Become a Patron!

Sub OHM and Nic Salts

Hey people,

I'm new here, and hope I'm not violating any rules.

I just had a question, I got a NIC Salt based flavor from a friend as a gift, but have read that you shouldn't be using NIC Salt based flavors on SUB OHM Devices. I use the VooPoo Drag Kit, with a Crown III head (not sure what you call this, please excuse my lack of knowledge). I use a .5ohm atomizer on this kit.

Can I mix the NIC Salt flavours with a regular 70/30 VG/PG liquid and use it in my Vape or is that a no-no, I had considered not using NIC Salt based flavors all together on a precursory reading about them, but then I came across this thread on Quora and I'm now confused.

Could anyone help clarify this, sorry if I broke any rules, posting this here, it seemed like the appropriate place to post this question.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
What is the nic level in the juice you got?

The problem with using salts sub ohm is that you will go through the juice a lot faster. If the juice you have is 3 or 6 mg, you are fine using it in a sub tank.

What you should not do is vape 50 mg salts sub ohm. You will get nic sick.

Yea no chance it’s less than 25 and 35, and possibly 50 mg. That’s really potent to vape clouds with that crazy concentration like that. You will, as mentioned above, probably get nic sick.

Remember that most salts are preferably used in pod devices. I am not an expert and that is not always the case.

However if you feel the urge to use it in your crown III which is a sub ohm tank, you would need to use much lower watts. 70% vg of your 70/30 is good for sub ohm tanks but the nicotine concentration is way to high depending how many mg you got.

Most high powered pod systems use 40 watts. You would just need to adjust to the ball park where you are not getting wet hits cause the watts are too low or too high that you get sick from it. So maybe those are a few factors to consider.

Try not to chain vape, continuously vape on the device, if you are planning to start even at 40 watts. See how you feel cause it can creep up on you.

It’s just difficult cause the lowest watts you use on sub ohm tank are usually 50 watts and that’s 10 above most pod based devices.

So it’s trial and error with watts if you choose to use this nic salt, just again do not chain vape. Especially if it’s 50 mg nic salt

VU Sponsors