Become a Patron!

Subox Mini Protection

cheetahhead123

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi guys and girls

I have a Kangertech Subox Mini and want to know if there is anything out there that is better to protect it than the silicon sleeves that are so easily available. I have noticed a few other mods have heavy duty protective cases/sleeves and want to know if anyone knows of a product i can get to maximise protection of my new baby!!!

Thanks in advance

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have been looking all over, but all I've seen are the stickers and the silicone sleeves.

I just ordered a silicone sleeve off of eBay for around $5 from a US seller.

I think the options are going to be limited to none for protecting a box mod that costs the same (or less than) an ego vision. Unless you feel like embracing the mod-culture at the roots and making your own.

Are you also enjoying your Subox?

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Iv got the silicone sleeve/slip ring and it works well. Its fallen from my bed multi times and droped off my kitchen counter with no damage except for a small split on the bottom corner. Thats been there a month and hasnt torn anymore

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

cheetahhead123

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys

I love my subox. Learning more and more as i vape.

How would you go about making your own protection?

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't do knitting!!! Lol
Well i get you want something hard and indestructable. If you did find something youd be slideing the subox in n out. Eventually the paints gona lose to hard plastic.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had mine since Wednesday and I'm noticing the edges of my mod and tank losing paint. Then again, keeping it in my pocket and fiddling with it i expect as much. I haven't been able to find any wraps for it though

Sent from my VK700 using Tapatalk

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've had mine since Wednesday and I'm noticing the edges of my mod and tank losing paint. Then again, keeping it in my pocket and fiddling with it i expect as much. I haven't been able to find any wraps for it though

Heres the sleeve https://m.fasttech.com/p/2817400 but they got stickers also (there fugly) jw what color did you get

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
f6a5bd445c8ae7340d774ea5ad34cdaa.jpg

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorta wish I got the stromtrooper white but oh well. I don't want to get a silicone sleeve because I can imagine that getting all types of lint filled and dirty

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sorta wish I got the stromtrooper white but oh well. I don't want to get a silicone sleeve because I can imagine that getting all types of lint filled and dirty

Ya i got the white and i got ya on lint but np with mine to tight but im to anal 4 painted stuff goin with istick 60w and goliath v2 or chtulhu v2 if i can get the $

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ya i got the white and i got ya on lint but np with mine to tight but im to anal 4 painted stuff goin with istick 60w and goliath v2 or chtulhu v2 if i can get the $
I think I'm going to stick with this and maybe pick up an leaf 10w for work. Ill just have to carry juice with me if I get that gs16s tank with it

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think I'm going to stick with this and maybe pick up an leaf 10w for work. Ill just have to carry juice with me if I get that gs16s tank with it

Check out the ijust2 still sub ohm 2600 mah can use alot of dif coils (atlantis artic triton melo etc)26$ stick mod so not 2 big n all ss

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Check out the ijust2 still sub ohm 2600 mah can use alot of dif coils (atlantis artic triton melo etc)26$ stick mod so not 2 big n all ss
I wouldn't have to worry about losing the finish that's for sure. Dimensions are about the same as the subkit set.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wouldn't have to worry about losing the finish that's for sure. Dimensions are about the same as the subkit set.

Only thing about it i didnt like (but might be good to sum1 else) is its vv/vw is set up to lower auto as the battery gets lower so you wont get a contest vape but battery lasts longer

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Only thing about it i didnt like (but might be good to sum1 else) is its vv/vw is set up to lower auto as the battery gets lower so you wont get a contest vape but battery lasts longer
Seems like that would lead to very inconsistent results.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks guys

I love my subox. Learning more and more as i vape.

How would you go about making your own protection?
You could always macrame or crochet if you're not into knitting.

But seriously, you can't put a beefy "otter box" style protector on a Subox unless it had built in button extensions.

Personally I think something leather would be cool, with a trap-door for the battery that has STRONG snaps.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You could always macrame or crochet if you're not into knitting.

But seriously, you can't put a beefy "otter box" style protector on a Subox unless it had built in button extensions.

Personally I think something leather would be cool, with a trap-door for the battery that has STRONG snaps.

Yes the bdsm cover that brings the subox 2 a hole new level it can have a dog colar and chain like a good sub should.

head_jt

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Duct tape is always an option.

guyakaguy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes the bdsm cover that brings the subox 2 a hole new level it can have a dog colar and chain like a good sub should.

You could go in that direction... And emboss a picture of Rob Halford while you're at it.

I was thinking more like a nice tanned brown leather. Cool and retro like a bomber jacket.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You could go in that direction... And emboss a picture of Rob Halford while you're at it.

I was thinking more like a nice tanned brown leather. Cool and retro like a bomber jacket.

With painted on aviator sun glasses ya...

VU Sponsors