Become a Patron!

SX Mini M Class 510 Gap

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry guys. I tried searching for an answer before posting.

Received my all black mini yesterday and noticed I have a gap under the 510 plate like some have noticed. I have some serious OCD and the tanks sit at slight tilt.

Anyone know if the plate is press fitted so maybe I can hammer it straight?

Or anyone come up with a solution on how to eliminate the gap?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
http://forums.aussievapers.com/e-ci...ion/29925-sxmini-m-class-temp-control-69.html

I know it's from an outside source but it's the best pictures I could find of the guts of the device...and even from these it is hard to tell if it's press fit but I don't think it is....still if it's just a tiny gap you might try applying enough gentle pressure to it and see if it closes. I honestly would send it back on an exchange if you can if it's that big of deal...that's not a cheap nor is it a low quality mod by any means...it is quite well made with a high end chipset in it and for the money you spend I'd rather see you wait a bit for another than try something and void the warranty on it in case something really bad happened. Especially over something so small....

hope this helps you out a bit... best of luck and remember, sometimes patience is more golden than silence :)

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks! I was able to have the retailer grant me an exchange only after they look at it. I hope they feel the same way I do when it comes to these things.

The mod functioned beautifully. But for the $200 price tag I felt the tilt was too much to bare.

I also notice a dust speck in the screen which caused a halo effect on my screen like the ones you see on a cell phone screen protector. I noted that too in the exchange.

Sending it out tomorrow. Hopefully I hear some good news.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436418343.303802.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436418360.268312.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436418368.683867.jpg

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks Woodsman. Yea I have. I've also seen from a YouTube a whole mess of glue attached to the 510.

So I'm a little hesitant to take a hammer to it just yet.

I'll be sending it back tomorrow. So let's pray that the retailer will see what I'm seeing and replace it for me.

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Quality Control is everything. A tilted plate should not have left the factory, nor a dust speck in the screen. Hana Modz wouldn't let that slip past.

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
From what little information I found. It seems to plague the all black variants. What a shame. I had to have the special one.

That's another thing I'm afraid of it's getting another all black replacement and having the same issue.

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
From what little information I found. It seems to plague the all black variants. What a shame. I had to have the special one.

That's another thing I'm afraid of it's getting another all black replacement and having the same issue.

Yeah, I guess anything's possible but I think you'll be alright. They appear to be very well made mod's and are on my August shopping list....(I always wait a couple months for something to go down before I get it, I have way too much stuff already but I really like and want this mod myself and am jealous of not having it yet :) ) For 200 bucks you deserve a screen without a speck in it and a flat top...end of story...if it was a 30 buck fasttech mod then I'd say you got off lucky, but this is a high end temp regulating mod and you deserve the quality they advertise in my opinion and i wish you the best of luck with it tomorrow...keep us posted please to let us know how it goes?

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks mad monkey. Will definitely keep you guys posted. Whether it's a new replacement or old trusty rubber mallet!

Woodsman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks mad monkey. Will definitely keep you guys posted. Whether it's a new replacement or old trusty rubber mallet!

Hey, just sell it to a rich slob who likes tilted tanks!

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Haha woodsman! You know one?!

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Quick update. The retailer has to send it back to the distributor because they won't allow them just to send me a new one. I will not know how long the turn around time will be or whether they are going to attempt to fix the problems or just send me a new one. Ugh. I was hoping this was going to be easy.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Quick update. The retailer has to send it back to the distributor because they won't allow them just to send me a new one. I will not know how long the turn around time will be or whether they are going to attempt to fix the problems or just send me a new one. Ugh. I was hoping this was going to be easy.

I believe varitube is a disturbitor for the sx mini. give them a call regarding the issue and see what they say.
My all black sx-m has no issue's you listed it must be a one off. hopefully they get it all sorted out for ya.

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I believe varitube is a disturbitor for the sx mini. give them a call regarding the issue and see what they say.
My all black sx-m has no issue's you listed it must be a one off. hopefully they get it all sorted out for ya.

Aw man if I had known that I would have just bought it straight from them. I've talked to Perry just the other day about another issue. Seemed like a nice guy. I'm hoping for a new device and not just replacing the 510. Since that's their bread and butter.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thats what they will do. they won't repair it. It will just go back to yihi

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's comforting coming from another member. I liked the sx mini so much I bought another one from eBay to tie me over until my all black unit comes back. Even the one from eBay has a minor tilt. But this one isn't as bad and I can live with it. OCD, the struggle is real.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's comforting coming from another member. I liked the sx mini so much I bought another one from eBay to tie me over until my all black unit comes back. Even the one from eBay has a minor tilt. But this one isn't as bad and I can live with it. OCD, the struggle is real.

that one won't have a warranty, be careful buying authentics off ebay most mod makers won't honor any warranty work bought off ebay or amazon.

Edit: Warranty info by Yihi
http://www.yihisxmini.com/

http://www.yihisxmini.com/news/Vendor-from-ebay-Amazon-etc-are-not-Authorized-Vendor-n215.html
Please buy our SXmini products from our Authorized Vendor!
Vendors from ebay, Amazon etc are not Authorized.

http://www.yihisxmini.com/news/ID-Number-Laser-Engraved-YiHi-SXmini-M-Class-n226.html

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yea I read that. Luckily I got it for $100 so if it breaks on me, I won't be as mad. Haha

I just did the 150 watt upgrade, so at least I know it's authentic. Haha

Eplayz

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Final update. Got my new sx mini in the mail today. The seller was able to convince the distributor to send me a new one.

This one is perfect. No gap. And no screen issues. I'm one happy camper. Now over to jwraps to protect my precious.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Final update. Got my new sx mini in the mail today. The seller was able to convince the distributor to send me a new one.

This one is perfect. No gap. And no screen issues. I'm one happy camper. Now over to jwraps to protect my precious.

vapinart,varitube,mvs and a few others have the actual Yihi made sleeves they were just released and fit pretty good cheaper then a jwrap with a 15% discount

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Dude that's so awesome to hear...I had a feeling that they would swap it out...I just figured it would be more of a fight to get it done :) It's always good to see a happy swap story with so many "bad" ones you hear about all the time....enjoy your new mod and thanks for the update :)

VU Sponsors