Become a Patron!

Subtank Mini

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
So last night my girlfriend walks in the house with one. She had stopped off at our local shop. She goes, "I read about these on Vapor Joes and they're supposed to be bad ass." I have been building for the both of us since the days of the Aga-T. We've been rocking the Orchid V4 for a few months and I thought that was pretty close to as good as it gets.

So I set it up and give it back to her. First impression was the thing looks pretty damn nice. Then she takes a puff and my jaw hits the floor. Did a clearo really just put out that kind of vapor?! No way. Then she's like you have to taste it. I hit it a few times and quickly got dressed so that I could make it back to the shop before they closed and get myself one too.

So it's been about 24 hours now and I felt like I needed to share just how awesome this thing really is. The vapor, flavor and ease of use are off the charts. I did throw a wick in the RBA head just to try it out. It's just as sweet.

Of course I will still have to build my drippers. All of my tanks are retired to the drawer to enjoy the rest of their days in peace. Anyone considering a new tank or on the fence about grabbing one of these should go ahead and pull the trigger. One of the best pieces of gear I've had the pleasure of using.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I concur with your sentiments. I have been most impressed with the entire subtank line and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for a good tank to add to their collection. They come in nice packaging with everything you need out of the box. The best on the market and a home run for Kangertech.

VaporRush

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, these tanks have opened up a whole new world for those who don't want to get into rebuilding. And the best part is, if you do rebuild, you have the choice.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup - Kanger really stepped up their game and has every other company scrambling to compete.. It's the best vape you will get on a clearo and the option to rebuild is just an added perk..

I got about 30 .5 heads just to have and I still haven't used the RBA piece because the wicks are lasting so friggin long! I'm not really used to this with kanger products lol.. used to switching out wicks every other day

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I concur with your sentiments. I have been most impressed with the entire subtank line and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to anyone looking for a good tank to add to their collection. They come in nice packaging with everything you need out of the box. The best on the market and a home run for Kangertech.

Only thing I wish it came with was a stainless tank or another glass tank.. I was washing it with luke warm water and the glass cracked all over the place.. maybe I got a bum piece but now I can't even use it until i get a replacement for it..

luckily i'm going to scoop up the mini tomorrow because I've been pretty depressed for the last few days not being able to use it

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@VapedCrusader did you break the Subtank glass or Mini glass? The Subtank mini comes with an extra glass tank in the box.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@VapedCrusader did you break the Subtank glass or Mini glass? The Subtank mini comes with an extra glass tank in the box.

ahh good to know - and of course it was the regular subtank that broke lol.. just my luck

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Only thing I wish it came with was a stainless tank or another glass tank.. I was washing it with luke warm water and the glass cracked all over the place.. maybe I got a bum piece but now I can't even use it until i get a replacement for it..

luckily i'm going to scoop up the mini tomorrow because I've been pretty depressed for the last few days not being able to use it

Your prayers have been answered. No need to buy another tank. http://sweet-vapes.com/clearomizers...ger-subtank/kanger-subtank-glass-3-sizes.html You're in luck they are in stock.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your prayers have been answered. No need to buy another tank. http://sweet-vapes.com/clearomizers...ger-subtank/kanger-subtank-glass-3-sizes.html You're in luck they are in stock.

thanks for the link - i knew they sold the glass by itself but either they are sold out or overpriced so i've been holding off hoping I could scoop one up from a local shop but doesnt look like any around here carry them yet.. everyone is still on the aspire train..

i'm going to pick up the mini tomorrow anyways just to have since one subtank just isn't enough :)

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I completely agree!

I have 2 minis and a nano. I use the RBA head in the one mini, but i still prefer the factory OCC coils

I have a pack of ni200 coils too, just waiting for my vaporshark rDNA40 to come in....Can't wait to try it with temp control

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
thanks for the link - i knew they sold the glass by itself but either they are sold out or overpriced so i've been holding off hoping I could scoop one up from a local shop but doesnt look like any around here carry them yet.. everyone is still on the aspire train..

i'm going to pick up the mini tomorrow anyways just to have since one subtank just isn't enough :)

No need to stop there. Get 30 so that you'll be set for every day of the month.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No need to stop there. Get 30 so that you'll be set for every day of the month.

