Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
that's some thick ass copperplate for the contacts. I'll probably wait for them to do their magic with their paint jobs before getting one. The FDV 510 is a bummer tho I get why they went with it as it's the only American 510
I spoke with them over the phone for quite some time this morning. He sent me that pic from the shop/factory/Vape Amp... anyway. I left the conversation and the pictures very impressed. This thing is nice. And FDV is not my favorite, but I have many mods with them and they've yet to fail at all. I haven't used the squonk pins though. I feel more comfortable with that then a brand new proprietary pin myself. At least it's a known quality 510. Again, I don't know them for Squonkers though.

I will say, we talked and his words were all backed up. The internals of that thing are no joke. They have been working on this one for a long time they said. Kept it damn quiet. And yeah... that Copper in there is really solid looking. Not surprised at all. They don't fuck around there. It's not cheap to make either. I'm pretty excited myself!

It's so refreshing to me to see what I consider an affordable for higher end Mechanical Squonk box. I'm always so afraid of brining in new mechs, especially these new Squonk boxes. I've just seen too many go sideways with shit engineering. Crap insulating, autofiring... all stuff I do not want any part of whatsoever at all for you all, and no B.S., I don't want to deal with it myself either. Safety is #1.

I'm excited to see something that actually seems kinda unique. It's not super stylish, but It's also not 3D printed. And those internals sold me... I can't imagine that box having problems unless there is some DOA issue. I run My Rig Pig at .3 (DO NOT DO THAT!) carefully and with good batteries. What I'm getting at is that is a hybrid series box. It handles that no sweat. VAMP just over engineers their products, and with a mech, USUALLY that's a good thing. In the case of a beefy ass copper bar... I call that good. We shall see!

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Where we gonna go?

OK - I take that back - I didn't realize Santa Rosa was THAT bad...
Evacuation order and homes burning...
Damn.

upload_2017-10-9_13-6-37.png

Hey, Northern California people, if you're close to Santa Rosa, get the hell outtathere and stay safe!

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, as I noted previously, I solved the battery problem with the DB 160 -- it's now showing a full battery display. However, I CANNOT get it to read the resistance AT ALL; all it keeps showing is "check atomizer", no matter what I do to it. The current coil is showing on the ohm meter as 1.77Ω, which should be WELL within any specs for any mod. The lil "manual" is less than helpful, as per usual for those things. It says that if it doesn't ask if it's a new coil, to "screw in" the atomizer, press the fire btn till it says "check atomizer", then "screw back" the atomizer (whatever that means) and do it again... and there is no change.

So what do I do to get it to read the resistance correctly?

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Where we gonna go?

OK - I take that back - I didn't realize Santa Rosa was THAT bad...
Evacuation order and homes burning...
Damn.

View attachment 93596

Someplace out of the desert would probably be a good start. :D (places where, if there's a fire, there's sufficient water to put them out!)

Andria

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, as I noted previously, I solved the battery problem with the DB 160 -- it's now showing a full battery display. However, I CANNOT get it to read the resistance AT ALL; all it keeps showing is "check atomizer", no matter what I do to it. The current coil is showing on the ohm meter as 1.77Ω, which should be WELL within any specs for any mod. The lil "manual" is less than helpful, as per usual for those things. It says that if it doesn't ask if it's a new coil, to "screw in" the atomizer, press the fire btn till it says "check atomizer", then "screw back" the atomizer (whatever that means) and do it again... and there is no change.

So what do I do to get it to read the resistance correctly?

Andria
The DB160 does not have a spring loaded/adjustable 510. IF your atty has an adjustable 510, lossen it up a turn or two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The DB160 does not have a spring loaded/adjustable 510. IF your atty has an adjustable 510, lossen it up a turn or two.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
@AndriaD if it is the 510 needing backed out, you can put a section of o-ring into th positive pin area to seat the pin securely but have it extended further out.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Looks mechy

*nodding* Uh huh see that now taking a few looks through sweat hazed eyes at the new pictures.

Mech! Side squonk!.....Not for me, though they look nice.

Side sqounk, mech! Eh, not looking too good for me either, like the darn CopperVape, it spoils you.

