Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There were complications and I died. But, there's internet access in the afterlife, so all is good...

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

Tell Death you're one of my friends. She hates me due to an uncanny knack make a long life cheating her. Tell her I said she has to let you go, or I'll have to fetch double tribute from her this month. She normally sends two virgin goats, a slump back mule, three chicken and pickled troll ears. One month she forgot the troll ears, I stopped her for two weeks in the Eastern Hemisphere. Two weeks of no one dying there, it back her up for a year.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ahh if there is internet you must have gone to hell...

Hell is not as bad as it is made out to be, at least the olden Norse variation of it. Worse yet is Limbo. I'll digress though as that kind of conversation strays me off into reasons why I'm not Christian, despite respecting Ieus/Jesus as a character model for living a virtuous life.

In other news, ...

:vapemail:Came in today.

Got a new ohm meter and some much needed ceramic tipped forceps/tweezers, didn't realize how much I needed them until they were used. :) Found out too that Steam Engine is fairly accurate on what the coils I was turning out wound up being. My experience, Steam Engine's guidance, and the ohm meter all seemed to collide in very near accuracy. I might have a two coils off by roughly 0.01-0.05 ohms each at most, so not too shabby imho.

Found something neat on the Inter-Webs today as well. There's a site what teaches drawing, painting and over all theory of art for free. Never been one much for that sort of stuff but what the hey? Might at least give me help in further visualization for writing, or possibly even programming. Got to do something even if it is wrong. Least I can say I've lived. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It means women look best in yoga pants especially older yoga pants that have become damn near see-through.

1d2fcd66c7cc53de9f44ab0676a950f6.jpg

Some guys do as well, although that's merely a natural and/or nurtured preference on my part. Same applies to the burlap sacks for guys as @PoppaVic says. Some might got nice wrapping paper, man or woman but are still as ugly as cyclops griffins pitching a fit over their bone stash.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sorry if I went off topic.

I'll refrain next time.

Please forgive me.

No, no forgiveness for anyone at this moment. Ha!, Got ya. Sure you're forgiven. :)

Can you though tell me how one frains? ;) :p

As has been said we are often in gutters looking at stars, ergo the topic seems fluid at best. It still squonks. :)

Excuse me, need to go piddle. I'm getting into a bout of fighting sleep that sure needs to be had.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some guys do as well, although that's merely a natural and/or nurtured preference on my part. Same applies to the burlap sacks for guys as @PoppaVic says. Some might got nice wrapping paper, man or woman but are still as ugly as cyclops griffins pitching a fit over their bone stash.
LOL. I used to work Renaissance Festivals. Had to wear tight tights, and cuffed thigh boots... Won several men-in-tights contests, and I never had to pretend I even knew what yoga was.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hell is not as bad as it is made out to be, at least the olden Norse variation of it. Worse yet is Limbo. I'll digress though as that kind of conversation strays me off into reasons why I'm not Christian, despite respecting Ieus/Jesus as a character model for living a virtuous life.

Yeah... Limbo sucks! I'm not as flexible as I used to be and I keep falling down.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
finally retiring my pulse bf boxes, so sick of the 510's and bottles making a ridiculous mess. 2 x rsq and 1 athena left in the rotation until I find some more silver rsq in stock somewhere.
I'm doing the same with my Stentorian Ram's. Not that they leak, but a 3 ft fall shattered them both.
One of them on indoor/outdoor carpet. Broke into 3 pieces. Have them both glued together for now until I find some sturdy replacements.
Biggest pieces of shit I have ever owned. Should have listened to Bogan!

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I was excited about making my own mod, rather than buying a piece of junk. Costed me quite a bit though lol
Yup, I am in the same boat. I got copper contacts. I also bought epoxy resin, and now researching and practicing. Woodworking. Which might I add us rather tough on such a small scale.

Not only that, epoxy resin is expensive as fuck.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That is easy! You just won a giveaway;)
I can't even remember how many mods i've "won" haha.A small vendor i used to buy from a lot was in on that with me,we talked quite a bit so he knew the deal,he would not put the invoice in the box,and would always add a note with something along the lines of "Congrats,you were selected as this weeks winner in" haha.