if my tax money had come back already I might consider that haha

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I'm with you there. I ordered two and one of the two the RBA head came with the clear insulator and the other with the new brown one. So I emailed kangertechus to ask what i should do about it and they said" the clear one and tha brown one are same so you shuld have no problems". I quickly put together an email with pics froma thred here in VU with pics of the melted clear insulator in the base of the RBA and pics of the replacement they have on sale at their authentic parts web page. which doesn't fit the RBS base. So still no response and that was sent a week ago.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm with you there. I ordered two and one of the two the RBA head came with the clear insulator and the other with the new brown one. So I emailed kangertechus to ask what i should do about it and they said" the clear one and tha brown one are same so you shuld have no problems". I quickly put together an email with pics froma thred here in VU with pics of the melted clear insulator in the base of the RBA and pics of the replacement they have on sale at their authentic parts web page. which doesn't fit the RBS base. So still no response and that was sent a week ago.
I thought the clear one was the peak one?

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had my ST for the last month and a half and absolutely love it. I've got it paired with my Sig 100W plus. The only thing I don't like is that it still leaks. I have a work around using O-rings from Lowes. Do you guys have any leaking problems with the mini or nano? I also love the fact that I can re-wick the coils, saves me some $$$. @VapedCrusader, where did you buy your 30 pack from? The subtank has kept me from having to get into RBA / RTA's. I prefer the OCC coils to the ST RBA as well. It's just easier and faster.

I've been wanting to pick up another Sub-ohm tank, but am waiting for the Melo or Smoktech VCT. I just saw that the Melo is out now, waiting for the reviews so I can decide which one to buy next.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've had my ST for the last month and a half and absolutely love it. I've got it paired with my Sig 100W plus. The only thing I don't like is that it still leaks. I have a work around using O-rings from Lowes. Do you guys have any leaking problems with the mini or nano? I also love the fact that I can re-wick the coils, saves me some $$$. @VapedCrusader, where did you buy your 30 pack from? The subtank has kept me from having to get into RBA / RTA's. I prefer the OCC coils to the ST RBA as well. It's just easier and faster.

I've been wanting to pick up another Sub-ohm tank, but am waiting for the Melo or Smoktech VCT. I just saw that the Melo is out now, waiting for the reviews so I can decide which one to buy next.

I have not had any leaks with any of the Subtanks thus far. All of them have been very reliable with very good results from both the 0.5 and 1.2 ohm atomizers, although I prefer to use the 1.2 ohm heads more as I'm not a huge fan of the sub ohm genre. The flavor is about as good as I could expect and it doesn't linger when I change out my juices. I like to primarily use lighter liquids and stick to high quality juices so that helps in that respect. I get about two weeks on a good coil and sometimes slightly less, more than satisfied. The VCT has gotten very good reviews from numerous sources and I feel it is a high quality tank, right up there with the Subtank. The Melo is pretty much the same but gives you the choice if you want to use their coils or the Atlantis, most are going to opt for the Melo coils for better wicking and flavor consistency of organic cotton. You can't go wrong with either IMHO and I'm sure you'll be happy with whatever you decide. For what they are selling for you can easily purchase both and consider you got a great deal, since your total expenditure would be equivalent to that of a new Subtank. Happy Vaping!

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
if my tax money had come back already I might consider that haha

I would as well but then divorce would be on the horizon. You'll have to compromise with your spouse on one new tank per month, and at that rate, after 2 years and 6 months you will have achieved your quota.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would as well but then divorce would be on the horizon. You'll have to compromise with your spouse on one new tank per month, and at that rate, after 2 years and 6 months you will have achieved your quota.

At least in the divorce your only assets would be vape gear and she would most likely let you keep it all :)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well I just ordered the subtank mini, replacement glass for my 25mm and the new KBOX - i'm excited :)

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was just noticing that my mini subtank with the OCC coil is leaking - I think from the airhole. Googling around, I found this which might help (I haven't tried it yet):
http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kanger-Subtank-Leak-Troubleshooting-s/331.htm
@AmandaD Thanks for this post. Mine started today while I was driving i figured it was from the high elevation(Alps) and then going back down the mountains. But in town it was still doing it. I will look in there and see.

