Become a Patron!

Suorin Vagon, 2 of them dead, what should I get

Reflexx

Member For 1 Year
Been through 2 Suorin Vagons since August, battery dies, love then otherwise. Based on this and Googling around there may be a quality control issue; I dont want to keep throwing my money at Suorin.

Have used it to get off cigs and it has worked, using nicotine e-liquid, started at 18%, now at 9%, plan to keep dialing down nicotine strenght.

What other similar do you recommend I try? (not interested doing Salts).

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hcigar vt133 dna200; Yihi mods; Eleaf 100w or tc100w - I've not tried their Tris thing.

• Side-doors+sled: forget flippy-doors or battery screw-caps..
  • Dual 18650 is always better than single - parallel allows you to work with one OR two cells, of course.
  • Battery chargers and external cells trump internal and charge-cables. I've got the efest 4 cell charger now, (neighbor skipped town with the old 2-cell nitecore, bastard)
  • 25R's continue to be nicely affordable and reliable
  • avoid Smok mods.
  • geekvape didn't live long
  • wismec didn't live long

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Been through 2 Suorin Vagons since August, battery dies, love then otherwise. Based on this and Googling around there may be a quality control issue; I dont want to keep throwing my money at Suorin.

Have used it to get off cigs and it has worked, using nicotine e-liquid, started at 18%, now at 9%, plan to keep dialing down nicotine strenght.

What other similar do you recommend I try? (not interested doing Salts).
Similar, as in pod...
https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits535.html

or, same thing only different...
https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits543.html

Reflexx

Member For 1 Year
So the Suorin Vagon does: Maximum Wattage Output: 12W. Nothing mentioned about ohms.

So I dont know how to compare to get something similar to Vagon?

Other devices have ohms stuff...

Im not just vaping; im quitting smoking so I need the throat hit, but now less and less as a bring down the nicotine e juice level at 9% now.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Sourin Vagon has 310Mah (milliamp hours) battery. I bet you had to charge it a lot. Could be why they don’t last you.
The Nautilus 2S kit I linked has 2500 Mah. Or, you could get just the 2S tank and a different mod with more battery reserve.
The 2S is compatible with Nautilus BVC coils and Triton Mini coils. Of which there is:
.4 and 1.8 that comes with, plus..
Triton Mini:
1.8Ω clapton, which is how the coil is made and is better for flavor.
1.2Ω
.15Ω but that’s an Ni(Nickel) coil and is for temp control only, and SS is better if you ever what to try TC.
BVC’s come in those .4, 1.6, and 1.8, also .7. I never noticed a diff in 1.6 to 1.8 so I just used the 1.6

So, a lot of diff resistances to choose from. But that’s not the only thing that has a bearing on what the vape will be like. The power(wattage) adjustment, of which the pods are not adjustable, and air flow adjustments, have a huge impact. As does MTL or DTL. Wattage and air flow adjustments mean you can dial in the type of vape you get for each coil, instead of the single preset of the pod(other than diff coils). So the 2S provides a lot of options to find the vape you want. You can try the 2 coils it comes with without buying others, and I’m seeing coils for $10 per 5 pack.

If you want to stay with pod type Nautilus AIO has 1,000Mah, 4.5ml capacity, and uses BVC coils. Also has a some air flow adjustability.

BVC 1.6Ω is what got me off cigs and I vaped it on a regulated mod at 12w, for about 9 months till I moved on to sub ohm.

Last edited:

Reflexx

Member For 1 Year
Thanks. Thats a lot of info!

I charge it because I use it a lot (the Vagon). The Vagon is 1.3ohms. What happens when going lower or higher in the ohms?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
If you can adjust wattage and air flow, then you can get a wider range of vapor production. More vapor less vapor - density. And airy or not so airy. Warmer, or cooler.
Like I was saying, the coils ohms will determine wattage range you'll want to use, among other things. But, what to think about imo is not so much the 1.3Ω because with .7, 1.2, 1.6, or 1.8 Ω coil you will be able to use MTL vaping style like the Vagon, because even though none are 1.3, you can make the 1.2 or 1.6, 1.8 and probably even the .7 all do MTL because of the adjustability of air flow and wattage. You'd just play around with those 2 settings till you like it. I would say the you could make the 2S vape just like the Vagon. The vape versatility of 2S would envelop Vagon.

https://www.ecigarettedirect.co.uk/ashtray-blog/2015/02/voltage-watts-ohms-vapers.html#ohms

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Nautilus AIO has a better than Spryte. Both use BVC coils. AIO holds more juice.
I personally wouldn't pick any of those other because of small battery. 1000 is small too. Cycling the battery is what wears them out.
I want the tight draw, good hit, decent smoke, good battery. Vagon has that
2S has all that too and even a better battery. It's quite the upgrade to what your using. But if you want a pod, you want a pod. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited:

Reflexx

Member For 1 Year
Oh and how expensive coils/pods are and how long they last...plus local stores dont store much except best sellers (Jull, Suorin Drop)

VU Sponsors