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not only that, epoxy resin is expensive as fuck.
I agree.I've been doing some woodworking stuff for a while,and picked up a stabilizing setup.The stabilizing resin is about $100 a gallon which i thought was crazy,then i decided i wanted to get some epoxy resin too,so i could do some different projects,then seen it was about $100 a gallon too,so i didn't get it,i couldn't justify $200 worth of resin at once haha.

Khanninnarh

Member For 3 Years
I am undecided, and drunk, at the moment but I will let you know if I decide to get rid of one or both of them. I hope the Pulse 80w anti-leak 510 actually is anti-leak, if I buy one.

edit: I won't be buying one unless they fix their TC mode with the firmware.

It is on my list but I am awaiting reviews as I prefer to vape in TC mode on regulated mods.

Damn right. They have to get the TC to a point where it works better than that review by DJLSB (if I got the reviewer right) if they want to get me to spend my cash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Damn right. They have to get the TC to a point where it works better than that review by DJLSB (if I got the reviewer right) if they want to get me to spend my cash.

I did see in one of Tony's recent video's that they already have a new firmware update to change some of the menu functions but he didn't mention anything about the TC getting a firmware update. It has always struck me as odd that so many 'reviewers' won't even give TC a little test since they don't vape that way normally, but for someone that 'designed' a mod to not even give it a basic test and compare it to something like a DNA when their mod has a brand new chip baffles me. Reviewers should review all the features of a mod, not just the mode they use regularly.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I agree.I've been doing some woodworking stuff for a while,and picked up a stabilizing setup.The stabilizing resin is about $100 a gallon which i thought was crazy,then i decided i wanted to get some epoxy resin too,so i could do some different projects,then seen it was about $100 a gallon too,so i didn't get it,i couldn't justify $200 worth of resin at once haha.
You can get a pretty good alumilite resin on Amazon for like $90 a gallon. Witch comes with a gallon of each part A and B so it's actully 2 gallons. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004Y46G10/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_x4h5AbJ50YPJH
And reg epoxy resin for about $70 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NLPCA5Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_z5h5AbN1S8CAY you could probably get this one cheaper if you looked hard enough is my guess.

Still trying to get my wife to get this for me from her work. She's a composite tech and works with carbon fiber and fiberglass so they get pretty good deals on "good" resin, west systems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I did see in one of Tony's recent video's that they already have a new firmware update to change some of the menu functions but he didn't mention anything about the TC getting a firmware update. It has always struck me as odd that so many 'reviewers' won't even give TC a little test since they don't vape that way normally, but for someone that 'designed' a mod to not even give it a basic test and compare it to something like a DNA when their mod has a brand new chip baffles me. Reviewers should review all the features of a mod, not just the mode they use regularly.
I think its odd as well. Vaping with vic does test, albeit in Ni but still does the test nonetheless.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Tony is not the most technically oriented reviewer out there.
And fairly new on squonking too.
Nice enuf guy but more of a salesman than vape techie.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think its odd as well. Vaping with vic does test, albeit in Ni but still does the test nonetheless.
yeah, his TC reviews are a little less technical than Phil or DJLSB but at least he tests it. I am sure most/all of the other big reviewers could do similar tests to make sure it doesn't burn the cotton but they are just too lazy imo. That would cut down on how many videos they can pump out a month which would cut down on their YT money.

I would think Tony would have at least wanted to make sure it vaped ok in TC mode and didn't burn the cotton before it went out to someone like DJLSB who gave it terrible marks for TC and cost him some sales from those of us that only vape TC on regulated mods. I was pumped for the Pulse 80w with the Gene chip but now it isn't even on my list until I read in the forums that someone I trust says firmware version x.x fixed the terrible TC performance.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
If he tested it against a dna he'd have to talk a lot of shit about his own mod! Lol I'm betting that's a big factor in why he doesn't.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If he tested it against a dna he'd have to talk a lot of shit about his own mod! Lol I'm betting that's a big factor in why he doesn't.