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was about to purchase a ST mini, but I guess I'll hold off for now. I have been plagued with small leaks with my subtank since I got it. I use the rubber washer / O-ring method, which stops the leaks most of the time.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was about to purchase a ST mini, but I guess I'll hold off for now. I have been plagued with small leaks with my subtank since I got it. I use the rubber washer / O-ring method, which stops the leaks most of the time.

It doesn't leak with the RBA base, so the fix above should work!

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the reply @AmandaD. I'm still undecided if I want to pick up the ST Mini, Delta 2, Smoktech VCT or the Melo. Like I've mentioned before, I like the fact that I can rewick the ST coils, and am trying to wait to see if any of these new tanks have atomizers that can be rewicked as well.

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the reply @AmandaD. I'm still undecided if I want to pick up the ST Mini, Delta 2, Smoktech VCT or the Melo. Like I've mentioned before, I like the fact that I can rewick the ST coils, and am trying to wait to see if any of these new tanks have atomizers that can be rewicked as well.
I'm really enjoying the Subtanks and have been looking at the other sub tanks but I would like to settle down and be a 1 replacement coil kind of guy.....so many coils so little time....sigh......

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm really enjoying the Subtanks and have been looking at the other sub tanks but I would like to settle down and be a 1 replacement coil kind of guy.....so many coils so little time....sigh......

I'm with you man. So many choices out there. Just watched a couple reviews and am starting to narrow down my options. I don't like the way the Delta 2 is setup (can't see the juice levels very well and the coils are freakin expensive and can't be rebuilt). The Smok VCT looks promising, and has a many different coils (Not sure on the rebuilding / wicking potential). I do like the Eleaf Melo, the tank is cheap and the coils are fairly cheap as well.

Might just go ahead and pick up the ST mini, so, like you said, I can have one replacement coil, I know that I can rewick them and that way, I can have two juice flavors going at the same time. I would have to pick up another box mod, so that I don't strip the connections on my Sig 100W plus. So that would be another $50 or so.

Hrm....I don't know what to do.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
They had the Delta II when I went to the shop. I went with the ST mini because she already had one and two different coils seemed dumb. I might check one of those out too.

KillaB3E

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They had the Delta II when I went to the shop. I went with the ST mini because she already had one and two different coils seemed dumb. I might check one of those out too.

Let me know what you think if you pick up a new tank.

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
I didn't grab it. Decided that the difference between the two wasn't worth the money. I'm liking the mini.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I completely agree!

I have 2 minis and a nano. I use the RBA head in the one mini, but i still prefer the factory OCC coils

I have a pack of ni200 coils too, just waiting for my vaporshark rDNA40 to come in....Can't wait to try it with temp control
How do you like the nano? I have a full-size SubTank and I'm trying to figure out if I want the Mini or the Nano.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How do you like the nano? I have a full-size SubTank and I'm trying to figure out if I want the Mini or the Nano.

i like it, i use it on a istick30W with the 1.2ohm coil, the juice would just go too fast if I were using the 0.5ohm. and it saves on battery too.

it is a great compact set up that is way better than the aerotank v2 it replaced

As someone who just got his Melo in the mail today (thx VaporDNA!) and who also has a Subtank Mini AND who also uses the iStick 50w, I think I might be able to help. A little :)

The Melo is a really nice little tank. And I mean little. It's 22mm wide so it will be flush with the 30w you have but it's short. Of course, the shorter the tank, the less distance vapor has to travel before it hits the top. That means more flavor for us flavor chasers. Its juice capacity is 3.5ml, so 1ml less than the Mini and 1ml more than the stock Atlantis. I love how the coil screws tight both at the bottom and into the chimney, which helps prevent leaking. The coil is pretty big, exactly the same size as the one in the Atlantis, but it's slightly modified to give it a couple of advantages. Mainly the intake holes on the Melo coils are further down, so you don't have to worry about dry hits. Plus there are four holes on the Melo compared to the two on the Mini coils.