I spoke with them over the phone for quite some time this morning. He sent me that pic from the shop/factory/Vape Amp... anyway. I left the conversation and the pictures very impressed. This thing is nice. And FDV is not my favorite, but I have many mods with them and they've yet to fail at all. I haven't used the squonk pins though. I feel more comfortable with that then a brand new proprietary pin myself. At least it's a known quality 510. Again, I don't know them for Squonkers though.
I will say, we talked and his words were all backed up. The internals of that thing are no joke. They have been working on this one for a long time they said. Kept it damn quiet. And yeah... that Copper in there is really solid looking. Not surprised at all. ...

It loo9ks really well made and such. Not knocking it. It just isn't something I could afford $130 to get, least ways not at present.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nope! I don't want a mod like that!
I can understand how he feels, it sucks when you have champagne tastes, on beer budget....been there much too often.

$200 is about my personal limit on a mod. After that it becomes "car payment or vape gear?" self refection

edit: I really want that Type R RDA. Can't find any in stock tho :/

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
*nodding* Uh huh see that now taking a few looks through sweat hazed eyes at the new pictures.

Side sqounk, mech! Eh, not looking too good for me either, like the darn CopperVape, it spoils you.

It loo9ks really well made and such. Not knocking it. It just isn't something I could afford $130 to get, least ways not at present.
Hey... I feel you completely. Didn't think you were knocking it :) . And $135 is definitely high end dough... I couldn't afford that right now, lol. But, I just was impressed enough to feel it is definitely quality and worth that money to someone who has it. I was at a need to find out if this is the real deal before I jump in status :). I wish I could grab all the stuff... oh how I wish. LOL.

@AndriaD You've already gotten suggestions which I will echo. And the fault of that mod is the resistance updating... I haven't tried TC but it satisfies me in power. Mine both do the same thing with resistance and have since day one, it sucks. And My Peerless worked like a charm on mine for a bit, but must have compressed the 510, and won't read it anymore. I stick with the stock attys. I hope you get yours sorted... It really is a good mod for what it is, if you can accept it's faults (and it's working...) I couldn't justify the money for anything else comparable. Good luck!

I need a nice squonker, lol. This damn thread! I come for feedback and now I NEED GEAR... Vaping... gotta love it!

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for the input, and anymore from anyone here is very EXTREMELY welcomed. I say it all the time, but I'm here for you all, so I need to know what you all want. And you Squonk folks are picky Gotta keep you happy!

Yeah, not enuf info there.
$130 is a decent price point for and a delrin box with an aluminum door is interesting, but we need to see the internals, the 510, etc...

That is exactly what I was gonna say, lol

The photos you posted are indeed impressive and merits a second look

Sure wish it was a front squonk though

There are so many squonker mods in my current collection - with so many coming out of the woodwork - will really need to be something before I bite

But the innards look better than most I see that are about to come out

Zaxxaz

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And FDV is not my favorite, but I have many mods with them and they've yet to fail at all. I haven't used the squonk pins though. I feel more comfortable with that then a brand new proprietary pin myself. At least it's a known quality 510. Again, I don't know them for Squonkers though.
The regular 510s are good,but the bottom feed 510s start to leak after awhile.This is a common issue with them.Not saying every single one of them leaks,but a lot of people have problems with it.In my personal opinion,they would have been better off using a ModMaker 510.When I first heard about there squonker,I figured it would be over $200,but was surprised to see the price point they came in at.Like the fact that it's delrin,and a billet aluminum door.

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I have 2 of the Zions and they are great single coils rda's only wish they came with a wide drip tip

Sent from planet Krypton
One of the few single coil 24's I've seen, especially with just side airflow, definitely considering. The posts look close together but could probably squeeze a decent coil in there. The 510 dt is a drawback for me too, been scoping some decent size 510 DT's.
I've tried several attys on mine and the Pulse 22 is a winner!
It's a single coil and works great, flavor is awesome.
The way the air flow is set up it's probably the most leak proof atty you'll find.
And it really looks nice.

