Become a Patron!

STICK V8 COILS

Hey guys, i'm planning to get a SMOK v8 stick, i'm new to vaping and a lot of people say that it's a good beginners mod (stick). So i googled about the stick and people said that the coils burn out pretty fast like 3-5 days and they're done. Is it true? Because i'm planning to get some 0.25 replacement coils. Already got my juice which is vp 70/30. Will it be alright? By the way, sorry for my trash english, english isn't my native language, i hope you understood me.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @hiddey and I hope you enjoy your stay!

My GF just went from Cig-A-Likes to a pen style MOD and she saw the Smok V8 Stick and was like Oh Wow but I told her I did not think a Sub Ohm was how she should start off because I lent her my JAC Vapours Series-E to try and that is how I got her to get a MOD. She went with the Series-S models. No the company is in the UK but less than a week to cross the pond and good prices. Was perfect for what she wants out of her vape with an MTL and a stealthy setup. Just a little personal experience.

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i have the V8 Baby Stick and the V8 stick. I changed the .15 coils out at 9 days to the .25. They hadn't burned out. They were just getting week and the flavor wasn't there. At 3 days last night at work the the .25 in the V8 stick started burning hot so and throwing a nasty throat hit. I had to live with it last night because I didn't have the V8 Baby backup with me. Changed the .25 back to a .15 when I got home this morning. Now all is good. I'll run the .25 in the Baby stick and change it when I need to.

As far as either of those sticks being good starter kits for a beginner I would have to say definitely not. Both are sub-ohm.

The Baby has a 8.5mm narrow drip tip with a 3ml tank. The airflow is a little more restricted but still enough that between the airflow and the heat produced a novice is probably going to have some issues with coughing and such trying to get the airflow adjusted properly. That can cause them to put it down and give up. I watched this happen with my wife.

The V8 on the other hand is basically a portable cloud chaser product. It is packing a Baby Beast 5ml tank setup on top of a 3000mah battery. It has a wide flow drib tip and the airflow can be opened up to produce some pretty impressive clouds. It is a entry level cloud chaser set up or a portable for the person not wanting to pack their box mod with them for a night out.

Both are good rigs. The V8 is the better of the two and right now is my go to device. I would suggest anyone considering buying one of these do a little Googling or YouTubing so you understand what you are buying especially if you are a mouth to lunger or new to vaping. There are a lot friendlier devices to win over a person to vaping than these are. I wouldn't call these beginner starter kits. The Baby V8 is probably more along the intermediate side of things, and the V8 is more advanced intermediate and up leaning cloud chasing.

Last edited:
i have the V8 Baby Stick and the V8 stick. I changed the .15 coils out at 9 days to the .25. They hadn't burned out. They were just getting week and the flavor wasn't there. At 3 days last night at work the the .25 in the V8 stick started burning hot so and throwing a nasty throat hit. I had to live with it last night because I didn't have the V8 Baby backup with me. Changed the .25 back to a .15 when I got home this morning. Now all is good. I'll run the .25 in the Baby stick and change it when I need to.

As far as either of those sticks being good starter kits for a beginner I would have to say definitely not. Both are sub-ohm.

The Baby has a 8.5mm narrow drip tip with a 3ml tank. The airflow is a little more restricted but still enough that between the airflow and the heat produced a novice is probably going to have some issues with coughing and such trying to get the airflow adjusted properly. That can cause them to put it down and give up. I watched this happen with my wife.

The V8 on the other hand is basically a portable cloud chaser product. It is packing a Baby Beast 5ml tank setup on top of a 3000mah battery. It has a wide flow drib tip and the airflow can be opened up to produce some pretty impressive clouds. It is a entry level cloud chaser set up or a portable for the person not wanting to pack their box mod with them for a night out.

Both are good rigs. The V8 is the better of the two and right now is my go to device. I would suggest anyone considering buying one of these do a little Googling or YouTubing so you understand what you are buying especially if you are a mouth to lunger or new to vaping. There are a lot friendlier devices to win over a person to vaping than these are. I wouldn't call these beginner starter kits. The Baby V8 is probably more along the intermediate side of things, and the V8 is more advanced intermediate and up leaning cloud chasing.
thanks for your detailed answer

VU Sponsors