Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If it is going to contact eliquid let it cure for several days or longer.
As long as you can smell it, it is giving off stuff.

Yes, I will let it sit for a few days. JB Weld says 1 hour cure time, I'll give it a few days. Not in any hurry, haven't been using it anyway.

Q. Is J-B Weld toxic?
A. No. When fully cured, J-B Weld is non-toxic. However, we do not recommend consuming the product.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah - I'm replying to my own post, lol.
a) took ring off - looks much neater
b) rebuilt - MUCH better - now it's good flavor, and kinda "sizzlin" with plenty-o-vapor. And JUST enough air (wide open)...

Build now - dropped diameter to 2.5, so I could get in 5 wraps without going too low resistance for the airflow.
It's 26 g SS, spaced simple wire for 0.33 ohms. Quite nice - instant response on a 1-battery mosfet mod...

Got a Recurve.
It's OK...
Not as much air as I like, so I built it a little higher, and it's smoooooooth, but not spectacular on flavor.
Probably warrants another build, but I think it's gonna be backup... Looks good though!!

View attachment 112000

Last edited:

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can a 21700 be used in a 20700 mod? I bought a minimal mech that takes 20700 batteries and am trying to find the best batteries for it. I vape .24-.28Ω mostly. I've been looking at some of moochs lists but thought I'd also ask here. Vapecell gold/black seems to be the best 20700 that is currently sold (that I can find).

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Can a 21700 be used in a 20700 mod? I bought a minimal mech that takes 20700 batteries and am trying to find the best batteries for it. I vape .24-.28Ω mostly. I've been looking at some of moochs lists but thought I'd also ask here. Vapecell gold/black seems to be the best 20700 that is currently sold (that I can find).

That depends on the mod. If the 20700 is snug then the 21700 won’t fit. It’s slightly larger in diameter and length.

Carpe Nidor

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, I will let it sit for a few days. JB Weld says 1 hour cure time, I'll give it a few days. Not in any hurry, haven't been using it anyway.

Q. Is J-B Weld toxic?
A. No. When fully cured, J-B Weld is non-toxic. However, we do not recommend consuming the product.

Yes bad taste I suspect if nothing else :)

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Diameter yes. They're both 70mm in length though, unless I'm missing something.
20700 - 20.4mm x 70.1mm
21700 - 21.6mm x 70.5mm
EDIT: Search results seem to vary a bit.
I just measured a 30T and got 21 x 70.3

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So the Venna invoices for the US went out last night... Paid mine...

Loren is head of US distributing and I PM'd him before my Bday... and asked both him and Steven Hasani on the possibility of obtaining certain serial numbers...

I asked if it was possible to get #5 or #19 or #73 and even #519... since I was born 5/19/73...

Loren posted his picture on FB with his mod with the Venna, and I responded 519!

and the man himself responded this...

upload_2018-5-31_9-17-26.png

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also have a bunch of these I use for atties "in rotation" -

upload_2018-5-31_21-50-38.png
but also got a weirdbox.jpg clear plastic box with dividers that's storing all the other bits and peices (caps, etc) too - so I no longer need the stands...

I like that 'stand' front/left.. I get so damned tired of standing them or laying them in plastic containers or the counter-edge.

Brotherblues

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
20700 - 20.4mm x 70.1mm
21700 - 21.6mm x 70.5mm
EDIT: Search results seem to vary a bit.
I just measured a 30T and got 21 x 70.3

Yeah seems to depend on brand too. I have
I like that 'stand' front/left.. I get so damned tired of standing them or laying them in plastic containers or the counter-edge.

If you're desperate you can always get a piece of wood and drill tiny holes 25mm apart.

Zhurrie

Member For 1 Year
Le Supersonic fans, how do you handle the screw posts? I did a half loop around the screw post on each side before tightening them down and clipping the leads.It seems fine just running the plain wire lead straight under the post and tightening it too, but it just seems too flimsy of a connection. The machining is butter smooth and everything else about it is amazing, but I can't help but think how two small kidney-shaped clamps under those screw posts would make it one of the best attys ever.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not me. I thought they were the greatest, and wanted the best...
Like RDA's, some of them were expensive - the VapourArt SnP in there was like $120.
I'm hoping there's some people using rebuildable "cartos" - like the Sofia - who always wished they had some of these top-notch tanks for them.
You'll be pleased to know way back in the day (Todd) did a review on a carto.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Second Basic 1.1 came in yesterday and I put my favorite DIY sour strawmelon in it. Flavor is AMAZING. I've had some great single coil flavor RDAs before but this juice has Never tasted so good in the last three years I've been vaping it.

