Become a Patron!

Perilous3D

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hi Guys,

I'm having a strange battery issue since yesterday. I connected my Reuleux DNA 200 Evolv via USB and fiddled with a few settings in EScribe in an attempt to optimize my build. I followed the advice of several guides and didn't get too deep into it. I mainly just adjusted the Capacity (using the Watt-Hour Calculator) and the Cell Soft Cutoff. Based on my research, I set this to 28.86 watt-hours and 3.2 V, respectively. I highly doubt this would have caused the issue but who knows. Oh and I let the Case Analyzer run for the suggested hour. That's about it.

Some time after doing that, my battery charge on the mod started to read incorrectly. All 3 of my batteries are fully charged, or close to it, currently reading 3.68 V each on the Device Monitor. The battery charge indicator on the mod sometimes reads only 10% left and when I tried to reset back to factory default, it jumped to around 50%. I was able to finally get it back to a normal, accurate reading by first opening the manufacturer's EScribe Settings .ecig file and then restoring factory defaults. Restoring the defaults alone didn't do anything.

When I woke up today, I checked my mod and it was showing 10% again! So I plugged it back in to USB and the batteries were indeed again showing almost a full charge. What the hell is going on?! I had to repeat the same steps above to get to read normally.

Have any of you guys ever experienced something similar with this mod or another? What should I do? Can I keep vaping on it? Is it safe?

Apologies for the long-winded explanation. I wanted to try and capture as many details as possible to help in diagnosing this thing. I'm going to buy a voltage meter today to see if those batteries are actually charged or not. FYI, when I put them in my external charger, all 3 show as fully charged so I'm not sure what gives.

Any help or suggestion you can offer would be much appreciated! Thank you!!

P.S. Just noticed it's doing it again now after sitting for 5-10 minutes while I typed this. ARGH!! So frustrating. I'll include a screenshot so you can see what I mean.

Attachments

• IMG_20160605_123859[1].jpg
    IMG_20160605_123859[1].jpg
    992.8 KB · Views: 9

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Watt hour value changes the battery graphic level. If you show the battery percentage, that is the same thing in a digital display. I use Samsung 25r in my Reuleaux DNA200 mods, and that comes out to 27.75Wh I believe. But I have found that 27.0Wh works far better. I would play around with your Wh value. Lower will raise the battery bar. Higher will lower the battery bar.

Perilous3D

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Watt hour value changes the battery graphic level. If you show the battery percentage, that is the same thing in a digital display. I use Samsung 25r in my Reuleaux DNA200 mods, and that comes out to 27.75Wh I believe. But I have found that 27.0Wh works far better. I would play around with your Wh value. Lower will raise the battery bar. Higher will lower the battery bar.

Hmmm, ok good to know, but how would this be useful? Maybe I'm not tracking here but isn't the idea of a digital display for battery level so you can tell when it gets low and needs to be charged? If it's out of wack, how would you know when they are approaching 3.2 V without monitoring is constantly?

Also, wouldn't resetting the defaults fix the battery graphic level? Mine is still showing 10% even though all 3 batteries are nearly full.

I'm using 3 x Sony VTC5 3.7 V 2600mAh 30A by the way, if that helps at all.

Last edited:

BillW50

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the factory resets everything to the defaults. Not to the Reuleaux defaults, but generic DNA200 defaults. That means 9.9Wh, 0.000 mod resistance and generic thermal settings. Those are not going to be really great to use. Here are the Reuleaux DNA200 defaults. Only the cutoff 2.8 is supposed to be 3.2v for the default.

ZSjw3MK.png

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Use the watt hour calculator, input the values and let escribe do it's thing. Change the soft cut off to 3.0V. If you have the option to select LIION batts, do it instead of LiPO. Upload to the mod and use it without fiddling with the manuf. settings after that change. Record how long your vape lasts before it shows low battery, then check the cells voltage in an external charger, They should be between 3.0 and 3.3 volts.

Last edited:

Perilous3D

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Apologies for the delay in responding. I haven't had a chance to check the forums in a little while. Thank you for the replies! I will try the steps suggested and post the results.

VU Sponsors