85da79579b1b4480d5c23b84426de4c2.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away!
Looking good man :). A pulse 22 is tempting, love the big dt and looks like plenty of AF. May get a Zion clone and a pulse 22, if I like the Zion I'll buy the authentic. Just tired of buying attys, trying them just to toss them in a drawer and end up using a goon lol.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The regular 510s are good,but the bottom feed 510s start to leak after awhile.This is a common issue with them.Not saying every single one of them leaks,but a lot of people have problems with it.In my personal opinion,they would have been better off using a ModMaker 510.When I first heard about there squonker,I figured it would be over $200,but was surprised to see the price point they came in at.Like the fact that it's delrin,and a billet aluminum door.
That's a bummer... hopefully they implemented it well and that won't be an issue. That 510 and Copper and the way it's all secured definitely bode well for a very secure fit... so I'm gonna hope that does it. And I agree... I was shocked at the price point. The Rig Pig was an investment... this is reasonable for what it is in my opinion. I'm pumped to get em' in!

@JuicyLucy He texted me pics while on the phone and after looking them over I was sold... they really took their time with this one. There are no guarantees in the world of vape (or the world) but from my conversation and the pics, combined with my experience with them, I'm more than optimistic!

I can't keep up with this thread, but with all the squonk mods coming and the attys I carry that have pins, I'm gonna try to drop in here more. I didn't realize the desire for a front squonk... learning. :)

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey... I feel you completely. Didn't think you were knocking it :) . And $135 is definitely high end dough... I couldn't afford that right now, lol. But, I just was impressed enough to feel it is definitely quality and worth that money to someone who has it. I was at a need to find out if this is the real deal before I jump in status :). I wish I could grab all the stuff... oh how I wish. LOL.

@AndriaD You've already gotten suggestions which I will echo. And the fault of that mod is the resistance updating... I haven't tried TC but it satisfies me in power. Mine both do the same thing with resistance and have since day one, it sucks. And My Peerless worked like a charm on mine for a bit, but must have compressed the 510, and won't read it anymore. I stick with the stock attys. I hope you get yours sorted... It really is a good mod for what it is, if you can accept it's faults (and it's working...) I couldn't justify the money for anything else comparable. Good luck!

I need a nice squonker, lol. This damn thread! I come for feedback and now I NEED GEAR... Vaping... gotta love it!
I, for one, aplaud you asking our opinion, our liked and dislikes. If you have any pull at all with the manufacturing side, please let them know. There are only so many squonk boxes one can buy and they pretty much are the same, the only difference is the colors and the logo. At the price point most are coming in at, I'd expect quality, looks and functionality. I realize it is much easier to make a side squonk mod ( after all, it's a box with a hole in the lid) but personally I prefer front squonk mods and I don't think I'm the only one. We buy the side squonk mods because those are the prevalent offerings but if we had a choice, quite a few of us would take the front squonk mods.
I'm sure I'm not speaking for everyone but side squonks are so yesterday's gear....
Any regulated squonk mods? Very few indeed. Yes, a mech is cheaper to manufacture but many would be squonk vapers don't want a mech but they'd jump on a affordable regulated one.
Keep up the good work, :vino:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have two mods that do that. If the light goes out while screwing, you have to do it again :)

I don't think there's any way to keep the light from going out while I'm unscrewing/screwing it back in.

My husband had to take one of the squonk pins to his bench grinder to make the head of it fit inside the Magma's insulator; now I wonder if I just used a squonk pin that stuck out 5mm would make this thing work.

Andria

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I, for one, aplaud you asking our opinion, our liked and dislikes. If you have any pull at all with the manufacturing side, please let them know. There are only so many squonk boxes one can buy and they pretty much are the same, the only difference is the colors and the logo. At the price point most are coming in at, I'd expect quality, looks and functionality. I realize it is much easier to make a side squonk mod ( after all, it's a box with a hole in the lid) but personally I prefer front squonk mods and I don't think I'm the only one. We buy the side squonk mods because those are the prevalent offerings but if we had a choice, quite a few of us would take the front squonk mods.
I'm sure I'm not speaking for everyone but side squonks are so yesterday's gear....
Any regulated squonk mods? Very few indeed. Yes, a mech is cheaper to manufacture but many would be squonk vapers don't want a mech but they'd jump on a affordable regulated one.
Keep up the good work, :vino:
I appreciate the words... I gotta know what you all want. Wether you ever shop at Cloudy Peak Vapes or not, your opinion is valued, truly. I'm not around here much... life is very busy. But I am still a member of the community, even though Cloudy Peak Vapes is my name now. :) TBCAmor no more...