Get one. Seriously. Get one.
65362bb21e33f193b9f02f0c51084a06.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Furyan? I may just get one of those instead of building that Cloud Laboratory. Might be selling my RSQ soon too.

Oops yeah forgot to mention the mod... Indeed the Furyan.

Get it in that color way... Silver plate the contacts... would be a rocking mod I think.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Check out Todd's latest review. I forget the name of the atty but it might as well be called the Flummoxed RDA.
And he likes it.
Seems to be a decent MTL to restricted LH squonk atty.

Last edited:

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Bonkers, finally got a few days off. That was the longest maintenance outage we've had at the mill in the 28 years I've been working there. 33 days in a row,12-14 hour shifts takes a toll on the body. The overtime pay is nice tho.

Now I'm looking for one of those stainless Furyan I saw a posted a few post back. Where might one go to order one of those? Picked up an Anita a week or so ago . And not real impressed. Works ok, just feels liked one of those cheap plastic toys from the dollar store... Lol
Anyway, hope all are doing well. Gotta go catch up on yard work now. Cya later Bonkers

Wicked out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey Bonkers, finally got a few days off. That was the longest maintenance outage we've had at the mill in the 28 years I've been working there. 33 days in a row,12-14 hour shifts takes a toll on the body. The overtime pay is nice tho.

Now I'm looking for one of those stainless Furyan I saw a posted a few post back. Where might one go to order one of those? Picked up an Anita a week or so ago . And not real impressed. Works ok, just feels liked one of those cheap plastic toys from the dollar store... Lol
Anyway, hope all are doing well. Gotta go catch up on yard work now. Cya later Bonkers

Wicked out!

I have seen mention that later in June the black/stainless one should be out.

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Wicked out!

They aren't available yet,but are suppose to be coming out in a month or two.

Brotherblues

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Second Basic 1.1 came in yesterday and I put my favorite DIY sour strawmelon in it. Flavor is AMAZING. I've had some great single coil flavor RDAs before but this juice has Never tasted so good in the last three years I've been vaping it.

Get one. Seriously. Get one.

Any ideas on where to get one would be highly appreciated!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any ideas on where to get one would be highly appreciated!
Either the 5a's or Squonk Merica Group Buys Facebook groups.

I'll post here when I see a list go up. They're about $85ish dollars from SMGB and a little more from 5a's because they're shipping from the Phillipines.

Brotherblues

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Either the 5a's or Squonk Merica Group Buys Facebook groups.

I'll post here when I see a list go up. They're about $85ish dollars from SMGB and a little more from 5a's because they're shipping from the Phillipines.

Facebook groups only? So you gotta beg...

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Facebook groups only? So you gotta beg...
No begging. A Google doc went up on Squonk Merica and I got a notification. They had 50 to sell and the doc was up for almost 24 hours. I filled it out very calmly, paid via PayPal a few days later, and in a few weeks I had a new Basic 1.1.

I didn't have to X1 or make a randomizer list. I know the letters F and B are triggers for some here. Everyone just calm your tits lol.

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
No begging. A Google doc went up on Squonk Merica and I got a notification. They had 50 to sell and the doc was up for almost 24 hours. I filled it out very calmly, paid via PayPal a few days later, and in a few weeks I had a new Basic 1.1.

I didn't have to X1 or make a randomizer list. I know the letters F and B are triggers for some here. Everyone just calm your tits lol.

Not a trigger for me.

FB exists to data-mine and monetize your personal interactions as their primary business model, and as such I refuse to feed the machine, which the 'service' they offer is the bait that enchants everyone to surrender their privacy.

Look up 'Cambridge Analytica Scandal' for just one of hundreds of examples.

Google is the same.

