Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
About 1 week with the Feedlink... Still on the original coil, and still getting good flavor and vapor. I've probably run 60 ml through it. It's starting to look a little brown. Really a shame they can't be dry-burned and reduced. It's all good, though... I have another couple coils, and a Yup RDA on standby.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well then... Floris posted something that I think is pretty good looking...

upload_2018-5-9_16-5-17.png
upload_2018-5-9_16-5-34.png

Can picture this with a nice medium stain and stab doors

Speaking of Brown...this hot number from L'atelier I saw today...

upload_2018-5-9_16-7-42.png

Owner posted it, and my comment mentioned to add an ultem bottle lol, well there was a complement, but yeah...finish it with an ultem bottle/dt ;)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 110660
View attachment 110661

View attachment 110662

Owner posted it, and my comment mentioned to add an ultem bottle lol, well there was a complement, but yeah...finish it with an ultem bottle/dt ;)
The top one looks like olive wood! Me like lots....and it's a DNA 75C box too. Too bad the squonk hole is in the wrong place:cuss2:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mail call..67 Mods NEO with authentic Hadaly/ Munoz polished clear bell cap...I'll get more pics when I get everything cleaned up and ready to go.
View attachment 110663

That is a nice pairing! You're going to dig the Neo, be careful though, if its like mine she hits pretty good, even with the Silver Plated Contacts from Gooberbutternuts it hit 3.83v+

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got an itty bitty sqounk atty in the mail today from a nice person.
Tiny thing. Makes a Nuppin look huge by comparison.
but surprisingly roomy inside.

Prolly will not get it built tonight. Am whupped old Phart.
Pulled out loaded and hauled fire debris all day...

Arthur-VU

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
About 1 week with the Feedlink... Still on the original coil, and still getting good flavor and vapor. I've probably run 60 ml through it. It's starting to look a little brown. Really a shame they can't be dry-burned and reduced. It's all good, though... I have another couple coils, and a Yup RDA on standby.

Can you clear the brownish from it if you rinse the coil under warm water in the faucet with a gentle flow?

If that does not clear the brown, you could always try to soak it in your favorite clear ethanol for a few hours or overnight and then give it a good rinse...

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Allow me to connect the dots...
A shame that 510 thread length was never standardized.
Some will claim it is indeed "standardized", but they got looser standards than a lawyer, judge or politician.
Without an @username nor a quoted post, there is no context for your reply..

Yes, I am slow, some even say mildly retarded, so please bear with me as I try to catch up to the speed of everyone else who 'just knows'...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 110660
View attachment 110661

View attachment 110662

I like a lot of the wood mods from them.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey bonkos! Is there a service able to retrieve deleted messages in Android that doesn't cost an arm, a leg and first born?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey bonkos! Is there a service able to retrieve deleted messages in Android that doesn't cost an arm, a leg and first born?

If you have cloud enabled or whatever mobile service proprietary cloud service enabled; depending on said cloud storage size...should be able to recover them there.

I've never had to recover old texts so this may not be accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
If you have cloud enabled or whatever mobile service proprietary cloud service enabled; depending on said cloud storage size...should be able to recover them there.

I've never had to recover old texts so this may not be accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
To add to this if you deleted the texts recently you might be able to use the back up in your phones memory depending on how often you have it set to download back ups. A lot of newer phones do it daily unless you change the settings yourself, but if your running an older phone it's probably weekly?
Then again doing it that way would loose all your stuff in between the last back up and now.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wake up Bonkers! I had to go to page 4 to find this thread. :confused:

What's the best way to secure a positive contact in a mod? Tape or a screw? I'm afraid to try a screw because I don't want to mess anything up.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

What's the best way to secure a positive contact in a mod? Tape or a screw? I'm afraid to try a screw because I don't want to mess anything up.
What mods this for? Orca? Is the metal to soft? Most of the time using a scew or 2 is the best way. If you go look at Derrick (i borrowed your pic ) Orca He Did It fairly well think he's got another scew on the bottom but that'd be up to you.
c3f8ba0da886fe88a405c739d71ac1ca.jpg

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What mods this for? Orca? Is the metal to soft? Most of the time using a scew or 2 is the best way. If you go look at Derrick (i borrowed your pic ) Orca He Did It fairly well think he's got another scew on the bottom but that'd be up to you.

