Squonkers are Bonkers

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
REOmods still carries the Chalice III, as does Coval Vapes. Rob at REOs is much less expensive

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It seems that I now have an Loki Labs V2 Odin Squonk RDA on the way to me to embellish my Dripbox 2.

I also have some 24 AWG Clapton Coils on the way to try out.

Kinda afraid to switch from wattage mode to TC mode when I get them as it was such a frikking nightmare to get the sucker into VW mode to begin with!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It seems that I now have an Loki Labs V2 Odin Squonk RDA on the way to me to embellish my Dripbox 2.

Kinda afraid to switch from wattage mode to TC mode when I get them as it was such a frikking nightmare to get the sucker into VW mode to begin with!

Just 3 clicks on the firing button switches between modes

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Just 3 clicks on the firing button switches between modes

I saw that!

When it indicated that I was in wattage mode, I had the choices of M1, M2, M3, M4 and M5 !!!!!

And the instructions said nothing about that nonsense.

I think (?) I got it into the 10-80 Watt mode by pressing the +/- buttons at the same time.

And this was before and after I downloaded the Firmware update. Meaning the M1 through M5 noncense

Still haven't figured that mess out.

All of the above being said, I am totally digging on the thing.

The bottle feed system takes some getting used to but I started with cheap E-Liquid in my test phase.

Still tasted very good though!

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks, I saw that! REOsmods.... well, the Chalice III is just about $100 more than the RM 2, so I think I'll order the RM 2.

If you like the III you will probably really like the RM2

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Single core? What's the wrap?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
with it ready to vape just hit the fire button 3 times and watch the indicator at the top right of the screen. Pwr mode will just have W, NI,TI,SS,then TC not sure about the TC but each time you hit the pwr button three times it will change. the M1-M5 are custom settings I have not played with either. Been too busy vapin it.

Squonkified my second 22mm tsunami this evening. What a job. You have to mod the pin from a 24mm Tsunami AND use a FDV pin as well.
Works great though.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Single core? What's the wrap?

While I have been building my own single coils for years, I decided to try out this place for some "Fancy" Coils......

I purchased a pack of these. http://twistedcoils.myshopify.com/p...s-vape-coils-micro-mod-rba-rda-organic-cotton

And a pack of these. http://twistedcoils.myshopify.com/p...steel-316l-rda-rba-coils-twisted-coils-cotton

Just as an added note, it was not until after I place my order (the website is kind of dark and hard to read for my old eyes) that I noticed that I had missed a coupon code for a 10% discount and an extra pack of coils with every order for 2 packs of coils. I contacted the owner and "Bing, Bam, Boom" not a problem!

Like I said, not used to fancy stuff like Sqounkers and Clapton Coils and the like.

Just kinda getting used to electricity and the "Magic Picture Box" in the living room!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
While I have been building my own single coils for years, I decided to try out this place for some "Fancy" Coils......

I purchased a pack of these. http://twistedcoils.myshopify.com/p...s-vape-coils-micro-mod-rba-rda-organic-cotton

And a pack of these. http://twistedcoils.myshopify.com/p...steel-316l-rda-rba-coils-twisted-coils-cotton

Just as an added note, it was not until after I place my order (the website is kind of dark and hard to read for my old eyes) that I noticed that I had missed a coupon code for a 10% discount and an extra pack of coils with every order for 2 packs of coils. I contacted the owner and "Bing, Bam, Boom" not a problem!

Like I said, not used to fancy stuff like Sqounkers and Clapton Coils and the like.

Just kinda getting used to electricity and the "Magic Picture Box" in the living room!

I decided the magic picture box was a waste of time.Watch movies on it sometimes....

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the v1 nuppin in the ECF classies ATM is also good

so are the ones brewbear mentioned: chalice [v2 is better than v3] and reomizer 2

but it depends on style... MTL single or DL single?
I haven't been on that site in a long time, but when a Nuppin is mentioned, gotta lookie........:wave:

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

In all honesty, I think the 24/34 is going to be too thick to fit through the hole in the positive post. It might work in single coil mode tho. If worse comes to worse you can slap them into the stock atty

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
with it ready to vape just hit the fire button 3 times and watch the indicator at the top right of the screen. Pwr mode will just have W, NI,TI,SS,then TC not sure about the TC but each time you hit the pwr button three times it will change. the M1-M5 are custom settings I have not played with either. Been too busy vapin it.

Squonkified my second 22mm tsunami this evening. What a job. You have to mod the pin from a 24mm Tsunami AND use a FDV pin as well.
Works great though.
Just buy tobbeco v2 velocity comes with squonkr pin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just buy tobbeco v2 velocity comes with squonkr pin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

That used to be about the only budget BF atty available, but there are some really kick ass ones on the market the past few months

Cromwell probably saved 50 cents by getting the 22m Tsunami clone and modding it himself :facepalm:

Just_Calle

Member For 4 Years
Well, I couldn't resist... I had to build the goon LP.
e36b16606d51851905e91fc11c8120ae.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Whatdayathink?

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Dont get a clone chalice
I had one it lasted 2 days and fell apart

My first squonk had a Chalice III clone - I still have it. Loved it till I tried the RM2 then finally was able to afford a (used) authentic one.

The clone does not come close to producing the flavor you get out of an authentic and the airflow adjuster on the clone is wonky and doesn't work worth a hoot.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Do Stumpy clones count?

Yes, but as hard - if not harder - to find as original

Some seller on Alibaba claims to sell them, but someone on this thread (can't remember who) tried it, they took their dough, then told them sold out, can we send you Velocity clones instead? Uh, no.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Anyone? Never tried one myself

EDIT: And there you go!

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can close the Manta down to MTL, it's a VERY good atty.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, but as hard - if not harder - to find as original

Some seller on Alibaba claims to sell them, but someone on this thread (can't remember who) tried it, they took their dough, then told them sold out, can we send you Velocity clones instead? Uh, no.

It was rudedog

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Airflow is intense!
I'm a big breather (sucker? Lol), since I've been a Euphonium player for over 20 years, and I think I need to play with the air control till I find the sweet spot.
Also, for reference, euphonium:
29fa35a5edaf48e85a2ea0dc7da1b52d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a bloody euphonium!!!

VU Sponsors