Become a Patron!

SweetSpotVapor.net: Your time has Come

Assuming the accuracy of OP's claims, is this a fair reaming of SweetSpotVapor.net?

• Oooh... I think you were a little harsh here. Cut a guy and his chinese suppliers a break!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm a lawyer and would like to help you file a small-claims suit against this clown.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Open letter to SweetSpotVapor.net
(aka "Vape Guys"; aka "Mel's Diner"... aka ?????)

https://www.facebook.com/sweetspotvapor1
http://www.yelp.com/biz/sweet-spot-vapor-tullahoma-3

It's probably naive, Kevin, but I tend to think the best about people. I really did not want to believe that you were so utterly lacking in honor or decency--that you would so blatantly string me along and then screw me to the wall, as you did. But I have finally come to terms with the fact that you are a lying sack of shit.

For weeks, you either jollied me along or ignored me. (Mostly the latter). You lied to me and ultimately cheated me of a large sum. It's finally time for me to stop considering your lame excuses for why you haven't replaced or compensated me in any way for the pricey-but-defective e-LVT mod I returned to you over FIVE months ago, post-purchase.

See, I can't think of any good reason you would agree to replace the defective item you sold and then suddenly go silent, refusing to respond to my email or phone calls for weeks on end.

As you know, the relevant facts were never in dispute: the item purchased was a) defective, b) both warranteed AND insured, and c) it was returned by mail at my expense and received by you in October, 2014.

By some miracle, I got you on the phone a few weeks ago, when, for reasons known only to yourself, you refused to issue either a store credit or send me a version of the original item from your stock. Oddly, you weren't even open to sending me an item of equivalent value. Somehow, unbelievably, you appear to think that you are the victim in this situation.

Worn down by your loud and extended complaints about difficulties with your suppliers and other things commonly known to grownups as "costs of doing business", I agreed to your grudging offer to send me an MVP 2 in the color pink----which, LOL, you assured me was a "really good trade". Sure, the item is, by any standard, inferior in every way to the e-LVT purchased from you, but I figured it was my best and only chance to get anything at all from the transaction, so, I agreed. To accommodate you, I agreed to accept an all-but-obsolete item of lesser value, in a color I despise. But you couldn't even keep your word about sending that.

Again, the joke was on me. "Check's in the mail", you lied, and like an idiot, I was relieved to think we had ended the matter with some dignity--if not quite fairly. If I wasn't so repelled by your conduct, I could almost admire the sheer unmitigated gall of you.

Of course, I blame myself: it turns out I am not the only one who has had a terrible experience with you. If I had consulted public sources regarding your reputation earlier, I might not be in the position in which I now find myself: duty bound to share the ugly truth about your "business practices" and to recoup my losses--both monetary AND non-monetary: for months I have wasted time and energy wondering/worrying about this and trying to reach you.

Naturally, I'll be filing official public complaints with the Better Business Bureau, on the ECF, as well as adding you to the Hall of Shame in Vaping Underground. My signature line on every vaping forum and other forms of social media will henceforth read a warning to the innocent about SweetSpotVapor.net.

Oh, SweetSpotVapor.net
It's not nice to fuck people!

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Don't hold back..............

Tell us what you really think of them:D
Lol, I know. Well, I waited a long time to say anything... I don't like to complain, but I figure if I'm going to do it, I may as well make it worthwhile. And I am starting to feel better already :)

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In a shocking new development, I have suddenly received email from the company in question. That was fast! I really wasn't expecting to hear anything at all from him again, ever...

Kevin,

You now claim to have answered "every email I've ever sent", a claim which is totally at odds with my perception of reality--as well as with the evidence of my sent-mail box. And you are blaming the post office for what would be a three week delay.

I admit to being skeptical. But, perhaps, despite your extreme confusion on the matter of our communications history, your reaching out to me demonstrates good will...? Or is it only an attempt to save face?

I do wish you would post here if there is some other "side" to this story. I sent you the link to give you that opportunity.

Alternatively, you could just replace my money or my mod. ANYTIME. The ball has been in your court for a long while, Kevin. I have no interest in misrepresenting you--only telling my experience. You can't just keep blaming external factors and expect your customers to suck it up.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm a little late reporting this, but they guy at sweetspotvapor.net did finally send me a functioning replacement for the above-mentioned mod. It was many months late, but it did actually arrive and it works.

Having said that, I would still never recommend this place to anyone--in fact, I would advise others to steer clear.

The biggest takeaway for me from all this is how unbelievably fast he responded after I let him know I was tattling on him online.
It says something about the power of community voice.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BTW, I wrote a pm to a mod a while back asking why this thread was moved from "Hall of Shame" to its current location: Vendor Reviews. I didn't receive a response, so I'll try again here.

It's not a huge deal, but according to the instructions for the "Hall of Shame" thread it belongs where I put it. Oh, and that's where I told the vendor it would be posted. So out of curiosity, why was it moved?

VU Sponsors