Become a Patron!

Sub tank nano w/ istick 30w

I have been vaping for about 3 years and like alt of people started out with the ego batteries and a simple single coil tank. This past year I was using the aerotank v2 with the mvp mod battery and I loved it but like a typical vape addict I wanted more. But im a little weary on building coils and all the technical stuff. Considering I tend to stick with kangertech tanks I figured id try one of the sub ohm tanks so I got the nano. Im running it off of the istick 30w and I absolutely love it! It is so much more power than im used to. I haven't even gone above 15 watts! This combination is working out great and I highly recommend it to anyone! Like I said im new to the whole sub ohm vaping so if anyone has any tips or advice on the subject, im all ears...and lungs!

Rommel

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Advice on sub ohming? Well, get a hold of some 28, 26 and 24 gauge Kanthal A1, cellucutton(rayon) or japanese organic cotton, ohm reader, precision screwdrivers, tweezers, pliers, somewhat easy RDA like a Magma and you should be all set. Study YouTube, maybe RipTrippers if you can tolerate his shouting and yelling and start wrapping. If your iStick starts lacking power theres a 50w version coming soon.

If you had gotten the subtank mini you could have tried coil building in there, it comes with the RBA deck as well as the coilheads.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea...the nano doest have an rba feature...Its more the next basic step in the kanger tank line without the rba feature.

However, get your feet wet building coils...Even in the basic tanks it makes a world of difference in the quality of vape itself despite one not being super huge vapor production machines.

You can rebuild your kanger coils in the nano tank as well..Some 28g kanthal and a trip to the local drug store can get you all you need to get going on the nano...Not to mention youll save a ton of money learnin diy coils as opposed to replacement cost of the new kanger coils...huge difference.

A nano is in my future as well...congrats on the set up.

So ive been using my nano with the istick 30 for about a month now and I love it. Ive gotten more vapor than ive ever gotton before. But I can't seem to vape over like over 12 watts without it hurting! But I want more vapor. Ive tried the higher vg liquid which I really like. I dont really want to go 100% vg cause I need that throat hit. Im wondering what im doing wrong if anything. Maybe my lungs are just weak. Needless to say im gonna be moving up to the mini soon to start trying my hands on the rba. I do know I love kangertech cause whenever ive tried other tank brands in the past I was very disappointed.

T

Taver13

So ive been using my nano with the istick 30 for about a month now and I love it. Ive gotten more vapor than ive ever gotton before. But I can't seem to vape over like over 12 watts without it hurting! But I want more vapor. Ive tried the higher vg liquid which I really like. I dont really want to go 100% vg cause I need that throat hit. Im wondering what im doing wrong if anything. Maybe my lungs are just weak. Needless to say im gonna be moving up to the mini soon to start trying my hands on the rba. I do know I love kangertech cause whenever ive tried other tank brands in the past I was very disappointed.
i justmoved my wife from a itazte VV with a protank mini 3 to an istick 20 with a subtank nano. i rebuild them to 1.2-1.3 ohms for her wicked with rayon, and she absolutly loves it. took me FOREVER to convince her to let the old setup go. i must say, im impressed with the whole setup for her. she stays around 15 watts and loves the increase in vapor production. (and she is using a 60pg 40 vg mix) and the flavor increase.l you got a solid setp there, and if you learn to rebuild your stock coils, you will love it even more. as mentioned earlier, if you can deal with rip trippers he has a great tutorial on rebuilding the stock kanger heads

So i found some great juice it doesn't hit my throat to hard its called bombies and its a high vg blend im using gummi bear flavor. Anyway the setup is still amazing but for the past few hours its been real burny tasting. My battery is only turned up to 13 W so I doubt its that and I just put a new coil in two days ago... can someone help me figure this out??

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Advice on sub ohming? Well, get a hold of some 28, 26 and 24 gauge Kanthal A1, cellucutton(rayon) or japanese organic cotton, ohm reader, precision screwdrivers, tweezers, pliers, somewhat easy RDA like a Magma and you should be all set. Study YouTube, maybe RipTrippers if you can tolerate his shouting and yelling and start wrapping. If your iStick starts lacking power theres a 50w version coming soon.

If you had gotten the subtank mini you could have tried coil building in there, it comes with the RBA deck as well as the coilheads.

+1 for the magma. I love mine and (for me, as with everything in vaping it's subjective) it really shines with a good 1.0-1.2 ohm single parallel coil build. I can vape it all day, carry it around in my pocket (filled even!) and not worry about it leaking. It was my second RDA and it's been my go to since I got it!

anendeloflorien

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So i found some great juice it doesn't hit my throat to hard its called bombies and its a high vg blend im using gummi bear flavor. Anyway the setup is still amazing but for the past few hours its been real burny tasting. My battery is only turned up to 13 W so I doubt its that and I just put a new coil in two days ago... can someone help me figure this out??

The stock subtank coils sometimes have issues with higher VG juices like that. I find with mine they work best using a 50/50 or 60/40 PG/VG blend. The burnt taste is likely because it's not able to wick the thicker juice fast enough. One thing you can do if you want to keep using it in there is, before you take a hit put your finger over the air slot and give the mouthpiece a good solid pull, that will pull some juice into the coil and it should give you a hit or two before it is dry again.

VU Sponsors