If the service is free, then YOU as the user of said service are the PRODUCT being sold, and likely to parties unknown, which you consented to by clicking the box on the 'I Agree' document when you created your account, and likely you never read the legalese of the "Terms Of Service" and "Privacy Policy".

Folks that say 'I have nothing to hide' do not understand what Privacy is and how they are being abused. It is a weak Straw Man argument,

But, it is not for me to tell others how to conduct themselves, other than humbly request, please do not be Evil.

Last edited:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a trigger for me.

FB exists to data-mine and monetize your personal interactions as their primary business model, and as such I refuse to feed the machine, which the 'service' they offer is the bait that enchants everyone to surrender their privacy.

Look up 'Cambridge Analytica Scandal' for just one of hundreds of examples.

Google is the same.

If the service is free, then YOU as the user of said service are the PRODUCT being sold, and likely to parties unknown, which you consented to by clicking the box on the 'I Agree' document when you created your account, and likely you never read the legalese of the "Terms Of Service" and "Privacy Policy".

Folks that say 'I have nothing to hide' do not understand what Privacy is and how they are being abused. It is a weak Straw Man argument,

But, it is not for me to tell others how to conduct themselves, other than humbly request, please do not be Evil.
No worries. More vape goodies for me!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Excuse the tact incoming...or lack of ;)

Good Don Thoughts

I use FB... I post about FB... I also veer off topic of this thread from time to time...and if my contributions albeit FB or other knowledge based relevance is insulting or bothers you...please go ahead and place me on ignore... I wont change who I am to appease you... I will respect your choice(s), just know its a two way street, respect me even if you disagree with my way of chatting or presenting newly designed or unobtainable stuff that is FB only.

BUT before you do hit ignore, know I don't post to look cool, or want to feel like I fit in... I post to stir conversation about upcoming gear, to show things I think may interest you or something that may lead me to find more like minded people to mingle with and have a rapport with... ya know the basis of what a forum is about.

Again I enjoy the banter of most if not everyone in here. We don't have to agree, but we all can be cordial.

Evil Don Thoughts

Or you can eat a dick on all days that end in Y... fuck if I care truly LOL

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Excuse the tact incoming...or lack of ;)

Good Don Thoughts

I use FB... I post about FB... I also veer off topic of this thread from time to time...and if my contributions albeit FB or other knowledge based relevance is insulting or bothers you...please go ahead and place me on ignore... I wont change who I am to appease you... I will respect your choice(s), just know its a two way street, respect me even if you disagree with my way of chatting or presenting newly designed or unobtainable stuff that is FB only.

BUT before you do hit ignore, know I don't post to look cool, or want to feel like I fit in... I post to stir conversation about upcoming gear, to show things I think may interest you or something that may lead me to find more like minded people to mingle with and have a rapport with... ya know the basis of what a forum is about.

Again I enjoy the banter of most if not everyone in here. We don't have to agree, but we all can be cordial.

Evil Don Thoughts

Or you can eat a dick on all days that end in Y... fuck if I care truly LOL
Hey brother, please do not misunderstand me, I do not condescend nor think ill of anyone who uses FB.

I do not judge others, for I cannot walk in their shoes and live there life. Everything in life is down to the choices we make.

If anything I had said about FB previously has given this impression or inferred that I am hostile towards folks that use FB, that was not my intent, and if I have offended you, or anyone else, please accept my most sincere apology.

My comments come from my 35+ yrs of experience in working in IT and most currently in data-warehouse design as well as programming for specific interaction with the internet.

Our latest project (not released yet, still in stealth mode) is a front-end interface in the browser and supported by a globally mirrored infrastructure, that is provided as software to help folks control their privacy online while browsing and using mobile apps, so I have quite a bit of experience knowing what is going on behind the scenes here with FB and other sites.

Having said that, I do not consider anyone who is an end-user of FB to be evil, but rather the Zuckerberg & Co. organization to be evil via their actions and obfuscation of their intentions as presented to the average person who maybe is not savvy about privacy.

I'll not mention this again, but a product of my work has given me a unique perspective about privacy and how easily it can be abused if one is not vigilant about protecting it.

That is all I am talking about here, nothing more and (hopefully) without preaching, and without evangelizing what other people should do, or not do.

To each their own, and it's all good to me. :)

VU Sponsors