Become a Patron!

Stingray firing button ...

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi everyone. I wasn't quite sure where to put this, but I'm sure a mod will move it to the right place (and thank you for that). Here's my issue: I have a Stingray mech and the button has gone to hell. Does not work anymore.

Can someone tell me how to clean it up or give me a way to fix this issue? For the time being, I'm using the button from a Nemesis. It actually works better than the Stingray button ever did. I'm going to keep using the Nemesis button even after I get the Stingray button working, but would still like to know how to fix it.

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have two Infinite stingray clones, one brass and one "LE" red copper. The brass one was flawless out of the box and is my go to Mech. Strong firm press, doesn't wobble or fire when standing and is super smooth. The copper one is crap: crunchy, missfires, gets stuck firing, wobbly and doesn't handle it's own weight too well. I have tried all the usual crunchy button fixes that cleaned up bad nemmy switches and is better, but still seems to me to have weaker magnets than the brass one.

I read somewhere of using a dremel and buffing wheel on it's moving parts and is my next project. Might try a magnets upgrade. For now I'm just using a nemmy switch on it also.

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That's cool that you have 2 Stingrays, but sorry about the LE. If you upgrade the Nemesis to magnets, don't get them from SlowTech. They break when you barely touch them. They were so crummy that I never used them.Thanks for the dremel tool tip. And it's neat to know that someone else is using a Nemesis button on the Stingray. I sent a request to SlowTech to find out if I could just buy a Nemesis button. They probably won't go for it, but I'm trying.

There have been many of us bugging ft for separate Neme switches and rings so I think they'll get them soon. Keep your fingers crossed and good luck with your Ray

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey Smooth, Good to hear I'm not the only one who has asked for the switches.I still can't believe how good the Nemesis switch works on the Ray. And I will keep my fingers crossed too. Thanks for the info.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I had initial issues as well with my black copper... I just disassembled and cleaned a ton, got a brass that was flawless and an akuma, all clones, but was a crazy week of mod love impulsiveness. Anyway, I ended up leaving it alone for a week and now it's flawless. All the suggestions are good, try them and good luck. Mine hits like a champ now, you will get it sorted.

Almost forgot, the negative contact on the stingray is a flawed design IMHO. It is a large contact, and concave, which means it contacts the battery around the edge. I've noticed that some batteries of the same model even, will have more insulation on the bottom. If there is too much, it won't fire the battery. Unrelated maybe, but I've noticed it, and carefully trimmed the insulation on 2 batts. Don't know why they didn't use a smaller flat contact. I'm new to mechs and I can even tell that is a poor design.

I just posted a new thread the 88evape is selling the brass Tobeco Stingray for $22 bucks. For that price I couldn't pass it up. Probably going to do a force patina on it

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just posted a new thread the 88evape is selling the brass Tobeco Stingray for $22 bucks. For that price I couldn't pass it up. Probably going to do a force patina on it

Hi Smooth, I went to the 88evape site and could not find the Stingray for 22 dollars. So I guess they were out of them. Shame... that's really a good price.

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Whoops... sorry for the last message. I found it. And I'm definitely going to get one. Thanks for the heads up!

jumper

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just got my Stingray switch to work!!! Although it still has hot spots that I wish I could get rid of. It's mostly around the outside of the switch. I use a two finger style on both sides of the switch and usually it's the top button that heats up the most. Forgive me if I'm missing some earlier content, but any ideas on the issue?

thanks

VU Sponsors