Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have broad music taste. From the croners like sinatra, to bach (gothic classical not the 2000s indie band) to bb king, to hendrix, george is my favourite béetle, black sabbath, british new wave metal, punk, grunge, techno, 80s bubblegum pop, 80s indie music, aussie pub rock (ac/dc, skyhooks, cold chisel, midnight oil) country (love johnny cash) death, thrash, extreme metal etc and everything in between

Never liked ska music. Never got used to edm. Very few hip hop songs I like, but some of the aussie dork hip hop is ok

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
these type hiphop bands are OK

with lyrics like

You rise like a tsunami, when you feel it; it's the bomb,
I'll make origami of your lyrics,
Geez that's good Suffa, what is it? It's a swan,

:giggle:

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
did midnight oil ever make it OS

ac/dc era, another loud band preferring small venues

peter garatt got into politics 10 years back, made really bad choices

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You are a standard generation though, right? Boomer or gen X

Whoever I replied to earlier and i were born in between. So we are kinda gen X, but not enough that we get long with them. And almost gen Y, but not enough that we can relate to others born 82 or later

We are tweeners. There is fuck all of us, so we don't get along well with anyone generally
It was me.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nice ......... But 300 dollars come on I'm old crazy and cheap.

92c9afe9636c5818fbebcc3ae351e6de.jpg

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
The DNA75C is a train wreck. Firing delay like a cunt for one thing

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tommy has a bizarre picking technique. Similar to dire straights, but different.

Music students everywhere study him.

He's a bit too much of a show off for me. Too many fills
I like Phil's music better.
As people? I have no idea.
I do not get into the players, just their music.
Kind of like not knowing anything about the person that writes a program.
Or not knowing about the personal life of an actor in a movie I like.
I like the resulting product or not.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
NFI why

Blind studies of music snobs show digital format through a valve amp is the only one people agree sounds better.

No one can pick vinyl etc unless you tell them or they see the turntable
And a resurgence in Vacuum tube amps...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Wrong place?
Dude you're probably in the wrong house...Cheers!

Nah. Deck is really clean in the galley. I won't say immaculately clean but near that. That's my galley deck. :) No cobwebs up in the corners either. The Lima quarter carpet might could stand a vacuum but I can wait another day or two on it. Not like the place isn't lived in.

Think I saw everyone seeming to be asking for new gear and such, or posting links to new gear and getting all shinyitis. That occurred to me as an ask and receive session at a drive/walk through window. So, I virtually walked up in cyberspace and figured I'd ask for another Coppervape. Then it dawned on me, yep, wrong place.

Will need to wait for a stipend to gather more of that debit/credit money stuff on the card's account. Then, I'll go to my FastTech ordering cart and might get another Coppervape. To me they're classy enough even being simply a hunk of alu-mi-num, as the English stress the enunciation of the word. They also will take any 510 RDA I can get squonk ready.

Think I have a good recommendation for a beginner's mech squonk introductory kit.
  • 1 silver Coppervape mod
  • A set of two good quality 18650 batteries & 1 good quality charger for them.
  • 1 Gorge RDA
This will run roughly $60 USD, to get the batteries and charger included. Otherwise just the mod and RDA would run around $50 USD. I don't think that's an exorbitant cost to get into squonking. Now, you might spend some more getting juice, or not. Even if you need to pay $70 for the all together kit, it's still not bad. It is cheaper than the low end cost of a new Reo, and the quality, at least from my humble point of view is on par. So yep, good starter kit I think. :)

No, still not being paid by them. I just like the products listed. Sorry for the promo blurbing.

:wave:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
did midnight oil ever make it OS

ac/dc era, another loud band preferring small venues

peter garatt got into politics 10 years back, made really bad choices

I liked Midnight Oil. They had a good message as well, I thought. Sorry to hear he got lost in the circus, seems to happen want it or not.

Kind of awaiting with breath all baited and such to see how ACa-DaCa can recover. Could we get a bushman doc up to Scotland to bring Bonny back, maybe? Fuck that shit of Axel Rose trying to be vocals for 'em.

He's good sure but he's only Axel Rose and could never be part of the klan. And no that use of klan isn't a Southern American thing, it's reference to Scottish klans, tribes, families. Bon Scott seems to have been adopted by Malcolm & Angus Young as another brother.

Then The One Who Remains Unnamed stepped in and actually managed to do a bang on job. Now, damn who can fill such a void. I know they got Macolm's nephew picking up Malcolm's axe and he seems fair to middling but has his own jib, it's nice too. :)

Vocals though, well that's rough to fill in.

