPG

VU Sponsors