Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Interesting occurrence with my RSQ a few minutes ago. I was trying to run it in bypass mode and was repeatedly asked the "same coil" question before it would fire. When it did fire, it started at 3w for a few presses and then jumped to 67w out of nowhere. It seemed to hit consistently at 67 after that but I wasn't interested and switched attys and back to power mode. Here is the specs if anyone even cares..

Wasp Nano
SS alien coil 3mm, .25
Fully charged LG HG2

Edit sorry .25, not .15

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Interesting occurrence with my RSQ a few minutes ago. I was trying to run it in bypass mode and was repeatedly asked the "same coil" question before it would fire. When it did fire, it started at 3w for a few presses and then jumped to 67w out of nowhere. It seemed to hit consistently at 67 after that but I wasn't interested and switched attys and back to power mode. Here is the specs if anyone even cares..

Wasp Nano
SS alien coil 3mm, .15
Fully charged LG HG2
Maybe safety trying to kick in. That is too low* for that battery

*I realise some measure toke duration against pulse to push outside that, and don't judge. Just I imagine mod safety would kick in

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have them in the other room. This is why I generally don't use mechs. I'm comfortable enough with my stupidity to admit that.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have them in the other room. This is why I generally don't use mechs. I'm comfortable enough with my stupidity to admit that.
i just saw your edit, 0.25 is OK :)

but yeah, chuck it in power mode if you aren't confident

with your edit in mind, that is odd mod behaviour

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have always wondered the why of using a regulated mod in unregulated mode?
never figured that one out.
Want an unreg squonk mod?
Pico squeeze much smaller, lighter and LOTS cheaper and a nice mod.

Just ordered 2 more of them :)

Last edited:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
For Sub-Ohm I prefer Tobeco over everything else.
For MTL coils Aspire wins...Nuff Said!
I spent a good chunk of last night trying to find the best Rba for those coils. Haven't found many yet but I'm assuming there out there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've forgotten where I put it as well.Because it was so secret I also forgot to tell myself as well.I think I might have left it in my other bible.

tumblr_m7vorn52Bu1rcvribo1_500.jpg

Good idea, I'll check there and if it's not there I'm sure Lord and Master Cthulhu will know. :)

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

Wise to buy extra's I had 2 squeezes malfunction last year in the space of 4 months both were working fine and then suddenly started to autofire as soon as I pressed the button. I presumed it was moisture and dismantled and dried out the board but it didn't work and both ended up going to squonk heaven and spare parts.

I replaced those 2 and now I have 3 in total. I only use 1 occasionally now and the other 2 are sealed in boxes for vapocalypse use. :)

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wise to buy extra's I had 2 squeezes malfunction last year in the space of 4 months both were working fine and then suddenly started to autofire as soon as I pressed the button. I presumed it was moisture and dismantled and dried out the board but it didn't work and both ended up going to squonk heaven and spare parts.

I replaced those 2 and now I have 3 in total. I only use 1 occasionally now and the other 2 are sealed in boxes for vapocalypse use. :)

Will a Switchfet board fit in a sqeeze

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What kind of wattage were you vaping at?
They will vape at 75 watts but are only rated for 50.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does any know of anywhere selling 21700 battery tubes with Around 21.8mm or 22mm inner id , Mod maker tubes dont fit a lot of 21700 cells , they are only 21.4mm so quite a few dont fit including ijoy ones ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Question for the squonk crowd.

I picked up my first squonker, the Luxotic, and fell in love. I picked up the GBox 200 shortly after that and pre-ordered the Pulse 80w (I'll never pre-order again but I also don't regret it). But, back to the Luxotic. I LOVE this thing. I love its size, I love the way my wasp nano hits on it, I love the looks, and I can live with the battery life/bottle. So my question - what benefit would I get from a mech mod like a Plug or Armageddon that I don't get from my Luxotic? Is it just how hard they hit? Before the Luxotic I'd only used regulated mods so I've not idea how unregulated compares to pure mech.

Secondary question - I see people mentioning that the contacts on mech mods need to be polished, even sanded, from time to time. Do I need to do the same on the Luxotic?