Regarding pull with VAMP, I would not say at all that I have that, however I can say the VAMP is not a large company at all. So the people I speak to when dealing with them are generally people who are involved. I will happily pass that info on the next time I speak with my rep. He was in the shop while we were talking answering questions between myself and another guy. That's the other point I suppose. These are small batch mods made in California. So wether ideal or not in all ways, these will be nice. I totally understand the issues people have, I'm just pretty confident this will be a good mod.

I was thinking for a second about if they could do that modification to make it a front squonker, seeing as Delrin is fairly easy to mill, but then I realized that big Bar of Copper hanging out there... lol. I'm betting that's why all these mech squonkers are like that. If that's something everyone else already realized... well I'm in the club.

And regulated squonkers... I couldn't agree more. The iJoy Capo Squonker is coming, but I'm taking my time on that one. I have a Capo Kit coming soon to try. I am curious. It comes with the 21700... I hear they're not as good as the 20700's, but it can use both and 18650's I think... It'll give me an idea on if the Capo Squonker will be any good. I don't have any knowledge beyond what you all would about anything else. You all actually likely know more than I. I think it's difficult to make a squonker that is regulated for an affordable price due to all the electrical components and the possibility of juice leaking... Just my thinking. A mech, you can pull the battery, toss it if it somehow got wet, and clean it all with isopropyl... good to go. Regulated. Not so much. Maybe my logic is wrong?

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I don't think there's any way to keep the light from going out while I'm unscrewing/screwing it back in.

My husband had to take one of the squonk pins to his bench grinder to make the head of it fit inside the Magma's insulator; now I wonder if I just used a squonk pin that stuck out 5mm would make this thing work.

Andria
I have a couple attys the +pin doesn't make contact on the 160, I'm with everyone else I'd say you're right get that pin to protrude a little more and you'll be good.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Just my thinking. A mech, you can pull the battery, toss it if it somehow got wet, and clean it all with isopropyl... good to go. Regulated. Not so much. Maybe my logic is wrong?

I used to get juice all over my regulated mods from crappy builds in RTAs all the time when I was a newb, lol

The best made ones didn't miss a beat, even when they got down into the 510 or in the battery compartment, which juice did, I assure you, lol

I just think it takes less engineering and hence less manufacture time to build the side squonk

But even the gold standard of squonking, the REOs, have side squonk even though they could be made with a front squonk :confused:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I don't use TC at all, it's utterly useless to someone who vapes at 9.5w who also prefers kanthal to ANY other type of wire -- building a 2 ohm coil and using it at 9.5w is its own temp control!

The DB 160 was PIFed, so I am very grateful for the opportunity to try it; the SteamCrave was also PIFed but it will only change wattage at 1w increments, so it's not quite as useful for me... though apparently it does read resistance a lot better.

But if the Dripbox 2 has this same lack of spring-loaded 510, I know right now that I will never buy it, so that means there are ZERO regulated squonkers that I can afford. :( So somehow I have to find a way to use these PIFed squonkers -- and I really am VERY grateful for both of them; it just requires a bit of outside-the-box thinking to make them work for me. I'm poor, but creative; I can handle it. :)

Andria

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I appreciate the words... I gotta know what you all want. Wether you ever shop at Cloudy Peak Vapes or not, your opinion is valued, truly. I'm not around here much... life is very busy. But I am still a member of the community, even though Cloudy Peak Vapes is my name now. :) TBCAmor no more...

Regarding pull with VAMP, I would not say at all that I have that, however I can say the VAMP is not a large company at all. So the people I speak to when dealing with them are generally people who are involved. I will happily pass that info on the next time I speak with my rep. He was in the shop while we were talking answering questions between myself and another guy. That's the other point I suppose. These are small batch mods made in California. So wether ideal or not in all ways, these will be nice. I totally understand the issues people have, I'm just pretty confident this will be a good mod.

I was thinking for a second about if they could do that modification to make it a front squonker, seeing as Delrin is fairly easy to mill, but then I realized that big Bar of Copper hanging out there... lol. I'm betting that's why all these mech squonkers are like that. If that's something everyone else already realized... well I'm in the club.