My biggest gripe about the Mini is that no matter what I do I can't have the airflow fully open and not get dry hits. I get them a LOT and I'm seeing many others having the same issue. Some say that it has to do with the VG content of the juice, but I'm running 90/10 in the Melo at 30w with no burnt taste or dry hits. In order to temper that on the Mini I have to drop the airflow down to one setting below full open. Another thing I don't like about the Mini is that it's hard to adjust the airflow. I understand that it locks and all but too many times I've ended up using two hands because I don't want to accidentally unscrew the tank from the iStick.

Hope this helps!

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Glawarhal Same here with my two mini's. I have to run them on the two airholes not fulll open. And yeah the airflow control ring is tight or a bit difficult to turn one handed.

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Glawarhal

do you think you could get away with taking the melo to say, 36W with out dry hits?

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have the Nano and it works great, I think the airflow is better then the full size. That being said, it has a small juice capacity and in hindsight I would have bought the mini instead. I probably will pick up a mini too.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I never thought I'd ever again use something that had pre built coil heads. The option to use the rba head on the mini convinced me to give it a try. I can't believe how much I'm liking this thing. Using the .5 head at 30w with the air wide open vaping my diy max vg juice. It's fan-freaking-tastic. Haven't tried the rba deck yet, but so far I'm very happy.

Jah

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I never thought I'd ever again use something that had pre built coil heads. The option to use the rba head on the mini convinced me to give it a try. I can't believe how much I'm liking this thing. Using the .5 head at 30w with the air wide open vaping my diy max vg juice. It's fan-freaking-tastic. Haven't tried the rba deck yet, but so far I'm very happy.
Might not be super happy with the rba head and max vg juice, unless you grind down the channels a bit 8)

Panther1911

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Might not be super happy with the rba head and max vg juice, unless you grind down the channels a bit 8)

i found this out the hard way

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I knew opening them up might need to be done. I can also replace a few percent of the vg with water in my recipe so the flavor and nic percentages aren't affected while still thinning the juice. Another benefit of diy.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hahaha My Kbox comes today and the Mini ST tomorrow, same combo(grin)

HOORAY :D

I finally vaped my mini over the weekend... puts out the same flavor/clouds as my full sized so I was glad I had the same experience with both.. obviously I'm filling the mini twice as quick but still giving great flavor and looks nice and flush on my 22mm mod

Hope you have similar experiences! My kbox is still working perfectly after a week of use - couldn't be happier with that purchase. Now i told myself a couple more batteries and I'm DONE for a couple months (just bought another 250ml of juice) but you know how that goes haha

still need to use the RBA piece of the mini - been waiting until I have some dedicated time to mess with it instead of doing a rush job

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I finally vaped my mini over the weekend... puts out the same flavor/clouds as my full sized so I was glad I had the same experience with both.. obviously I'm filling the mini twice as quick but still giving great flavor and looks nice and flush on my 22mm mod

Hope you have similar experiences! My kbox is still working perfectly after a week of use - couldn't be happier with that purchase. Now i told myself a couple more batteries and I'm DONE for a couple months (just bought another 250ml of juice) but you know how that goes haha

still need to use the RBA piece of the mini - been waiting until I have some dedicated time to mess with it instead of doing a rush job

It'll take you 10 seconds - just wick it and screw it in :)

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It'll take you 10 seconds - just wick it and screw it in :)

sounds easy enough but 10 seconds to myself is tough to get with 3 kids attached to the hip 24/7 lol .. and the coil that was pre-attached on my mini doesn't look very well built so I'll probably just start from scratch for peace of mind

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
sounds easy enough but 10 seconds to myself is tough to get with 3 kids attached to the hip 24/7 lol .. and the coil that was pre-attached on my mini doesn't look very well built so I'll probably just start from scratch for peace of mind

LOL! I thought the same thing with my coil, but I did a quick dry burn and it works beautifully.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

04a2d293-33f5-4e1f-8c69-1b17d26e08c5_zps5fmj0vck.jpg

Spike64

Vapemail Stalker
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couldnt stand it anymore...just ordered a ST Mini...I already have and love the full sized ST, but its a bit large to carry around all day on a small box mod. Saw it for 27 bucks and couldnt resist...dammit...;)

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Couldnt stand it anymore...just ordered a ST Mini...I already have and love the full sized ST, but its a bit large to carry around all day on a small box mod. Saw it for 27 bucks and couldnt resist...dammit...;)

Where did you find one for $27?

VU Sponsors