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
What kind of wattage were you vaping at?
They will vape at 75 watts but are only rated for 50.
I use a Ni80 coil at 0.4 ohms I didn't know they went beyond 50w tbh never tried I find a 0.4 coil the perfect balance of vapor, flavour and battery life for me.

Maybe I was just unlucky with the Pico's IDK but they were well looked after and never dropped. The first one did get left in a bag with a half filled bottle so I assumed a leak was responsible for the failure but the second one was only 2 weeks old when it malfunctioned ?

I don't really care at $16 each it's no big deal but I certainly wouldn't take one on vacation as my only means of vaping !!

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years

I picked up my first squonker, the Luxotic, and fell in love. I picked up the GBox 200 shortly after that and pre-ordered the Pulse 80w (I'll never pre-order again but I also don't regret it). But, back to the Luxotic. I LOVE this thing. I love its size, I love the way my wasp nano hits on it, I love the looks, and I can live with the battery life/bottle. So my question - what benefit would I get from a mech mod like a Plug or Armageddon that I don't get from my Luxotic? Is it just how hard they hit? Before the Luxotic I'd only used regulated mods so I've not idea how unregulated compares to pure mech.

Secondary question - I see people mentioning that the contacts on mech mods need to be polished, even sanded, from time to time. Do I need to do the same on the Luxotic?
No need to polish the luxotic contacts but you may want to wipe the battery terminals occasionally.

As for mechanical theres not a huge difference tbh it's mainly the joy of using something so simple and also the reliability factor. Eventually the board in your luxotic will burn out/get wet or dropped and fail wheras a good quality mech could potentially last a lifetime if well looked after.

As for vape quality, some will say there is no difference but for me there does seem to be a slight difference in the way a mech delivers its power and feels to vape... But maybe that's just me :)

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Before the Luxotic I'd only used regulated mods so I've not idea how unregulated compares to pure mech.
Much less maintenance and more consistent operation and often less voltage drop that a straight mech.

And did I mention virtually no maintenance compared to a mech?

I am assuming that it is a switchfet.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No need to polish the luxotic contacts but you may want to wipe the battery terminals occasionally.

As for mechanical theres not a huge difference tbh it's mainly the joy of using something so simple and also the reliability factor. Eventually the board in your luxotic will burn out/get wet or dropped and fail wheras a good quality mech could potentially last a lifetime if well looked after.

As for vape quality, some will say there is no difference but for me there does seem to be a slight difference in the way a mech delivers its power and feels to vape... But maybe that's just me :)

Ahh but a $4 Mosfet and .05 resistor and a bit of soldering and good to go again.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a Ni80 coil at 0.4 ohms I didn't know they went beyond 50w tbh never tried I find a 0.4 coil the perfect balance of vapor, flavour and battery life for me.

Maybe I was just unlucky with the Pico's IDK but they were well looked after and never dropped. The first one did get left in a bag with a half filled bottle so I assumed a leak was responsible for the failure but the second one was only 2 weeks old when it malfunctioned ?

I don't really care at $16 each it's no big deal but I certainly wouldn't take one on vacation as my only means of vaping !!

Lucy had one croak on her as well.
So far not a glitch with mine.
But if they do I will just convert them to a straight Mosfet.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

As for mechanical theres not a huge difference tbh it's mainly the joy of using something so simple and also the reliability factor.

I am primarily a mech squonker for the majority of my vaping and have been for several years - in fact, my first mod was an mech - the good old REO

A mech is controlled by the coil and it tells the battery how to discharge, and produces a much smoother draw than regulated mods, which are controlled by the board

Doing routine maintenance keeps them in excellent condition - not that much more than I do for the few regulated mods I run

IME there is no comparison between mechs and regulated mods when it comes to flavor and draw - but they are not for everyone and do require more knowledge and skill to use safely

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like she said above. A fair compromise between mechs and regulated mods are the Pico and those like it. They are not mech and not regulated but somewhere in between. They do have a board but it is there for user protection and performance is dependent on your builds. The added benefit is the reduced maintenance for them. Unlike a regulated, you can not "bump" up/down the wattage so you have to build your coils accordingly.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I honestly really dig the pico squeeze...only true fault in it is the shit bottle and that they haven't gone to a 2x650/700 version with 24mm capability and 10ml bottle. Not that I care for 24mm I'd still use 22's but I think it would be good for their sales and greater audience. Maybe do a bump to 75w minimum, again not that I Vape that high lol

I'd easily pay double what a pico costs for the above mentioned "updates" but probably not much more.

