Become a Patron!

Studies Reveal Health Risks Of E-Cigarettes, What is your opinion?

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
6839395120_996131a037_b.jpg

CLICK LINK BELOW
http://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/studies-reveal-health-risks-e-cigarettes

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My opinion is, that you need to start reading more substantial news sources and information sites, also stop posting links to poorly written advertisements for Big Tobacco and their cigalikes. Every time you link garbage like this, it raises the ability for people in the general public who are uninformed to come to poor conclusions. Furthermore, you increase the amount of negative attention that our community here, VapingUnderground, receives by hosting links and articles of such nonsense. I believe you mean well, but your ability to strategize in the world of cyber politics is somewhat lacking....Big tobacco is playing chess and you keep showing up with checkers. MY OPINION.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Lots of large corporations are producing harmful products that seem rarely or never to have the sort of opposition that vaping is receiving.
When vaping opposition is motivated and supported/funded by these same corporations, one can easily deduce that corruption is involved, and their actions give themselves away. The article is just another "hit piece" imo. When they cannot find facts to support their "interests", they distort or "create" them.

I for one, do not support big tobacco or big pharma. Fuck em!

MD_Boater

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I googled the author, Lisa Winter. She also writes articles about climate change (from the "it exists" standpoint). Totally not credible. Fiction writer.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The same BS endlessly recycled.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
She must of got the Info from this 9th grader who won a "public information poster" competition and had it posted in a 6 flags bathroom:(
dWm65ij.jpg

dragonpuff

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This article is garbage. It's based entirely on 2 studies that, when actually read, don't prove that vaping is dangerous.

IFLS has gone the usual route from promoting science awareness to publishing hyped-up articles with attention-grabbing headlines for the sole purpose of getting more likes for their page. They can't be trusted.

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I actually liked this article. I think the last paragraph summed it up nicely.

TLDR: E-Cigs are healthier than normal cigs, but with known and unknown risks they are still not healthy.

Not sure what the fuss is about. Then again, I usually miss things.

dragonpuff

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I actually liked this article. I think the last paragraph summed it up nicely.

TLDR: E-Cigs are healthier than normal cigs, but with known and unknown risks they are still not healthy.

Not sure what the fuss is about. Then again, I usually miss things.

The problem is that they're telling lies to try to get people to believe that vaping is more dangerous than it actually is. And that people trust them - everyone who reads this article and believes it (because it was published by someone they trust) is going to be telling other people that vaping is dangerous. We don't need any more bad press.

I've read both of the studies they focus on primarily in that article, and neither of those studies shows that vaping is dangerous. In my eyes, an article is not "good" if it's based on spreading lies and misinformation. Studies have been conducted on almost every aspect of vaping now, and every study (properly) done so far shows that they are safe (I know it's not "PC" to say they are safe, but they are).

So basically, the known risks are extremely minor (it's more dangerous to take a few aspirin than to vape), and the unknown risks are very few. Any article that focuses heavily on risks that don't really exist is not a product of good journalism. This article is nothing more than an attention-grabber.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sick of the shit.. you know what hurts more people, especially kids?

A laundry product designed for convenience has quickly turned into a serious and common hazard for small children, says a report on the dangers of liquid laundry detergent packets. The single-use packets — often called "pods" after the popular Tide Pods brand — sent an average of one child a day to hospitals in 2012 and 2013, the first two years they were widely available in the United States, says the report out Monday in Pediatrics. During those two years, poison control centers took more than 17,000 calls, roughly one an hour, about children under 6 exposed to the concentrated detergents in the packets, researchers say. Numbers for 2014 are not yet available, but the danger persists, says lead researcher Gary Smith, director of the Center for Injury Research and Policy at Nationwide Children's Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.

----

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/11/10/laundry-pods-child-hospital/18663007/

OB61887

Am I saying meow?
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
True, but then again most articles besides those published for education are attention grabbers. Personally, I have no problem with vaping just as I have no problem with people smoking or eating unhealthy. Adults can make their own decisions and most things I enjoy are bad for me. I don't believe corporations have a responsibility to be healthy, only to warn users of the risks of their product. While I don't expect any big risks to result from vaping compared to many of the socially acceptable things we do, I would rather people make it out to be more dangerous than it is instead of making it out to be safer than it is.

I have read some articles that I found frustrating, saying that ecigs pose a great risk than normal cigs. But I have also heard from vapers that vaping is healthy and that bothers me almost as much. The last thing I want is for young people to start vaping because they think it is healthy. I find people in the vaping community assume everyone understands that vaping is not healthy, just healthier. But most people don't care enough to know that apposed to us who care enough about vaping to be on a vaping forum.

But yea, I can see how this bugs people.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The things with studies are..Who did them, For what reason (pro/ con or just the truth) and who was backing it but that comes back to the first two ... once you figure them out you know what that study was really about and as anyone knows you can make pretty much make any final number/results what you want or to show... it's just takes a little or a lot of foot work on your own part to find out what the real reason was behind that study only 2 out of them will be bias... it's the Independent study who has nothing to gain from it money wise or political I try to find..As of right now I vape because what I know of right now it is the lesser of two evils

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Last edited:

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
She is just some ADHD reject who spends her time popping legal m*th in the form of Adderall,from the middle of nowhere who wants to move back to the middle of nowhere....soccer mom and lonely military wife who needs to find a different cause every day so that she feels needed in the world....liberal crackpot...her twitter is all over the place, what a dumb ass...and these are the people that are allowed to write in online publications aimed at sharing scientific information....our country is going to hell in a hand basket...and fast.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
She is just some ADHD reject who spends her time popping legal m*th in the form of Adderall,from the middle of nowhere who wants to move back to the middle of nowhere....soccer mom and lonely military wife who needs to find a different cause every day so that she feels needed in the world....liberal crackpot...her twitter is all over the place, what a dumb ass...and these are the people that are allowed to write in online publications aimed at sharing scientific information....our country is going to hell in a hand basket...and fast.
See just a little foot work ;)...So she don't know shit she read some stuff and probably didn't look into who did that research and the reason why...But now we know she has no street cred:)...BTW.. that took me all of 2 mins to find that about her

vaporchaos

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The things with studies are..Who did them, For what reason (pro/ con or just the truth) and who was backing it but that comes back to the first two ... once you figure them out you know what that study was really about and as anyone knows you can make pretty much make any final number/results what you want or to show... it's just takes a little or a lot of foot work on your own part to find out what the real reason was behind that study only 2 out of them will be bias... it's the Independent study who has nothing to gain from it money wise or political I try to find..As of right now I vape because what I know of right now it is the lesser of two evils
for every science study that "reveals" something there is some other scientific study that refutes it. Lol true?

VU Sponsors