Become a Patron!

Sub ohm tank for MTL? insane?

Hey guys, was thinking about getting a sub ohm tank. Ive got a coolfire 4 plus mod and wanted to take advantage of the 70w capacity on it.

So ive only really done MTL before.. might like to get into doing lung hits, but maybe not. More than likely ill just alternate between the two. Main thing i would like is just more flavour.

So would i be crazy getting a sub ohm tank? Are these only for pure lung hitting cloud chasers?

And secondly whats a good one to start on?

Falconeer

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
There'll be lots of suggestions, but if you just want to test the water without paying out too much you could try a GS Air with a 0.75 ohm coil - they are cheap as chips, have a glass tank and the coils do give amazingly long life.

They are by no means a sophisticated bit of kit, but mine have served me well.

I'm an MTL vaper; I enjoy flavour and for me the GS Air with DIY juice with just a bit of menthol added is superb.

mikeyboy74

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
You can find tanks that offer both sub ohm and above ohm coils, or are compatible with others.

For example, Aspire Triton 2, Tobeco Super Tank, Sense Herakles.

There's a lot of middle ground between an mtl tank like a Nautilus, and a cloud tank with wide open airflow, like a tfv4, tfv8, or the cci tanks.

With more power and dl, you will need less nic, typically not over 6 in a sub ohm tank.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would try the new Arymi Gillie subtank
789193f75ec74f9fa693d83ef670e709.jpg
features a rebuildable center genesis style .5 ohm coil and cotton wick
cbe638ce68131a7b9acd2ce361afebc2.jpg

I got one from Eciggity for $17..
891f8d993c5dc005f585ba7acf9e6940.jpg

Airflow is a restrictive lung hit but doable..it vapes good and no leaks..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Subtank mini can go from a bit loose MTL to a restrictive but not bad lung hit.
And has an RBA deck if you desire to build your own.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
+1 for Tobeco Super Tank
Also look at the Apire Cleito (original)
Maybe add Sense Herakles Plus

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After a bucket full of tanks, I'd venture to suggest the Tobeco super tank ( regular or mini version) since you can use the 1.8 aspire coils for mtl or any of the other 0.x type coils for dl/ subohming. It is very affordable and versatile and I really enjoyed the flavor....till I broke the glass. Ecig city has a decent price on them, they also have replacement glass ( get a couple extras) and 510 drip tip adapters.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
There'll be lots of suggestions, but if you just want to test the water without paying out too much you could try a GS Air with a 0.75 ohm coil - they are cheap as chips, have a glass tank and the coils do give amazingly long life.

They are by no means a sophisticated bit of kit, but mine have served me well.

I'm an MTL vaper; I enjoy flavour and for me the GS Air with DIY juice with just a bit of menthol added is superb.
Those are damn good tanks with inexpensive coils, and really good flavor....hell you can buy them by the dozen.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Subtank mini can go from a bit loose MTL to a restrictive but not bad lung hit.
And has an RBA deck if you desire to build your own.

I'll second the Subtank mini. I used it and the plus for a while and really liked it. The flavor is great and as Robert said, it's got a good range in terms of airflow. However, the best part of the tank is the RBA section. It's simple to use and works like a charm.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll second the Subtank mini. I used it and the plus for a while and really liked it. The flavor is great and as Robert said, it's got a good range in terms of airflow. However, the best part of the tank is the RBA section. It's simple to use and works like a charm.
Yep the RBA section is all I use.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those are damn good tanks with inexpensive coils, and really good flavor....hell you can buy them by the dozen.
Yep got those too. Nice tanks.
However the flavor with the Subtank mini RBA is MUCH better.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No problems with spitback?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'll echo the subtank mini.. love mine for MTL hits (put a longer/skinny drip tip on it even).
Never had any spitback, but Im only using it at 15-20w.

I'll disagree with the Aspire Cleito though. It has this rubber band thing that is supposed to restrict the airflow enough for MTL but it's a sad excuse.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll echo the subtank mini.. love mine for MTL hits (put a longer/skinny drip tip on it even).
Never had any spitback, but Im only using it at 15-20w.

I'll disagree with the Aspire Cleito though. It has this rubber band thing that is supposed to restrict the airflow enough for MTL but it's a sad excuse.
Yes good point. Use a narrower bore drip tip on the STM if you want MTL. do not use the stock tip for MTL.

VU Sponsors