Steamcrave PWM Mod

Discussion in 'Unregulated (Mechanical) Mods' started by CodusSupremus, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Teresa P

Teresa P Professional DIY Enabler Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Upon further scrutiny, it would seem that Steamcrave doesn't send out ship notices (at least not to me), but after digging deeper into their website and finding a tracking number (finally), I'm slated to get mine today as well. We'll see....

2. CodusSupremus

CodusSupremus Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    your order says it has shipped.

Edit..hopefully you get it today..guess we posted at the same time!

Teresa P likes this.
  3. Teresa P

Teresa P Professional DIY Enabler Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I saw that it had shipped, just didn't get any kind of email notice like I usually do, and had no tracking, had to hunt for it. I hope it does come today though, most of us have been suffering over this one since early July.

4. Teresa P

Blog Posts:
  5. Droogbc

Droogbc Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Really looking forward to some more thorough and honest reviews of this guy. Very interested in the details.

6. Teresa P

Blog Posts:
    Well, I've only had a few minutes to assess the "sitchy-ation," but as far as first impressions - it's surprisingly lightweight to have four batteries in it, which is good. IMO, the fire button should be black, not silver, but that's certainly no deal breaker either. There is a definite firing delay on the first hit, but not long enough to irk me, it's much like the one on my double barrel, it's doable. The finish is really nice, I don't see it suffering much wear and tear (that's a speck of dust on the lower end, and I haven't taken the film off the screen yet). I wish the battery door was hinged, but it isn't. All in all, and remember, this is just a first impression, I like it, very well worth the 60-somethin' bucks I paid for it. We'll see how it wears over time.
    (The Boreas was the tank I was using on another mod at the time, so just popped it on here for a try. Soon as I reassemble the freshly cleaned Voltrove, we'll give 'er a test run...I think it'll look reeeaaaaal nice on here ;) )

[​IMG]

7. CodusSupremus

CodusSupremus Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    See , not bad especially considering we don't have many options for anything 30+ mm....

Teresa P likes this.
  8. Teresa P

Blog Posts:
    I'll definitely be digging out a mod guard, you can almost hear the "screech" when screwing on a tank. :confused:

9. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reddit Exile Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    I didn't get one either - but I checked my order on the SC website and it had already shipped the day before.

EDIT: Oops, you figured that out - I didn't realize this thread had gone to 2 pages.

Teresa P likes this.
  10. Teresa P

Blog Posts:
    Three now.

11. CrazyChef v2.0

CrazyChef v2.0 Gold Contributor Member For 1 Year VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reddit Exile Unlisted Vendor

Blog Posts:
    Still on my first cuppa joe. Woke up REAL late today.

inspects and Teresa P like this.
  12. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Donator Gold Contributor VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    I received both of mine today. I will be home this afternoon to play with these bad boys.

13. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Donator Gold Contributor VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    Get a small o ring and slip it around the 510. Works like a champ. I like how these look overall and how there work but the finish on them is not amazing. The silver looks like silver painted plastic. Its smooth and consistent, but kind of a cheap looking silver color. I found some imperfections in the finish on the black one that kind of bum me out. I may blast these and get the cerakoted to something nicer and more durable. Plan to spend a fair amount of time with these to see what they do.

Droogbc likes this.
  14. Teresa P

Blog Posts:
    Still haven't wicked the Voltrove, but I think this looks pretty sassy... ;) :cloud:

[​IMG]

15. CrazyChef v2.0

Blog Posts:
    WTF izzat??? I like it!

inspects, jwill and Teresa P like this.
  16. Teresa P

Blog Posts:
    It's an expansion kit for the Freemax Fire Luke from Inked Atty (awesome vendor, btw), holds 13ml, glass is black until it warms, then turns green. I really like it, holds enough juice to get me through my two tiny breaks at work without carrying a bottle in my pocket. ;)

inspects, jwill and CrazyChef v2.0 like this.
  17. jwill

Blog Posts:
    I am still on one set of LG HE4's on a .23 build with a quarter tank left. Been running since Friday afternoon. Overall I am very pleased with these.

18. Gina3FVAPE

Gina3FVAPE VU Vendor VU Vendor Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Sorry, we can't help you specifically based on the information you provided. You can contact our support team for help and support. Or leave a message here to tell us the specifics of your order.

19. CrazyChef v2.0

Blog Posts:
  20. Teresa P

Blog Posts:
  21. CrazyChef v2.0

Blog Posts:
    Wonky build in the Titan RTA for the PWM, but damn it sure puts out!

[​IMG]

Teresa P likes this.