Become a Patron!

Sub ohm tank getting too hot

Empowerment

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just got my first sub ohm tank, it seems too get VERY hot off of my Aspire CF Sub Ohm battery after only 4-5 hits off of it... Is that normal? I've never used sub ohm u too now, so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question..

harpo1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got my first sub ohm tank, it seems too get VERY hot off of my Aspire CF Sub Ohm battery after only 4-5 hits off of it... Is that normal? I've never used sub ohm u too now, so I'm sorry if this is a dumb question..
Depends on the tank and the wattage you're vaping at.

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The CF doesn't give you the ability to regulate the power delivered to the coil, it simply delivers the available battery voltage. Some sub ohm tanks do well at higher voltages, some not so much. About all you can do is make sure the air flow is opened all the way or if a higher ohm coil came with the tank try that.

Empowerment

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you so much Lefty, I let the guy sell me some off brand tank. So I'll just have to break down & get the Aspire Atlantis 2 that has a cooling system in it.....

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Get one of these doo-dads. I use them and they work surprisingly well with drippers and tanks: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10010809/1973502-kepler-510-finned-heat-sink-for-atomizers

1973502-3.jpg

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thank you so much Lefty, I let the guy sell me some off brand tank. So I'll just have to break down & get the Aspire Atlantis 2 that has a cooling system in it.....

What Ohm coil are you using a .5 or a .3?

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I still can't see through the Phone. My Artic Horizon is the only tank I have that gets even warm. I push it from 20 - to 125 watts. I build my own coils. A Hot atty means a big problem. I would find out. I think a danger of injury is remote, I would find out.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hot and very warm are relative. To me hot is too hot to handle, risking skin damage.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hot and very warm are relative. To me hot is too hot to handle, risking skin damage.
Oh come on now, lol we both know if it gets that hot, your using a truck battery. I do have a small 12 V Motorcycle battery wire home thingy I made. Lasts about a month between charges. No you can't have one. I'll tell you over the phone how to make one though.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh come on now, lol we both know if it gets that hot, your using a truck battery. I do have a small 12 V Motorcycle battery wire home thingy I made. Lasts about a month between charges. No you can't have one. I'll tell you over the phone how to make one though.
LOL, I ride an Iron Horse Tejas. I've got the skinny on 12V motorcycle batts. Even thought of a rig like that myself....

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
LOL, I ride an Iron Horse Tejas. I've got the skinny on 12V motorcycle batts. Even thought of a rig like that myself....
Any motorcycle dealer will just give you a battery. unless your a turd. Fast Tech has all the stuff for under 35 bucks. Depending on how it is set, it will kick any 400.00 Mods ass.

Last edited:

Arizona

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

In all honesty, I dropped in an Atlantis .3 coil in my iJust 2 (which I was told would work), and after 10 hits my atty was so hot I could barely touch it. I had to let it sit 10 minutes before I could swap out my old coil back in (noone in town has the eLeaf coils).

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use a thread on heat sink like the one I posted above. They really do work.

Tina Ellis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
In all honesty, I dropped in an Atlantis .3 coil in my iJust 2 (which I was told would work), and after 10 hits my atty was so hot I could barely touch it. I had to let it sit 10 minutes before I could swap out my old coil back in (noone in town has the eLeaf coils).
Hello.. Real quick, I have the ijust 2 and I also use the Atlantis coils in mine. If I use the .3 coils mine gets hot as fire as well but I put a .5 in it and it works awesomely! You're obviously not going to get all the vapor from it that its capable of but when you can't find replacement coils for it anywhere (which I can't), you have to make do with what you've got

Arizona

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I haven't tried the .5 coils in all honesty, but the .3 were crap. I usually run my Plume Veil or Troll on the iJust2 lately.

Tina Ellis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
And I use my Orchid on mine... :D:D
You should try it out of though... Works great!

VU Sponsors