Become a Patron!

Starting to look seriously into a Sqounker. Kanger Dripbox 160 Starter Kit in particular

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
First of all let me start by saying Damn You KingPin!

Just kidding my Vaping Brother:D

http://vapingunderground.com/threads/newbie-squonker-hopefully.300599/

For reminding me that other than DIY, just about the only other thing in the wide world of vaping I have never tried is a Sqounker.

I have used RDA's in the past with good results, but I just don't have the patience to be constantly fiddling with them. Hence the Squonker where I can refill the RDA with a simple "Squeeze"

But he did call my attention to this device...

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangertech-Dripbox-160-Starter-Kit-p/krdb40.htm

Specifications look good, price is very reasonable and I am sorely tempted just to go for it.

Now I did look at all the goodies that come with it, including a spare bottle.

But I am the self proclaimed King of Spare Parts!

I have Spare Parts for my Spare Parts.

Can I get spare bottles for this?

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated!

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
First of all let me start by saying Damn You KingPin!

Just kidding my Vaping Brother:D

For reminding me that other than DIY, just about the only other thing in the wide world of vaping I have never tried is a Sqounker.

I have used RDA's in the past with good results, but I just don't have the patience to be constantly fiddling with them. Hence the Squonker where I can refill the RDA with a simple "Squeeze"

But he did call my attention to this device...

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Kangertech-Dripbox-160-Starter-Kit-p/krdb40.htm

Specifications look good, price is very reasonable and I am sorely tempted just to go for it.

Now I did look at all the goodies that come with it, including a spare bottle.

But I am the self proclaimed King of Spare Parts!

I have Spare Parts for my Spare Parts.

Can I get spare bottles for this?

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated!
Fatdaddyvapes sell spare bottles, as do many others like kangertech. Just need to google it.:)

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not that fit the Drip Box.
Thanks for the correction PuffOn, Fatdaddyvapes sells just one kind of spake bottles, I thought in general extra Squonker bottles. There are seller's on eBay that sell spare bottles for Dropbox

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Fatdaddyvapes sell spare bottles, as do many others like kangertech. Just need to google it.:)

Sigh...........................Sometimes I amaze myself with both my stupidity and my laziness this time of night:gaah:

That being said, any and all additional comments and advice concerning this device is MORE THAN WELCOME!

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sigh...........................Sometimes I amaze myself with both my stupidity and my laziness this time of night:gaah:

That being said, any and all additional comments and advice concerning this device is MORE THAN WELCOME!
Seller on eBay zimbottles has 5+2 free bottles for $7.00

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Again, thank all of the proud members of the VU Peanut Gallery for helping me out!

Truly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, any additional comments on the device in question will also be greatly appreciated!

Before after my morning coffee I pull the trigger and have to try to tell the Mrs. that "I have had this forever and it is not my fault that you can;t remember me using it last year:gaah:

Sadly, I already know that will not work:(

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It's a good start for a BF atty.
You'll likely get sucked into the "Best" BF atty rabbit hole.(not a bad thing tho)
I have 54 BF attys and 12 BF mods and counting.....:cheers:

A very sincere thanks for your response!

Also been sucked into a few rabbit holes in the past.

Perhaps time for a new one?

dreadymark

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've recently been loving my Therion squonker with an Aromizer vrda. No leaks from the dropper either ;)
If you are already experienced with rda's, I don't see any reason you would need a starter kit. Like mentioned before, you might not be that impressed with the dripbox's included rda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Hehe uncle glad you liked my post lol

from my research it's the only regulated squonker that goes up that high I could be wrong though

In terms of the atty as others have said it's supposed to bloody awful hence why I asked and looked into others narrowing it down to that list of RDA's I had in my post

Have read it does the job as a mod ok for instance one review below (I know damn ECF if you must and all that) if you're into temp control not so good apparently but it's the dual batteries that got my attention being lazy myself I hate carrying around loads of stuff with me, but is pretty cheap if your dipping your toes in the water like I plan to

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/kanger-dripbox-160-tc.740989/page-7

mysticman

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Again, thank all of the proud members of the VU Peanut Gallery for helping me out!

Truly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That being said, any additional comments on the device in question will also be greatly appreciated!

Before after my morning coffee I pull the trigger and have to try to tell the Mrs. that "I have had this forever and it is not my fault that you can;t remember me using it last year:gaah:

Sadly, I already know that will not work:(
Been there!

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
View attachment 73836

I'm officially Squeezing my Squonker...my wife thanks you. Easy to set up and use. Thanks for the tips.

1st impression...I like it. Never tried one of these before but you got me interested. Glad I tried it.

Glad you are enjoying it!

Even better since your Mrs. approves!:cheers:

ResIpsa

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just started the squonking think myself using a Kangertech Dripbox. The smaller brother of the 160 you are looking at. It has worked well for the past week and gotten me hooked on the squonking system.

However, the mod has stopped working and I've been looking into Kangertech's customer service. Their customer service doesn't really seem to exist and there appear to be many common issues with the Dripbox and Dripbox 160. So much so that I don't think I would recommend their squonking equipment.

I'm switching over to what I hope to be better quality stuff. I have two mech boxes coming as well as a couple of squonk ready atomizers.

So, in the end, I too recommend the squonk idea but would not recommend Kangertech equipment.

Chris

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I am really intrigued by squonking and think it's about time that I added another addiction to support my love of vaping and shineyitis!

I am looking at the geekvape g100, but am also thinking it might be worth looking into the drone or maybe one of the amazing custom wood boxes Ive seen in the other squonk threads Ive seen.

I have to admit I have no idea of what to choose from all the options these custom wood mods offer, any help appreciated. If like to spend under 200.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I am really intrigued by squonking and think it's about time that I added another addiction to support my love of vaping and shineyitis!

I am looking at the geekvape g100, but am also thinking it might be worth looking into the drone or maybe one of the amazing custom wood boxes Ive seen in the other squonk threads Ive seen.

I have to admit I have no idea of what to choose from all the options these custom wood mods offer, any help appreciated. If like to spend under 200.

Wanna check in with @SirRichardRear for an update on the geekvape mod he's purchased it recently was gonna do a review I think

Lost Vapes is releasing the Drone BF mod shortly keep an eye on that as well ;) latest DNA chip on that one and it's a dual battery squonker -got mine on a pre order at the moment

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Wanna check in with @SirRichardRear for an update on the geekvape mod he's purchased it recently was gonna do a review I think

Lost Vapes is releasing the Drone BF mod shortly keep an eye on that as well ;) latest DNA chip on that one and it's a dual battery squonker -got mine on a pre order at the moment
looks like it's out of stock many places. the sqounk mechanism is great quality and works great. mod is comfortable to hold. TC works well but ramps up slow, and chip is just ok. Still it'd personally take it over a kanger product.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

I'm in the same boat really. Just started trying out sqounking. i got a frakenskull clone, a movkin disguiser with sqounk adapter, and a gbox s100. working on my s100 review still

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm in the same boat really. Just started trying out sqounking. i got a frakenskull clone, a movkin disguiser with sqounk adapter, and a gbox s100. working on my s100 review still
If probably just use power mode. Although I love the tc concept I just haven't been able to get a satisfying vape. It always seems too cool for my taste no matter how high I crank the temp. Even in the wrecker g2. Maybe I need to give it another shot, but I really just like the simplicity of wattage mode. Also been enjoying getting into vv mods like my tesla invader 3. Was looking at getting a hexohm.

Any interest in trading the gbox for a perfect condition silver g2?

kiba

Member For 4 Years
7bc282066106ecca0ec035b24f20171e.jpg

Dope.
Idk about the squonk assembly being angled though. I'll wait to hear from the early adopters how easy it is to clean before I get one.

This one though has been outstanding daily squonk beater for me
d884494fc7bb1b512cde26fd2f676a43.jpg

Last edited:

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
If probably just use power mode. Although I love the tc concept I just haven't been able to get a satisfying vape. It always seems too cool for my taste no matter how high I crank the temp. Even in the wrecker g2. Maybe I need to give it another shot, but I really just like the simplicity of wattage mode. Also been enjoying getting into vv mods like my tesla invader 3. Was looking at getting a hexohm.

Any interest in trading the gbox for a perfect condition silver g2?
Not really. I have 3 G2s and 3 Slices but only 1 gbox ;)
I like the invader 3, but i like my hexohm 3.0 clone and dovpo M VV better
I got the hexohm clone review in progess and i need to work on the dovpo one as well
TC is great if configured right

BPROSEK

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not really. I have 3 G2s and 3 Slices but only 1 gbox ;)
I like the invader 3, but i like my hexohm 3.0 clone and dovpo M VV better
I got the hexohm clone review in progess and i need to work on the dovpo one as well
TC is great if configured right
Which clone is it and where to get? I'll also look at getting the dovpo, where did you pick yours up?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer

VU Sponsors