As for mech or mosfet or regulated...I'll always be a mech head...but sometimes I'd like to just go crazy and build a "funky monkey baby" coil and just adjust the wattage and why I am considering a regulated...but I'd be paying for something to just have as a lazy coil build day Vape. Which is basically what RTAs are for

Ramble drawl buttercup shazbot nanu nanu lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So two squonks arrived today. One I had to take apart and reset battery tube and contacts (cadenza) and the other ( a bolt V3) came with a shitty bottle (hard as stiff cardboard). So I need to see Albert Lee and get a new bottle with ultem top, etc.

Nothing ever comes without some hassle and work. I'm getting tired of fixing mech squonks.

Last edited:

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

It's about size for me. The tiny little mechs just fit so nicely in hand. And vape like big boys lol.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So two squonks arrived today. One I had to take apart and reset battery tube and contacts (cadenza) and the other ( a bolt V3) came with a shitty bottle (hard as stiff cardboard). So I need to see Albert Lee and get a new bottle with ultem top, etc.

Nothing ever comes without some hassle and work. I'm getting tired of fixing mech squonks.
Some people actully like those harder bottles. But I totally agree with you because Im not one of them.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

You can still grab 1 or 2 more for less than $15 each at (ecigvaporstore)

https://www.ecigvaporstore.com/product/ismoka-eleaf-istick-pico-squeeze-kit/ref/4/

Use code ( vapecrawler10) to get them for $14.31

And yes they are still stocked up on the white 1's...Cheers!

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
So my "prize" was supposed to show today but the tracking never updated until now and it's gone from Belgium to Germany! Wtf..... almost 3 days dhl express to go from Belgium to Germany. Son of a......
0b1cec47521146bb1f19904278da8c3d.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So my "prize" was supposed to show today but the tracking never updated until now and it's gone from Belgium to Germany! Wtf..... almost 3 days dhl express to go from Belgium to Germany. Son of a......

Lol the tracking for TNT was bad also...picked up...traveled to Germany went back to Belgium went to France then landed in Memphis TN.

But after I got the tracking number for FedEx it only showed Belgium and Memphis then San Diego and my door.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I spent a good chunk of last night trying to find the best Rba for those coils. Haven't found many yet but I'm assuming there out there.

There's only 1 RBA for the Aspire Triton that I know of.Link you up with the best price I could find that is currently in stock.

https://www.evcigarettes.com/aspire-triton-rta-system-rba-base/

However if yoou happen to have the Aspire Cleito & 1 of those Clieto Fatboy tanks you might want to check out this Review below.

https://www.evcigarettes.com/aspire-cleito-rba-base/

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some people actully like those harder bottles. But I totally agree with you because Im not one of them.

The bottle don't matter so much to me as the performance of the mod/device.Which is why my Kanger DripBox2 sees way more action than my Wraith.Even if the Wraith looks 1000 times cooler.
Function>Form...Every time!

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol the tracking for TNT was bad also...picked up...traveled to Germany went back to Belgium went to France then landed in Memphis TN.

But after I got the tracking number for FedEx it only showed Belgium and Memphis then San Diego and my door.

You just got to wonder what they (TNT) are vaping.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

:bomb:

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years

So weird because it's dhl express and they normally get to me really fast.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
There's only 1 RBA for the Aspire Triton that I know of.Link you up with the best price I could find that is currently in stock.

https://www.evcigarettes.com/aspire-triton-rta-system-rba-base/

However if yoou happen to have the Aspire Cleito & 1 of those Clieto Fatboy tanks you might want to check out this Review below.

https://www.evcigarettes.com/aspire-cleito-rba-base/
This is the one I saw but it doesn't have any threading on the top? Which doesn't make any sence to me because the aspire triton coils have threading on top. How's it gonna hold the tank together?

VU Sponsors