Become a Patron!

SVD problems

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got two problematic SVDs.
  • On one, i dropped it once and the button doesn't move. I can still press it and it still more or less fires and lights up, but there's absolutely no throw to it at all. I'm honestly not even sure how it's working since it's completely immobilized. #nospring
  • I replaced that with another SVD, but after a few months of use, that one now does one thing and one thing only: tells me "10.0". None of the buttons do anything, by themselves or in combination with any other button(s). It's not firing or reading anything, it's just letting me know that "10.0" is what is happening. That's whether there's an atty of any kind connected or not. #nobrains
Does anybody have any suggestions for fixing either of my lightsabers?

Timmy

Member For 4 Years
Mine quit firing. I liked to use it but I have no idea what to do with it so i'm waiting on the ipv preorder to ship

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
1) maybe you knocked the button return loose? Donno if it's a spring or silicone type pad. I've dropped mine & kicked the fire button housing sideways a bit. So I know you can pop that guy out. Getting it back in could be tricky. I'd love to use mine as a guinea pig, but my svd is my work mod & I don't have a proper backup for it. Hopefully soon I'll be able to.

2) no idea. It's probably shot it only says 10.

Maybe turn 2 broken into 1 working?

Reactions: jae

Timmy

Member For 4 Years
apparently a select few are screwed together at the top. most are press fitted and you have to pry it apart

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've got two problematic SVDs.
  • On one, i dropped it once and the button doesn't move. I can still press it and it still more or less fires and lights up, but there's absolutely no throw to it at all. I'm honestly not even sure how it's working since it's completely immobilized. #nospring
  • I replaced that with another SVD, but after a few months of use, that one now does one thing and one thing only: tells me "10.0". None of the buttons do anything, by themselves or in combination with any other button(s). It's not firing or reading anything, it's just letting me know that "10.0" is what is happening. That's whether there's an atty of any kind connected or not. #nobrains
Does anybody have any suggestions for fixing either of my lightsabers?
I had probs with the SVD when Fasttech first got them in I had it for a couple months just like you did and mine came up with a symbol non recognizable looked like an Alien Symbol I tried everything from even spraying it down with Electronic cleaner (not tuner lub) believe it or not even after that time Fasttech took it back got my money back then I thought well it must have been a mishap I bought two Innokin VTR's for my GF and me for X-mas 2013 mine just totally stopped working could not get it to work tried everything took it apart board must have gone hers fired intermittently I got so sick of it with every battery combo etc cleaning it etc.. I just took it apart and now I use the Metal in my DIY projects of all sorts.. I am done with Innokin for now... I wish I had better news for ya

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I sent mine in for repair and they replaced it for free.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Doesn't look too bad. Pretty much same as an ego, with 2 extra buttons.
And yet i don't think i could put an Ego back together, much less this crazy contraption.

I sent mine in for repair and they replaced it for free.
I've had mine for many months though. When i first contacted them when the second one first mysteriously broke, it was still relatively new (about six months), and they said "too bad" (ok paraphrased).

cheetodog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had mine for around 5 when i contacted them. I had the box but no receipt. I wasn't very nice to innokin either. But the place i sent it to was suoer nice and git it back to me in under a week

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jeremy, if you have a spare ego or a dead one. I'd practice on that first. Easier cost to write off if you break it.

I've fixed both of my egos (switch & 510 solder). They're not that bad.

VU Sponsors