Become a Patron!

SVD with nimbus clone rda

I recently got my nimbus clone in and wrapped a dual coil 34g kanthal setup on it, it's reading and firing on my brand new SVD at .9 ohms, the coils are 3.5-4 wraps each with organic hemp twine as my wick. I'm open to criticism or help from anybody please!! It's my first post here also, glad to me here!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
OK might be pushing the lower limits of being able to fire the coils.
if you want above 1.0 you are going to have to add a few more wraps, ie. a 5-7 wrap coil. 34ga in itself is ok but tougher wire to learn on since the thickness does lend up to a ton of tinkering around and adjustments.
For a RDA 32 is the smallest I would ever suggest for a beginner to learn on, 28 is ideal but you want to keep it above 1.0 to fire on the SVD.

Right now I. Only using the 34 because it was free with the rda, I'm buyin some 28 and 30 tomorrow when I get paid, I was just tryin to push the svd and see how low it would actually Fire for me, I've wrspped a ton of coils so I've got that pretty well understood with the number of wraps and all, I also understand ohms law and how it relates,

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
An "optimized" (with the exception of the single 29 gauge build, a 148 or higher heat flux) dual parallel coil build - restricted to 1.2Ω for the SVD (and MVP2) short protection circuit and/or maximum potential current output - would be (given 4mm legs as a constant):

30 gauge:
3.0mm mandrel - 8/7
2.5mm mandrel - 9/8
2.0mm mandrel - 11/10
1.5mm mandrel - 13/12

29 gauge:
3.0mm mandrel - 10/9 (a"cold" heat flux @ 105)

28 gauge (single coil builds):
2.0mm mandrel - 8/7
1.5mm mandrel - 10/9

VU Sponsors