Become a Patron!

subtank coil issues

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is anyone noticing the occ coils being really hit and miss or is it just me? I'm some of the coils which are authentic are lasting me weeks on end and then some a day or two.I tend to vape in spurts take 3 or 4 pulls set it down for a while. Once and a while the third or firth pull I get a burnt taste and then the puffs taste horrible following this happening. I'm currently using an ipv mini 2 at 22 watts so nothing super over powering. Is it just a case of user error or another case of kanger's fantastic quality control? Thanks for your help

Webb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have had no problems for mine. Are you vaping high vg

Ellipsis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
depends on your e-liquid also...but, kanger has been notorious for years, with their inconsistent heads...
i have personally seen my girlfriend go through 7 in a month and then turn around and get 19 days from 1...go figure !!
she seems to think the 1.2's last longer than the .5's...

Ngkon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have had many of the coils start to taste like melting rubber and jump wattage up and down. I found that when the coils were made the positive coil lead has cut and then further melted into the coils bottom rubber insulator. Turning the insulator has fixed this. I don't know if that is causing your issue but it could be.

chuckpie85

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So I just fried another coil beginning to get really frustrated checked the insulator with no luck looks as good as it was new less than 12 hours ago. I think I may have been tightening the coil to tight so this one is tight but not cranked on. When I put a new coil on I start at low watts and after a few puffs increase thewatts slightly until I reach my preferred wattage of 22. Again I'm not really sure what is going on or what I'm doing wrong. I appreciate any insight you guys may have.

Laurel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That's interesting. I've had absolutely zero problems with my OCC Coils. The .5Ω, the 1.2Ω and even the new .15Ω Ni200 OCC Coils; Zero issues. The lowest VG/PG ratio I use is 60vg/40pg.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It sounds like you are burning the cotton. Once you have done that, it will be bad forever. Maybe a few dry pulls after the first two pulls?

VU Sponsors