Yep as I said he is a salesman and they ignore the negative points and emphasize the good points.
They can always diss the negative points bought up by other reviewers.

After all he still likes his original squonk mod....

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Lucy :) Heres the inverse shot of the topcaps....

4g9q8yxggvno7iz6g.jpg

7rbafeks43uc40c6g.jpg

Its hard to decide which setup I like better, guess I need another Dos Equis ........

TMax was trying to sell a never-used one in the classies awhile back - it was kind of a convoluted deal but it might still be there...and only $180

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wismec Luxotic finally arrived. Nice little mod. First impressions, reminds my of a REO Grand in the hand. Door fits nice, magnets are crazy strong. The silicone bottle is nice, but stinks, literally stinks. Boiled it with some vinegar and water, got some of the stink off, now soaking in vodka.

All in all, nice little mod for the money.

IMG_20180427_210551.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very nice

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thank you... Really good mod...just not a 10 like new... she's been a pocket mod and used...but not abused and never dropped. Easily give her a 7.5 rating due to delrin pocket scratches... and anyone who has the inclining to buff her out, she would easily get to a 8.5/9

The Molly was my 1st squonk mod ;) Well not this actual one, but one I had previously... This particular Molly was actually my second (Derp) Squonker

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you... Really good mod...just not a 10 like new... she's been a pocket mod and used...but not abused and never dropped. Easily give her a 7.5 rating due to delrin pocket scratches... and anyone who has the inclining to buff her out, she would easily get to a 8.5/9

The Molly was my 1st squonk mod ;) Well not this actual one, but one I had previously... This particular Molly was actually my second (Derp) Squonker
Heck yeah. Get one you're going to enjoy if you're going to do it.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Wismec Luxotic finally arrived. Nice little mod. First impressions, reminds my of a REO Grand in the hand. Door fits nice, magnets are crazy strong. The silicone bottle is nice, but stinks, literally stinks. Boiled it with some vinegar and water, got some of the stink off, now soaking in vodka.

All in all, nice little mod for the money.

View attachment 109756

I’ve been using mine daily for a month or so now and it’s held up well. I’m thinking about getting another for the stash.

Carpe Nidor

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Heck yeah. Get one you're going to enjoy if you're going to do it.

I agree, she's not the hardest hitter (MM510 Limitation) but she hits very respectable at 3.78v on a fresh 5A

a155ab7ecb38774f7a286c71d43944a2.jpg

Not as good as the Neo Mara at 3.87v but like I said, MM510 with its spring and more parts compared to the Mod dog 510.

That and most of us bonkers Vape below 50w so not discernible truly.

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I’ve been using mine daily for a month or so now and it’s held up well. I’m thinking about getting another for the stash.

Carpe Nidor

How did you get the stink out of the bottles? I ordered 3 spares to use with my Pico Squeeze and they all stink.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
How did you get the stink out of the bottles? I ordered 3 spares to use with my Pico Squeeze and they all stink.

I guess I got lucky. Both of my bottles were good when I got it. No chemical smell at all. The rda did have some machine oil on it but I always wash those with warm soapy water anyway. You might try putting them in a ziplock bag with some baking soda and see if that helps take the smell out.

Carpe Nidor

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Where did you get yours?

I just got several in from VaporDNA and not smelling anything just out of the bag - haven't used one yet and may not for some time

RSZ1

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Where did you get yours?

I just got several in from VaporDNA and not smelling anything just out of the bag - haven't used one yet and may not for some time

FastTech.

Opened the separate bottles again, and they are not nearly as bad as the bottles that come with the mod. Particularly the bottle that was in the mod was the worst. Must have still had the smell in my nose last night and they all stunk. Just took a whiff of the 3 separate spares and they don't stink.

i think the smell is coming from the mod itself, and has transferred to the bottle.

Papachaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well I got my order from Abstrakt Vapes in the mail today a day early and my order from slowtech that says it was processed through Chicago ICS five days ago and scheduled for delivery today didn’t show up and still has the same status from five days ago. What a pain in the ass.

Carpe Nidor

VU Sponsors