Last edited:

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ahh yes...

And now the fabulous Lennon Sisters, getting down and getting funky.

Did something I don't do often - peeped on the daughters' FB last night

Low and behold, youngest is playing a game where you post songs that remind you of specific things. Yesterday's category was: Post a song that reminds you of your mother

Was quite honored and cracked up hard to see she posted this, with a special emphasis on St. Alphonso's Pancake Breakfast

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did something I don't do often - peeped on the daughters' FB last night

Low and behold, youngest is playing a game where you post songs that remind you of specific things. Yesterday's category was: Post a song that reminds you of your mother

Was quite honored and cracked up hard to see she posted this, with a special emphasis on St. Alphonso's Pancake Breakfast

I got to see Frank on his Shut up and play your guitar tour.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I got to see Frank on his Shut up and play your guitar tour.

Now that is a brush with greatness - never got to see Frank, much to my regret

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sort of messed up...

I think I am going to be the last to actually obtain the NeoFet from the original 84 who pre-ordered...even some people bought theirs from Squonk Radar and already have theirs.

Most of the last batch to go out they are arriving tomorrow, or should be.

I might be lucky and see mine Monday.

Yeah I know broken record dealing with this gooberbutternut... but I did finally get the dreaded response of "Sir" from him after my last correspondence lol.

He was waiting on me to ship the white one back before he would ship my correct mod...anyway I shipped it back yesterday preemptively before he said that was the reason there was no movement... I mean really, could of just said, I'll ship that shit when you send tracking of the mod to me... but no had to drag that shit out from the 26th to now....grr

With that done... I messaged him and said, "I'd really enjoy the mod to be picked up within 48hrs, even if you have to hand deliver it to TNT, if no movement on tracking in those 48hrs, please go ahead and refund the total thus paid"

That is when I got the "Sir" reply lol.

I've passed on 5 SunBox game overs in the time its taken him to get (maybe) a mod to me (correct version)

/end rant

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sort of messed up...

I think I am going to be the last to actually obtain the NeoFet from the original 84 who pre-ordered...even some people bought theirs from Squonk Radar and already have theirs.

Yeah I know broken record dealing with this gooberbutternut... but I did finally get the dreaded response of "Sir" from him after my last correspondence lol.

He was waiting on me to ship the white one back before he would ship my correct mod...anyway I shipped it back yesterday preemptively before he said that was the reason there was no movement... I mean really, could of just said, I'll ship that shit when you send tracking of the mod to me... but no had to drag that shit out from the 26th to now....grr

With that done... I messaged him and said, "I'd really enjoy the mod to be picked up within 48hrs, even if you have to hand deliver it to TNT, if no movement on tracking in those 48hrs, please go ahead and refund the total thus paid"

I've passed on 5 SunBox game overs in the time its taken him to get (maybe) a mod to me (correct version)

/end rant
Fn clown

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sort of messed up...

/end rant
Get ur refund and move on

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to agree with you on this one, you never know what that arsewipe will send this time.
Prob a defunk mod i hope not but already recieved 1 bad mod wonder how many is out there and people just dont no it

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I think im gonna grab another molly 160 with all silver new in box then im done till i find ankther bliss

I should of done just that and bought the SunBox Game Over... If the one comes and hits like a noodle, yeah I might just go postal lol

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Modded my pico squeeze to take an Italian supersoft bottle. Not silicon,but I already had these. And to be honest,I prefer the supersofts and original modmaker bottles to any of the silicon bottles I've tried. I can also confirm that the supersofts fit in the Kanger squonkers without modification.
1f7874f83db788abfa3b79406cc104cf.jpg

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sort of messed up...

/end rant

The guy has no shame. Many people waiting for the mod or didn't receive yet and he just keeps posting and selling shit like everything is rainbows and unicorns. George Rabbit and Vasileios over at garage mods run circles around his ass in customer service and their whole group is displayed in Greek language. Go figure.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Modded my pico squeeze to take an Italian supersoft bottle. Not silicon,but I already had these. And to be honest,I prefer the supersofts and original modmaker bottles to any of the silicon bottles I've tried. I can also confirm that the supersofts fit in the Kanger squonkers without modification.
1f7874f83db788abfa3b79406cc104cf.jpg

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I'll give that a try... I have the SS bottle my Neo came with brand new sitting there in the drawer.

Thx!

VU Sponsors