And regulated squonkers... I couldn't agree more. The iJoy Capo Squonker is coming, but I'm taking my time on that one. I have a Capo Kit coming soon to try. I am curious. It comes with the 21700... I hear they're not as good as the 20700's, but it can use both and 18650's I think... It'll give me an idea on if the Capo Squonker will be any good. I don't have any knowledge beyond what you all would about anything else. You all actually likely know more than I. I think it's difficult to make a squonker that is regulated for an affordable price due to all the electrical components and the possibility of juice leaking... Just my thinking. A mech, you can pull the battery, toss it if it somehow got wet, and clean it all with isopropyl... good to go. Regulated. Not so much. Maybe my logic is wrong?
Just went to ur site and says sold out are they gonna be preordered or are they all spoken for i see the athena is pre order but vamp box is not

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just went to ur site and says sold out are they gonna be preordered or are they all spoken for i see the athena is pre order but vamp box is not

I can open Pre Orders. I just don't like doing them until I have shipping confirmation. These may not ship until Wednesday. Then California to Colorado. Then to you all! They may go out tomorrow, but Columbus Day has them backed up as do orders for these.

Let me know. I never do pre-orders for more than I have ordered, so stock is live and if you order, it's coming to Cloudy Peak. I just want to emphasize I don't have shipping confirmation yet. If they go out Wednesday I should get them Friday. No guarantees with USPS.

Edit: I haven't updated it yet, but I likely will require signature delivery for these. I tend to do that with my expensive items for the safety of the customer more than anyone else. I will update once I sort that, but our policy with that is we require Priority to be paid, and we cover the signature. Some stuff I will not send out without signature, as unfortunately I don't really trust USPS.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used to get juice all over my regulated mods from crappy builds in RTAs all the time when I was a newb, lol

The best made ones didn't miss a beat, even when they got down into the 510 or in the battery compartment, which juice did, I assure you, lol

I just think it takes less engineering and hence less manufacture time to build the side squonk

But even the gold standard of squonking, the REOs, have side squonk even though they could be made with a front squonk :confused:

Takes more copper/silver to do front squonks as you have to cut the leg to run it up the side of the mod to complete the circuit

CactusFanaticus

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Question for the lucky recipients of the Therion 75C. Does the battery door from the Therion 75 fit in the 75C/
Not sure if there are any small differences between the older 75 and the 75c therions, but the 75c therion doors fit the 75c bf for sure, watched a reviewer put one on. I picked up a solid door because I use tanks sometimes.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The dimensions I found for the Therion 75 bf are 90.5mm x 54mm x 27mm. The dimensions of the Therion 75C are the same.

derrickfosgate

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can open Pre Orders. I just don't like doing them until I have shipping confirmation. These may not ship until Wednesday. Then California to Colorado. Then to you all! They may go out tomorrow, but Columbus Day has them backed up as do orders for these.

Let me know. I never do pre-orders for more than I have ordered, so stock is live and if you order, it's coming to Cloudy Peak. I just want to emphasize I don't have shipping confirmation yet. If they go out Wednesday I should get them Friday. No guarantees with USPS.

Edit: I haven't updated it yet, but I likely will require signature delivery for these. I tend to do that with my expensive items for the safety of the customer more than anyone else. I will update once I sort that, but our policy with that is we require Priority to be paid, and we cover the signature. Some stuff I will not send out without signature, as unfortunately I don't really trust USPS.
Ill keep an eye out for the preorder

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Takes more copper/silver to do front squonks as you have to cut the leg to run it up the side of the mod to complete the circuit

Can be less if you move the negative to the bottom but you have to then make the unit a little taller to accommodate the firing pin on top rather than on the side

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
The iJoy 21700 is a 24A with over 3.7Ah capacity, so not bad for most uses.

We'll see when more of the big television making brand cells make it out to the secondary markets what these new formats can really do.

Regulated doesn't have to be expensive at all. A good regulated mod should be cheaper than a good mech. Evolv, Yihi, and even Dicodes chips are all cheaper than silver plates for contacts.

There are quite a few super cheap and super expensive regulated squonk mods. It's the middle ground that's under served.

Lost Vape keeps putting offerings in that range up, then discontinuing just as demand picks up.

The Capo and the Sigelei squonk mods look promising, but I am not paying to beta test those things with recent offerings from both companies being mediocre to bad.

There's a lot of people asking for dual 18650, but I think that's mostly non-squonkers looking to come in. Most people already squonking are used to smaller builds that do well on single cell. But with a small enough chip like the Squid Double Barrel 2.1 uses I could see it being a hit.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Capo and the Sigelei squonk mods look promising, but I am not paying to beta test those things with recent offerings from both companies being mediocre to bad.
There's a lot of people asking for dual 18650, but I think that's mostly non-squonkers looking to come in. Most people already squonking are used to smaller builds that do well on single cell. But with a small enough chip like the Squid Double Barrel 2.1 uses I could see it being a hit.
AMEN to that! Keep on preaching, will ya' !

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The iJoy 21700 is a 24A with over 3.7Ah capacity, so not bad for most uses.

We'll see when more of the big television making brand cells make it out to the secondary markets what these new formats can really do.

Regulated doesn't have to be expensive at all. A good regulated mod should be cheaper than a good mech. Evolv, Yihi, and even Dicodes chips are all cheaper than silver plates for contacts.

There are quite a few super cheap and super expensive regulated squonk mods. It's the middle ground that's under served.

Lost Vape keeps putting offerings in that range up, then discontinuing just as demand picks up.

I just read that the 21700's sag quite a bit... for lower power however, it may not be an issue, and may be a benefit. And notice I have a sample coming of the Capo... I hope to get an idea of if it's a quality device, then we can move on to the squonk if so...

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I just read that the 21700's sag quite a bit... for lower power however, it may not be an issue, and may be a benefit. And notice I have a sample coming of the Capo... I hope to get an idea of if it's a quality device, then we can move on to the squonk if so...
Yup, I have a handful of reviewers I trust to give the straight scoop. Until they and the community at large get their hands on it it's not even on my radar. But getting your hands on it free is a great way to find out for yourself. :)

Another thing I've been seeing lately is people building their own PWM squonkers.

Makes me hope to see something simple like a Raptor 200 or $17 OKR-T/30-W12-C chip come out in a pretty box like VacaVapes make. Sure no TC, but proven, reliable, inexpensive, capable components in a gorgeous box? Sign. Me. Up!

My personal favorite from Vaca:
https://vacavapes.com/collections/c...custom-etched-hammond-1590b-project-box-0160b

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Someplace out of the desert would probably be a good start. :D (places where, if there's a fire, there's sufficient water to put them out!)

Andria
The big problem with both the Santa Rosa and the Anaheim fires is not the lack of water. The problem is the gusts of wind that change direction, the Santa Ana winds that drop the humidity in the teens. We had a lot of vegetation growth with the spring rains. All that stuff is tinder dry now. Add to that the fact that most homes are very near to each other and the wind gusts blow the embers all over.

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
G'morning lunatics!
I forget who, but someone was looking for the Pocket atty on here not too long ago, just fyi there's one up in the H.E.A.T group right now, only one I've seen for sale thus far...
(Just trying to help so try reeeeaaaallly hard to abstain from derogatory Facebook commentary y'all, I know you can do it!)
:cheers:
Fcuk I don't want to work today/night, I want to go shopping!!
Hava a happy Tuesday everyone
; ))

IMG_4154.jpg

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ok, FELLOW squonkers, I am finally squonking. :) I did what I said and just inserted one of the un-modified squonk pins... so there's about a 2-3mm gap between the Magma and the DB 160... but it finally read the resistance!

tumblr_oxlbz9a1q01vga2mio1_1280.jpg

It's reading it at 1.64Ω, but that's close enough for gov't work -- the 1.77Ω I read on the ohm meter was before it was pulsed, wicked, and juiced, after all. Still at break-in wattage, at 9.3w (already boosted from 9.2w, so it's vaping pretty well considering it just got started!). Before I go to bed tonight, it will probably get to 9.5w, and then 9.6w tomorrow. It's a bit looser draw than the Achilles even with my modifications, so it might go to 9.8 or 10w and still be comfortable for me to vape.

It worketh. It Squonketh. :D Thank you very very very much to everyone for putting up with all my whining, and especially to WickedGene and Pevinsghost for the PIFs -- couldn't have done it without all of you, but especially you two! :blowkiss: :hug:

:bliss:
Andria

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was interested, but not $130 interested. Much rather have the Viper v2.

Ah didn't realize it was you Brew.
Feelin ya man.
That's gonna be a hunt and a half but I have it in my queue for you.
Funny, This just popped up, probably as you typed that! ...the guy bumped it again just now. Maybe you're Vulcan mind-melding with your long lost Italian evil twin(!)
:giggle:

IMG_4155.jpg

VU Sponsors