Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
"There've been theories and ideas around the fact that e-cigarettes may be helpful from a harm reduction perspective in helping people who are already on cigarettes (that) have had trouble quitting actually get off cigarettes," Murthy said. "If the data indeed bears that out, then I think we should absolutely embrace that and use e-cigarettes in targeted ways."

The Surgeon general seems to be optimistic.

"The government is pouring millions into research to supplement independent and company studies on the health risks of e-cigarettes and other tobacco products—as well as who uses them and why."

That explains Tobacco Control's interest - 5150

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2015-01-surgeon-desperate-clarity-e-cigarettes.html

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I always love reading these articles you post thank you for sharing! And yes there are many unanswered questions but the way I look at it my overall health has improved tremendously I haven't had almost chronic bronchitis vaping only from smoking. I don't smell like a cig. No I can't run up a flight of stairs never have been able to but I bet I could do it a lot better now that I'm vaping. I haven't had frequent heartburn. And I'm ready for surgery February 12th because of vaping so honestly the government and surgeon general can suck my vaping dick

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I always love reading these articles you post thank you for sharing! And yes there are many unanswered questions but the way I look at it my overall health has improved tremendously I haven't had almost chronic bronchitis vaping only from smoking. I don't smell like a cig. No I can't run up a flight of stairs never have been able to but I bet I could do it a lot better now that I'm vaping. I haven't had frequent heartburn. And I'm ready for surgery February 12th because of vaping so honestly the government and surgeon general can suck my vaping dick
Yep the heart burn has gone, the night time wheezing and crackling, zero sinus infections either.
I get winded but that is because I forgot to breath.
Better nail and hair growth, my beard thanks me, my stache REALLY thanks me. Since I am not melting it off with a high flame and a gust of wind.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
[...]my beard thanks me, my stache REALLY thanks me. Since I am not melting it off with a high flame and a gust of wind.

I burn my beard a lot more since I've started rebuilding, because I hold one end of my length of kanthal in my teeth, the other in one hand, and I straighten it by slowing running a lighter along the wire with my other hand. Invariably, when the flame arrives near my face, I misjudge how close it is and a few hair get burnt...

Of course, now that I use nickel wire, I don't need to do that no more. Another advantage of the DNA40 :)

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
"The new DNA40 for men who love their facial hair. Their facial hair loves them back" that would make a decent commercial.:)

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great article @5150sick thanks again man!

Check out this great article on how AWESOME NICOTINE IS FOR US!!!

http://discovermagazine.com/2014/march/13-nicotine-fix

@4biddenArtist I found this article fascinating. I think this quote here really sums up something I think all vapers have learned/realize but I could never quite place why tobacco has such a draw for me:
In short, the estimated 45.3 million people, or 19.3 percent of all adults, in the United States who still smoke are not nicotine fiends. They’re nicotine-anabasine-nornicotine-anatabine-cotinine-myosmine-acetaldehyde-and-who-knows-what-else fiends. It is tobacco, with its thousands of chemical constituents, that rightly merits our fear and loathing as the Great Satan of addictiveness. Nicotine, alone: not so much.

VU Sponsors