If i go that route, I'd probably just put one on the bottom. I just dont want to mess up the mod. that would suck!

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used double sided Gorilla tape on the bottom of the one I built and it works great. Kind of a PITA for cleaning but since you're only really cleaning the contact surfaces it's not so bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ABM 75C DIY sqounker mod , build by Geekyvapes,
125 usd , or just buy the Marvec priest BF, which fits 21700s, + has back sqounker, and is 25usd cheaper with now building required,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Only the one screw on the button face... in hindsight I should of waited and used a 2.5mm flush screw I researched than that 5mm one.

If I built another I'd for sure use a 2.5mm screw similar in size to the Molly's screws... and buy the Black Body and enlarge the 8mm button to a 12mm...

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used double sided Gorilla tape on the bottom of the one I built and it works great. Kind of a PITA for cleaning but since you're only really cleaning the contact surfaces it's not so bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Might try that. At Lowe's now picking up other mod stuffs. Lol

Adonis

Member For 1 Year

I went tape with mine. Let it dry for a day and it seems sturdy enough. It has only been in 2 weeks though!

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

No screw on the bottom..just on side

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ABM 75C DIY sqounker mod , build by Geekyvapes,
125 usd , or just buy the Marvec priest BF, which fits 21700s, + has back sqounker, and is 25usd cheaper with now building required,

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable building something with a chip.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
New bf O genny

I am still in the "but why" camp over RDTAs for squonkers. On one hand I think I understand, on the other well, ... "but why?"

Although, looking at thinking about an O Genny on a squonk, that seems nearly kinky. ;) Might get me out of the "but why" camp.

"Oh lookie, a shiny squirrel ... must chase ... "

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am still in the "but why" camp over RDTAs for squonkers. On one hand I think I understand, on the other well, ... "but why?"

Although, looking at thinking about an O Genny on a squonk, that seems nearly kinky. ;) Might get me out of the "but why" camp.

"Oh lookie, a shiny squirrel ... must chase ... "
I was the same way, but since working with the Revvo Boost on the Feedlink, I've changed my mind. I've yet to have a dry hit, and it vapes a treat... I haven't converted my Cthulhu Gaia over yet, but I think it's coming soon...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally got my squeeze today,and i gotta say,i like it.With all the other mods i have that cost a lot more,i wasn't expecting much from this,but i was surprised.Now i may buy another one.
dH4rqM0.jpg

They are unique mods for sure, they 'neak up on you and you start liking them even if you do think "nah, this tiny thing ain't no 'count". My CV's are feeling huge after using the Pico for little while. I too will probably be buying more Picos. Can almost live with the idea of a short protection, explosion guard chip in something. It goes bad, thinking I can easily look up which mosfet it is and take the toasted one out and soldier in a new one. At least that's sounding logical to me, and yeah I can soldier a little. The idea of a college degree for a whole circuit board? Nah, not for me but soldier in a fuse, sure. :)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
They are unique mods for sure, they 'neak up on you and you start liking them even if you do think "nah, this tiny thing ain't no 'count". My CV's are feeling huge after using the Pico for little while. I too will probably be buying more Picos. Can almost live with the idea of a short protection, explosion guard chip in something. It goes bad, thinking I can easily look up which mosfet it is and take the toasted one out and soldier in a new one. At least that's sounding logical to me, and yeah I can soldier a little. The idea of a college degree for a whole circuit board? Nah, not for me but soldier in a fuse, sure. :)
A Pico squeeze is half the price of a CV.

VU Sponsors