Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
View attachment 101730 I went and picked up a sentinel rda today after work and so far I’m loving this single coil things . And I got a B2K on its way
I wasn't sure I was going to like single coil either. I got a pulse 22 shortly after my first squonk mod and fell in love. It's pushed me to make a little better coils and I was fortunate enough to have a bunch of alien coils gifted to me. It's a whole new world to me for flavor. Hope you enjoy

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@jmoney426 flavor seems better on the phenom, maybe because the air comes up from under the coil more now... ?

Still no whistle which gives me a great big happy.

Mosfet squonk mods... mkay, I think I can get used to this clicky-click life.

View attachment 101734

Nice! I’m thinking about spinning up some fused Clapton wire tonight so I can rebuild a couple of my atties including the Haku and Flave 22.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Any bonkers interested in a barely used Dead Rabbit SQ, let me know. Black, purple tip. Not a bad rda, but I'd rather sell it for enough to cover pre-order cost on a nudge 22 which seems like it may resonate more with my preferred airflow preferences.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@BrewBear you cure that whistle yet? I got home from work this morning and put a 5 wrap fused clapton in my phenom clone using the photo from So619Cal as a guide:
View attachment 101708

No more whistle :)

@derrickfosgate heading to the post office to mail your therion as soon as they open. cheers
Got IT! I got the second Therion DNA 75C (thank you @JuicyLucy ) put the SXK Haku on it with a dragon skin wire 2.5 mm ID 5/4 wraps at 0.77 ohms, 28w and 440*F. I set the coil the way @So619Cal had in the pics. Life is good!
Edit: Upped it to 40w and I'm liking it better!

Last edited:

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Any bonkers interested in a barely used Dead Rabbit SQ, let me know. Black, purple tip. Not a bad rda, but I'd rather sell it for enough to cover pre-order cost on a nudge 22 which seems like it may resonate more with my preferred airflow preferences.

Nudge 22 AF can only be closed half way...will be similar imo to the Haku nearly 3/4+ open when it's shut all the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nudge 22 AF can only be closed half way...will be similar imo to the Haku nearly 3/4+ open when it's shut all the way down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks yeah, I watched that vid from suck my mod. I'll run it same way as haku, wide open. I just prefer how the air comes in from the side rather than steep angled from the top.
Plus it comes in green. :D

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
TC and dragonskin. You're getting all sophisticated on me bear. cheers! ;)
I made the dragon skin coil last night in preparation, I wanted to be ready for the Therion. It's three claptons twisted. I made some 32g/38g SS 316L clapton (RH winding), cut it in 3 equal lengths and twisted them the opposite way (LH). When that was done, I ran them thru a pair of pliers (about 10 times) with a little pressure.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi Squeeps!
Two days off starting tomorrow wahooo!
I thought I'd pop in and catch up a bit, hello Bonkz!
The Dude works in mysterious ways, its as if He scheduled vape mail to arrive for my days off. All of this arrived this afternoon ; ))))
Last weekend I was finally able to pay off my 'installment plan' from a kind member here for my Jumbo Jet & Zephyr (any of you ol' timers here will know who I bought those from ; )) It came this morning.
Technically I still owe him $50 but we are mates and he was kind enough to send it early.
Then an hour ago DHL showed up with more goodies from Beluga in Korea. Supersonic caps and drip tips.
It's a Christmas miracle!!
I'm seriously super happy and I've been in such a shit mood. One of my heroes (Mark E Smith from The Fall) died yesterday and I've been really bummed. He was only 60.

Hey was it ever revealed which Bonker bought my Haku Cruiser??

IMG_7148.JPG

chohan

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hang tough. Soon enough they'll be in some stores and it won't be a problem.

I don't know what my hangup is. I mean I have an og cruiser so be content, right. This damn phenom thing is like a splinter in my mind, festering. Like a chipped tooth that you can't keep your tongue away from, like... well, you get the idea. Anyone ever want trade phenom for cruiser, pm me.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know what my hangup is. I mean I have an og cruiser so be content, right. This damn phenom thing is like a splinter in my mind, festering. Like a chipped tooth that you can't keep your tongue away from, like... well, you get the idea. Anyone ever want trade phenom for cruiser, pm me.

Dude I know that feeling so well.
My splinter is Le Concorde.
But it's been so long it's infected and festering !

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FYI facbookiens. Just posted in Allen's Black Sheep group. Smoking prices for a couple Bolt V2.5's if anyone is interested.

IMG_7149.jpg

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Also found this earlier.. not a BF but this has been getting hot reviews for an AIO... only available in red or I'd pounce. Screaming deal.
And they have the coils on clearance too. $3 for a 5 pack.

IMG_7151.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Which Nudge you getting the flat bottom 1 or the 1 with the little house thingy.

Flat 1

authentic-wotofo-nudge-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer-w-bf-pin-red-aluminum-316-stainless-steel-22mm-diameter.jpg

House Thingy 1

WTFNUD-15.jpg

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I hate when shit bugs me like that.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got one o'them too! Like it! Not the one to put in your shirt pocket and go or you'll end up with a torn pocket, that's what the Pico & Hadaly are for!
I really should rethink the Pico so many people seem to love it.But I really don't want to go the mechanical route.Yeah yeah I know it ain't really a mechanical.But it ain't exactly regulated either.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
dragon skin coil

Alright.

Clapton = 1 core and 1 wrap wire
Fused = 2 cores and 1 wrap wire
Alien = 3 or more cores and 1 wrap wire

I even understand the notion of making Staggered Claptons.

Can you define Dragon Skin Coils for me?

Know I've probably missed a lot of late. Sorry, just been off in something of a fog. I'm doing some long overdue internal reflection & cleansing. That can be a little daunting for some of us. :)

Well, I can shine like you shine
It doesn't make me brighter
But if I think like you think
It don't make my load much lighter

In the End

Last edited:

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I really should rethink the Pico so many people seem to love it.But I really don't want to go the mechanical route.Yeah yeah I know it ain't really a mechanical.But it ain't exactly regulated either.
They really aren't that bad. As long as you use good batteries and keep your coils at/or above 0.4 ohms, you're good. They are cheap enough. For roughly $30 you can get a Pico and a SXK Haku.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where'd you find the Nudge22? I think I'm gettin' one of those...but didn't see it anywhere but Wotofo, and with the "big" Nudge, everyone else sells it $10 less...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's three claptons twisted. I made some 32g/38g SS 316L clapton (RH winding), cut it in 3 equal lengths and twisted them the opposite way (LH). When that was done, I ran them thru a pair of pliers (about 10 times) with a little pressure.

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Alright.

Know I've probably missed a lot of late. Sorry, just been off in something of a fog. I'm doing some long overdue internal reflection & cleansing. That can be a little daunting for some of us. :)
Actually an Alien is a 3+ core with a wrap that's been claptoned (on a single core) and then decored, stretched out and then rewrapped over the 3+ cores lol a fused is anything that's 2+ cores with a normal wrap
Oh and brew said a dragon is 3 claptons twisted together.
Glad I'm all caught up...... off to bed!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright.

^^^ THAT AIN'T QUITE CORRECT ^^^

With an Alien Coil you remove the core wire and kind of stretch out the wrap until it is about like a loose spring but not so much it gets flattened.You then use that to wrap 3 parallel wires.Confused yet.Yeah me too.Which is why I'm including a tutorial video below.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

*acts as though he's handing you a large pouch* Here borrow mine, then you can get over yourself and try using a semi-mech. *grin*

From the looks of the Picos I would likely buy one or more. They do seem to be a good all around product. I prefer the durability of the Coppervapes though. That whole plastic thing with the Pico keeps me just weary enough to hold me back from picking one on my limited shopping sprees.

Also want to say I love the folks at TemCo. :) I ordered 250 FT each of 28 and 30 awg Ni80. I used our banking /debit/checking card that is our joint account. I got the wire in the mail about a day after ordering it. My wife commented, "they didn't take any money out for it." I asked her tonight and she confirmed they did remit and got paid a few days ago. I had wire though near a week before they were paid. So yeah, gotta love them. :)

I figure it's simply how their billing system operates, and the inventory/shipping system. It was something internal to them as far as I'm aware. No, I was not defrauding or cheating anyone. The money was there for them, the billing just hadn't caught up.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
^^^ THAT AIN'T QUITE CORRECT ^^^

With an Alien Coil you remove the core wire and kind of stretch out the wrap until it is about like a loose spring but not so much it gets flattened.You then use that to wrap 3 parallel wires.Confused yet.Yeah me too.Which is why I'm including a tutorial video below.

Whosawatsit? Whysthatathing? Thefuckmeuphillyousay. *blink, watches video ...*

Ahhhhh. Ah Ha. Alright ... *befuddled look* Think I got it. Tricky, that. Hm, okay. "Piece of cake." :)

Remind me, I need to get the witch to snap some of those picture things, later on. Been gradually learning just basic Claptons/Fused. This video, shows me further enlightenment. Soon Jedi Master of coils will I be.

Biggest stumbling block for me seems to be --- uniformity - in the spacing. I'll get that though. *nods* It lies in the doing teaching. :)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors