Become a Patron!

SRS Mods

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I am starting this thread to see if there is any interest in the bottom feeding mods I will have for sale occasionally. In my spare time, I love to design and build vaporizers, and I have so many for myself now that I may as well sell some of them. Why not? Anyways, at this time, I am only building mechanical bottom feeders. I have four of them available now.

[email protected] I can be found on Facebook as well. Search for SRS Mods.

Last edited:

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
For these little guys, I wish to fetch $300.00 each, BUT if you have a VU Contributor badge, I will subtract $20.00 from the cost. If you also have an ECF Refugee badge, I will subtract an additional $20.00 from the cost. I absolutely HATE the ECF forum and I will not go there- I encourage you to do the same and abandon that place. So I am giving discounts to contribute to my favorite forum AND to leave the cesspool which is ECF. :)

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jim, how is the battery accessed?.....are there screws used or magnets?

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
The 7075 aluminum case is held together with neodymium magnets. The 510 connection is adjustable manually, as it is a modified FDV 510. Both the positive and negative battery contacts are silver, with a beryllium copper contact strip. The button is stainless steel, with a PEEK insert. I have included a "Squishy Italian" soft juice bottle like the ones they sell at the Reo site. I use knurled thumbnuts to hold the contact strip in place, so no tools are needed for disassembly/cleaning/maintenance.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 7075 aluminum case is held together with neodymium magnets. The 510 connection is adjustable manually, as it is a modified FDV 510. Both the positive and negative battery contacts are silver, with a beryllium copper contact strip. The button is stainless steel, with a PEEK insert. I have included a "Squishy Italian" soft juice bottle like the ones they sell at the Reo site. I use knurled thumbnuts to hold the contact strip in place, so no tools are needed for disassembly/cleaning/maintenance.
Sounds like a winner, Jim....!

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Oh, I forgot- the dimensions of the case on this mod are 3.000" high, .900" thick & 1.750" wide.

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Thanks for the kind words. I am reluctant to show the "guts" of how I made it so small. It is different than anything else out there that I am aware of and it works great, with very little voltage drop. I have been vaping out of these for like 6 months- I got five of them and treat them pretty roughly. All they need is a bit of routine maintenance and I would expect them to last forever. It's a very simple device. Here are my five "pre-production" ones I use- all are kind of beat up and are made of a different alloy {and are lacking a stellar seam} but function fantastic. I wanted to give them a long term test to be damn sure that nothing "weird" cropped up in time. Nope. Nothing happened. They still kick ass. I have sold two of them to close personal friends and they absolutely love them.
WP_20161016_23_09_57_Pro.jpg

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jim, when you get your milling machine operating, I'll take one.

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Jim, when you get your milling machine operating, I'll take one.
There are four ready for sale already. :) -The new mill just makes making mods easier & quicker {much less setup time}

One of the things I like to do is to obtain the 22mm atty you plan to use, or at least the atty base. I want to make 100% sure that it functions exactly as intended, and the deck is clocked correctly when tightened down. If you have an atty that needs to be BF'd, I can do that too, as it is a very simple procedure on the lathe.

Also, what are your go-to batteries? Mechs like these are sensitive to battery length and I wish to fine-tune the switch to your particular brand. If you intend to use Samsung 25R's like I do, I can use one of my batts to do this.

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think you're on to something good, DIYjim.

BTW, what do you mean by "lacking a stellar seam"?

& what alloy are you using?

Last edited:

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
I think you're on to something good, DIYjim.

BTW, what do you mean by "lacking a stellar seam"?

& what alloy are you using?
The first 5 that I made {that I use daily} simply did not come out as nice where the two pieces mate together. But I learned something important and the seam is now virtually flawless; it practically disappears. My latest batch are made from 7075 aluminum.

In process of purchasing from Jim. Has been prompt and helpful via email.. can tell his attention to detail. will post pics when received. will be my first bf. can't wait!

DIYjim

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
Been busy as can be setting up the new mill & re-arranging the shop. Looking pretty good. I got the mini mill trammed to within .001" of being perfectly square, so everything I do will be consistent and repeatable. Next will be fitting the 3 axis digital readout scales & display. Keep in mind that I have a "real" job on top of all of this, so it never seems I have enough spare time, LOL. It WILL get done, I assure you. :)
WP_20161030_17_51_59_Pro.jpgWP_20161103_22_38_35_Pro.jpg WP_20161103_22_38_35_Pro.jpg

VU Sponsors