Become a Patron!

SS Mesh question

Hello evry1,

I have been having wicking difficulties, using a Kanger Gentitank on my KBox Mini (SUBOX), the re-coiled heads just wont keep up. The wicks are not too tight, and I have tried opening up the juice holes on the sides of the heads,

I decided to try to use some SS Mesh, rolled pretty tight and wrapped inside cotton to prevent shorting, as a wick. I forgot to torch the SS Mesh before I made it part of the wick. I am getting a little bit of an off taste.

Will that taste disappear ? or should I just make a new coil with mesh that has been torched ?

BTW, the juice wicking is solved, have not had a burnt or dry hit, just that off-taste.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It should eventually disappear.

How long can you put up with the bad taste is the real question?

It should eventually disappear.

How long can you put up with the bad taste is the real question?

Yeah, that was a good one. : ) The flavor is not bad, just that the juice does not taste exactly the way it should. It is not a machine oil flavor, or anything like that. If the extra flavour would disappear after just a couple of hours, then I would just vape through it, but if it is there to stay, I am ready to chuck it !!

I guess I will just wrap and wick a new coil. Thanks for the help though.

EDIT: Problems solved, flavor and wicking , just rewicked the coil I wrapped. Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors