Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My back is propped up against the couch. But I'm progressing after a week of fatty yoga

Excuse tummy in pic

714a73451ca3d694f2ed8c7d95d62ede.jpg

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not always, I just sold one with the shorty kit and an extra deck.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yeah i sold mine with all tank sizes an all 3 decks as a full kit.

but they still hard to sourcing all the extras,
an they switched the deck screws out to flat heads on latest releases , from grubs ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok squonkers... I need some help in choosing batteries.

I just got a 67 Neo in trade :)
I don't have any 18650's though!

Capacity is more important than amps as i usually vape below 20a, closer to 15a. I'd previously used lg hg2's but curious if there's something better for me out there now. I could read Mooch's info till I'm blue in the face but I'd rather get some real world advice.
Thanks in advance!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Capacity is more important than amps as i usually vape below 20a, closer to 15a. I'd previously used lg hg2's but curious if there's something better for me out there now. I could read Mooch's info till I'm blue in the face but I'd rather get some real world advice.
Thanks in advance!
VTC6.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks in advance!
Sammy 30Q,
Sony VTC 6
LG Hg 2
Sony VTC 5A (great all round cell),
There are the Panasonic cells but theres a reson no one recommended them too low Amp draw. Maybe ok for up to 10w or so

but the VTC6 are probably highest mah for lower wattage vapes/ 3125mah an above

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sammy 30Q,
Sony VTC 6
LG Hg 2
Sony VTC 5A (great all round cell),
There are the Panasonic cells but theres a reson no one recommended them too low Amp draw. Maybe ok for up to 10w or so

but the VTC6 are probably highest mah for lower wattage vapes/ 3125mah an above

The VTC6 hits harder longer than any of the other cells you listed.
Love my HG2's but the VTC6 is a better cell.

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The VTC6 hits harder longer than any of the other cells you listed.
Love my HG2's but the VTC6 is a better cell.
Oh nice Ive got 6 ive just not used any yet ? Will have to get them in rotation.

Only cells ive not got are the LG HB 2/4/6 range an 20700,s

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still like the run-time on those LG HG2's, and recently bought some more.
I ALSO am very happy with Samsung 30Q's. Same 3000 mah. They're pink, if that matters... :)

Thanks in advance!

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Thanks in advance!

Grats on the Neo...absolutely dig mine.

I like 5A's...Best over all performer period.

But at 15a... Can use HG2/VTC6/30Q(18a/19a/20a) just get which ever is cheaper. I mean its 15a ;) You can vape 15a on a 10a Mooch rated battery (different discussion - dont want to offend the CDR worry warts )

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Grats on the Neo...absolutely dig mine.

I like 5A's...Best over all performer period.

But at 15a... Can use HG2/VTC6/30Q(18a/19a/20a) just get which ever is cheaper. I mean its 15a ;) You can vape 15a on a 10a Mooch rated battery (different discussion - dont want to offend the CDR worry warts )
Right on... Pulled the trigger on vtc6's... Have a nice parallel build clocks in ~.25ohm I've been concerned about running with my ncr20700b's (15a batteries, I'm being paranoid though... Even on a fresh charge considering voltage sag i should hit right at 15a)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Thanks in advance!

If you can stay below 15A, the Samsung 30Q's are absolutely GREAT.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did he recently retest them? I hate giving false info ( Above with the 18/19/20a ratings) I used his recent battery table as reference.
I could be mistaken but I thought Mooch rated them at 19 amps.

I was wrong his recommended battery list shows the 30Q at 20 amps.
apologies for any confusion.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Actually Mooch rates the 30Q at 19 amps.
And a bit better battery than the HG2.

That's very cool; I was just going on Samsung's stated specs, which is 15A for the 30Q. Since I vape at such low wattage and high resistance, I never come anywhere near that, so there's no reason for me to use anything BUT 30Q's.

Andria

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Think I received a dud 30Q from IMR recently, I bought 2 one works great the other one shows it’s charged but if you put it in a dna/ reg device it shows around 65%.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Think I received a dud 30Q from IMR recently, I bought 2 one works great the other one shows it’s charged but if you put it in a dna/ reg device it shows around 65%.

You have a charger than can do discharging/refreshing etc? I ask for I also once got a 5A from IMR that was bad at first...but after 2 cycles on my Opus, works as intended. Came to me at really low voltage.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
You have a charger than can do discharging/refreshing etc? I ask for I also once got a 5A from IMR that was bad at first...but after 2 cycles on my Opus, works as intended. Came to me at really low voltage.
I just have an old 2012 model i4 and a cheap 2bay efest :( I’ll try to do a few short cycles and see if it helps.
Happens... I got a dud 25R once.

Just glad that Smok does not make batteries.
Don’t give them any ideas :teehee:
Yeah shit happens, not anyone’s fault and batteries are cheap, luck of the draw. The wife’s battery, need to order her a couple more. Speaking of, she’s squonking now and took my wasp, Got a couple under the tree though :)

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok now that we're talking batteries...

Programming up my dna75c and unsure of the cutoff voltage i should enter. Stock was at 2.75v i think... Is that safe?
Edit: Using Sanyo ncr20700b 15a battery

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just have an old 2012 model i4 and a cheap 2bay efest :( I’ll try to do a few short cycles and see if it helps.

Don’t give them any ideas :teehee:
Yeah shit happens, not anyone’s fault and batteries are cheap, luck of the draw. The wife’s battery, need to order her a couple more. Speaking of, she’s squonking now and took my wasp, Got a couple under the tree though :)
Wasps are wonderful little things. have 4 and 2 more on a sampan from China right now.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok now that we're talking batteries...

Programming up my dna75c and unsure of the cutoff voltage i should enter. Stock was at 2.75v i think... Is that safe?
Edit: Using Sanyo ncr20700b 15a battery

3.0v is fine... its where I had it set for my Therion 166 and VT133... mostly did that for short cycling the batteries, but 2.75v is fine...2.5v I think is about the cutoff many people tested that battery...but at that low on a single battery, you will be getting battery warnings and still show 50% life ;)

Give it a try at 2.75v and see how depleted they get before you get check battery prompts...if the battery shows 50%+ when this happens, up the cutoff...rinse and repeat.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Thanks in advance!
Hulk's or Brownies

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'll mix that up in a tester, but with 30% pg ;)
Right on. Curious of your feedback. FYI butter is pretty heavy... Might halve it's % first. I like it pretty good as is though.

Thought about subbing CDS with some popcorn for a nice Cracker Jack but haven't bothered yet.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right on. Curious of your feedback. FYI butter is pretty heavy... Might halve it's % first. I like it pretty good as is though.

Thought about subbing CDS with some popcorn for a nice Cracker Jack but haven't bothered yet.
You'd have to add some kind of nut flavor to get Cracker Jack.

cracker-jack-original.png

^^See^^

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I thought Joy was (Funnel cake) not (Nut)

i use it to enhance natural nut flavor in caramel and very sparingly...its a pretty potent flavoring to me...although Almond and Brown Sugar I use more often, but if I am not wrong, I believe the joy in Troys recipe is more to bring out the pastry side of CDS...so you are right in that aspect.

troydestroy

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i use it to enhance natural nut flavor in caramel and very sparingly...its a pretty potent flavoring to me...although Almond and Brown Sugar I use more often, but if I am not wrong, I believe the joy in Troys recipe is more to bring out the pastry side of CDS...so you are right in that aspect.
True dat. Joy and AP really bring out the bakery flavor in this recipe. I'm surprised at how flavorful this recipe is @ such a low %. Caramel og is some heavy duty stuff but not overpowering here imho. I'm really proud of this recipe :)

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i use it to enhance natural nut flavor in caramel and very sparingly...its a pretty potent flavoring to me...although Almond and Brown Sugar I use more often, but if I am not wrong, I believe the joy in Troys recipe is more to bring out the pastry side, so you are right in that aspect.
I've yet to try my hand at mixing anything on my own but I do have a short list of things I want & Joy is 1 of them.
The others are Juicy Pear as well as Sweet Cream for a riff on Pear Tart.
I'm still deciding on whether to do a coffeecake 1 as I'm not sure which of the cheesy thingies to use.
I'd also be interested in something like (Fluffy Bitch by Timeless Vapor)

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've yet to try my hand at mixing anything on my own but I do have a short list of things I want & Joy is 1 of them.
The others are Juicy Pear as well as Sweet Cream for a riff on Pear Tart.
I'm still deciding on whether to do a coffeecake 1 as I'm not sure which of the cheesy thingies to use.
I'd also be interested in something like (Fluffy Bitch by Timeless Vapor)

To be honest, I haven't tried many different juices, or mfgs of juices. I've tried maybe a handful +2, and its the first handful that made me get into mixing.

Most of the flavoring I have,I bought to make a juice that sounded good, but just didnt work for me...I like using this site mostly for rummaging through for recipes...

https://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/

I like the pictures lol ;)

Then I read the recipes and go ok, I can make that... and then make a lil taster of it. Transfer the %'s to http://e-liquid-recipes.com save them and revisit later if they pan out.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Heya ohmies..
Speaking of DIY, received this today from My Freedom Smokes or maybe ya already know.
I'm not a DIY'er (yet) so don't know the ins & outs or if these are hot deals, but wanted to share with ya just in case
Cheers
; ))

IMG_6094.jpg

jasonandsarah

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
To be honest, I haven't tried many different juices, or mfgs of juices. I've tried maybe a handful +2, and its the first handful that made me get into mixing.

Most of the flavoring I have,I bought to make a juice that sounded good, but just didnt work for me...I like using this site mostly for rummaging through for recipes...

https://www.lediypourlesnuls.com/

I like the pictures lol ;)

Then I read the recipes and go ok, I can make that... and then make a lil taster of it. Transfer the %'s to http://e-liquid-recipes.com save them and revisit later if they pan out.
I was basicly the same way and now all those flavors I bought at first never get used. I tried a few recipes and didn't like any so I just started messing around on my own and so far I've made 2 juices I really like and they're both shake and vape witch I like.
My freshberry cheesecake is my adv now, not just because I made it because I dumped a lot of juice before this lol.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
TINY bit of "Acetyl Pyrazene" adds "nuttiness".
Just go real slow - like try 0.5%, and whatever you do, don't get near 2%.
There's a flipover point somewhere - it's a light nuttiness....a little more nuttiness...then allofasudden, BAM! - it turns into Fritos.
Like, unmistakable, F R I T O S. Corn Chips.
Weird stuff. Smelly, too.

You'd have to add some kind of nut flavor to get Cracker Jack.

cracker-jack-original.png

^^See^^

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Woops - didn't realize you already had AP in there...
:)
True dat. Joy and AP really bring out the bakery flavor in this recipe. I'm surprised at how flavorful this recipe is @ such a low %. Caramel og is some heavy duty stuff but not overpowering here imho. I'm really proud of this recipe :)

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First day with the Pulse...

So a fresh VTC5A was a few hours of the day shorter than a single cell FSK or DNA with the same atty but I usually build a 26g clapton around 0.4 and mech I needed to run dual fused 26/32 at 0.25 to get the right vape.

Liking the pulse but the inconsistent hit throughout the battery run and less run time, I remember why I quit using mechs... and the maintenance.

Digging it though, kind of a flash back. Need to get a 20700, that will help with the run time. Hope to continue bringing 1 battery to work. But until then it will be a spare 18650 in my pocket.

VU Sponsors