Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A noob question: why dont all those 3d printed mod makers also have a nice regulated mod for sale? Not everyone wants a mech. Very strange.

GooberButterNuts from Belgium is making one...

upload_2018-4-27_8-5-38.png

Edge DNA 60 C-Frame - Aluminum Frame - Delrin Cover €300+

Thus far the size is 2mm taller than the GooberFet. 18650

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I wish they would put more research into making a more efficient chip for the regulated or coming up with more efficient battery types. I guess new up and coming generation of vapers are more concerned with looks over performance.

Carpe Nidor
Unfortunately that is what Smok's sales figures tells the rest of the vape industry.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe so, just by looking at the pictures on the website. They also have a step by step instruction on how to polish delrin.
Well crap. Thanks for the heads up. I guess I'll have to check that out

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I polished my black Molly with just Micro-mesh pads and water. Came out to a mirror finish...then I regretted it and scuffed it back up lol

Was a finger print magnet, and always seemed there was juice on it.
So is it in decent enough shape upon arrival to not have to mess with it? I didn't plan that far ahead I guess.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I polished my black Molly with just Micro-mesh pads and water. Came out to a mirror finish...then I regretted it and scuffed it back up lol

Was a finger print magnet, and always seemed there was juice on it.
So you're saying to spend the money and not take shortcuts?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So you're saying to spend the money and not take shortcuts?

I'm saying in my opinion its not worth it.

It looked fucking awesome... then I touched it and it looked like a mirror after a hot shower in winter.

The amount of residual vapor that is attracted to the delrin after each vape, the constant wiping of the mod...not to mention your own oils you permeate via hands...no bueno

Its similar to owning a Copper or Brass Mech tube... you just polished it, fucking looks tits... you touch it and poof, looks like crap lol

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

It looked fucking awesome... then I touched it and it looked like a mirror after a hot shower in winter.

The amount of residual vapor that is attracted to the delrin after each vape, the constant wiping of the mod...not to mention your own oils you permeate via hands...no bueno

Its similar to owning a Copper or Brass Mech tube... you just polished it, fucking looks tits... you touch it and poof, looks like crap lol
Well that would save a lot of work! I'll have to see it in person and see if my OCD goes crazy or not lol.

Now I want to compare my Armageddon and molly. Never really looked that close i guess. The Armageddon has definitely got some shine to it whereas the molly is a little duller.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Fingerprints on the Armageddon aren't too bad. Maybe it's not polished as much? Idk what I'm talking about when it comes to polishing lol.
0dd9d020e3b263488e8dce1dfdca5fbb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Lol that's why started doing patinas on my copper. Looked cooler and after clear coat no more cleaning. Well the outside anyways.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Removed the fused I had on the cruiser/gooberfet and installed that Alien.

128bf4c463db84a152b8d37374a271b1.jpg

6f4d7281ca0e287eb479b8b04945122c.jpg

So it's .36 good for me

If anyone has caught on about my coil building...I tend to make coils when the wife leaves town... Tried making them once when she was around...no Bueno

She's in Los Angeles for the weekend...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Limelight FTW for sure.
If someone needs to feel a battery tube to distinguish warmth, they should stick to regulated mods.
I’m my opinion the only exposed battery tube that makes sense and looks good too is on the Pulsar.
Replaceable different battery-sized tubes with the ability to utilize the same body. I’ll own one of these someday!

View attachment 109668

The Nude does it well (though technically is has no tube at all)

Well, at least it’s moving
8F930390-2C30-4DBA-823E-D6FB196B4E55.png

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
To me it looks like a Pico Squeeze with a wrap.
And heck, if you want a fancy cover on yer Pico Squeeze...

30221460_10216126564774696_7364755734426288128_n.jpg

Yeah - the powdercoating work costs more than the mod.
Yeah - I was gonna get one.
But Nah...I decided to get a whole mod from the maker, instead. :D

Something like this is getting made for me, probably in a few weeks!
upload_2018-4-27_12-2-18.png
Basically MCM’S squonker but looking like a brick

b.m.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Is it going to be that rough when they arrive? I hope not. My plan was to assemble and vape.

None of mine have been in rough shape.They are sort of dull and maybe a few micro scratches that are barely visible,but i never bothered to polish them,i figure they will get scratched up if i put them in a pocket or something anyway,so i just take them out of the package,build them and vape haha.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
None of mine have been in rough shape.They are sort of dull and maybe a few micro scratches that are barely visible,but i never bothered to polish them,i figure they will get scratched up if i put them in a pocket or something anyway,so i just take them out of the package,build them and vape haha.
Sounds good to me

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which color did you get?It is a just a little more noticeable on the black,still not bad,but barely noticeable at all on the white.
I got black

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm thinking about trading my Haku Phenom for another Basic 1.1... I LOVE this atty. Perfect airflow, amazing flavor, almost impossible to oversquonk, outstanding build quality. I could go on and on.

Probably a good time to do it before Haku Engineering's new Venna RDA is out.
efc484f5d75288aa55c3dda501155db3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So I'm thinking about trading my Haku Phenom for another Basic 1.1... I LOVE this atty. Perfect airflow, amazing flavor, almost impossible to oversquonk, outstanding build quality. I could go on and on.

Probably a good time to do it before Haku Engineering's new Venna RDA is out.
efc484f5d75288aa55c3dda501155db3.jpg

Trade/Sell it for what you like more.

What makes it shine for you?

I have questions! lol (Don't have to respond right away)

Build? TC? Watts vaped at? Type of flavored juice you primarily run? AF setting? Compare the AF of the Basic 1.1 vs the Haku in volume.

If its any help, I am finding myself enjoying a more restricted warm vape lately, Like NarDa half closed with a .35 Alien, which is akin to the Haku 1/3rd if that open... also finding myself not taking long rips like I once did, Short 2-3 sec toots.

Thanks! ;)

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Trade/Sell it for what you like more.

What makes it shine for you?

I have questions! lol (Don't have to respond right away)

Build? TC? Watts vaped at? Type of flavored juice you primarily run? AF setting? Compare the AF of the Basic 1.1 vs the Haku in volume.

If its any help, I am finding myself enjoying a more restricted warm vape lately, Like NarDa half closed with a .35 Alien, which is akin to the Haku 1/3rd if that open... also finding myself not taking long rips like I once did, Short 2-3 sec toots.

Thanks! ;)

So the airflow is tad tighter than the Haku but not by much. The draw is very smooth.

I have a 316L 26/36 3mm ID fused Clapton in it. Reads out to .26

I'm vaping DIY Bourbon Vanilla Custard right now and this juice has always been good, but I feel like I'm drinking it now because the vape is so saturated. The bourbon is more pronounced and the egg of the custard is popping a bit more.
I also have vaped DIY Sour Strawberry Watermelon (my adv for the last three years) in the Kindbright 1.0 clone and the flavor is what got me to try to hunt down an authentic. The 1.0 has more open airflow, FYI. Fruit flavors are more sharp to me in it vs the Haku.

I'm running it in TC on a DNA 75 at 42.5 watts and 450 degrees. Airflow is wide open. Not sure you can really adjust it to be honest.

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

More restrictive airflow than what I am used to but it is a very flavorful vape with good vapor production. I got the same build (AVS TRIPLE CORE FUSED CLAPTON 316L SS - 28GX3/36G / 3MM / 5 wrap ~0.25 ohm) as my Pulse 22 and I am running it 30f degrees lower so far. I think it is going to be too restrictive for the 0.15 - 0.20 build I was planning to put in the other Recurve on my Athena box so it will probably replace the Pulse 22 on my other RSQ instead.

I am using the same juice that I was running in the DR SQ I took off this RSQ and it is night and day difference, way more flavor than the DR SQ had.

VU Sponsors