Become a Patron!

Subtank mini head (coil) rebuilding?

Phone Guy

Member For 4 Years
So the wife has a subtank mini, loves it. I've been rebuilding the heads and not using the RBA deck. Basically following rip trippers method and putting a freshly wrapped coil down the top hole of the head assembly.

My question is, do these head Chambers open or come apart at all?

Or is dropping the coil in from the top the only way?

Mroutlaw

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
So the wife has a subtank mini, loves it. I've been rebuilding the heads and not using the RBA deck. Basically following rip trippers method and putting a freshly wrapped coil down the top hole of the head assembly.

My question is, do these head Chambers open or come apart at all?

Or is dropping the coil in from the top the only way?
No they don't. I gave up on trying that and just use the rda piece on my subtank

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes have seen videos of where people did pull the top off the head, but it is not easy, and personally not worth the trouble, the 1st one I tried to do, I actually snapped of the bottom of the head (510 pin of the head), so just easier to drop the coil down through the hole IMO.

hogheadv

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are a tight press fit. But they do come apart with enough encouragement. I use two pliers. One to hold the coil head body and a needle nose to pull from the top hole. They go back together fairly easily as well.

Manimal3497

Manimalizer
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
They do come apart but the dropping it in from the top is alot easier. I have pulled one apart before and yes they are press fit together so they just pop back together. Having done it both ways the dropping it in from the top is he easiest way IMO

Phone Guy

Member For 4 Years
I seem to keep getting hot legs for some reason, that's why I was I asking about taking the top off... For the life of me I can't figure out what the leg leads are touching on, or why my 28 gauge build (5 wraps around a 2.4mm screwdriver) at 1.2ohm keep getting a red hot leg down close to the 510 pin. :(

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I heard if you stick coil in another tank you can dry burn and pulse it a few times then it will stop the hot leg once you put it in the kanger.

Phone Guy

Member For 4 Years
Hmm not sure how that would work considering you need long legs? I guess maybe.... I'll have to try it I guess. Thanks.

JColt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hmm not sure how that would work considering you need long legs? I guess maybe.... I'll have to try it I guess. Thanks.

It just over hangs on device your using to pulse. Just make sure not to touch anything other than posts.

Phone Guy

Member For 4 Years
Honestly, it's too easy to use the RBA head. I'm obsessed with rebuilding the Coils for my wife.... I personally don't even use the tank. (chew on that)

VU Sponsors