Sub Tank Plus Not Firing

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I put the airflow base on my ohm meter, it reads .8, but when I screw it onto either of my KBoxes, nothing happens. When I put it on my Cloupor Mini, I get "Check Atomizer."
I've cleaned threads and contacts, but obviously something isn't making contact. o_O
I know a thimbleful of what you guys know and it's probably something simple - please enlighten me....

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Hey @Teresa P , I have run into this before on a few of my subtanks. I put the base with coil only installed on my device and it read the correct resistance. Then once I assembled the rest of the tank onto the base / coil assembly it gave me the check atomizer. I stared to loosed the tank assembly and checking the device every quarter of a turn. Eventually it stared reading. Come to find out there was something shorting out the tank to the coil causing the error. I cleaned the entire tank assembly and reassembled and problem when away. I thought there might have been a metal chard or something that broke loose and shorted it out. IT may not solve your issue but that was my experience on a few occasions.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oddly enough, I had just re-assembled the tank from cleaning it and was going to burn the gunk off the coil when this happened. What parts did you disassemble? I took the contact pin out and cleaned it, but that obviously isn't the problem.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Oddly enough, I had just re-assembled the tank from cleaning it and was going to burn the gunk off the coil when this happened. What parts did you disassemble? I took the contact pin out and cleaned it, but that obviously isn't the problem.
Sorry for the lack of clarity... For me the base and pin were ok because it worked with the coil in the base only. Resistance read good. Once I assembled the chimney portion and glass tank along with the top is when I ran into problems. I found that the chimney portion was messing up the coil due to some sort of short. Depending on your tank set up (works best if its empty), you can begin to unscrew the tank assembly form the base a quarter turn at a time and check the resistance while doing this. At some point, the error cleared. Of course the tank was now loose and would most certainly leak. Thats when I put all the pieces into the UC for a bit and then when I put it all back together again, the problem was gone. Hope that helps but again it depends on you specific tank you are having a problem with..

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Any luck @Teresa P????

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cleaned the crap out of the contact pins and threads and kept screwing and unscrewing, dickered with the coil a bit - have no idea if any of that actually helped or if it just decided I should know who's in charge, but it started working. ;)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Cleaned the crap out of the contact pins and threads and kept screwing and unscrewing, dickered with the coil a bit - have no idea if any of that actually helped or if it just decided I should know who's in charge, but it started working. ;)
Gotta love the no answers to a fix. Glad it works now

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Dumbphone

VU Sponsors