Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Totally agree. They lost me at 'pump' ..Not my speed at all but just sharing some news while I'm on here for a minute..
; ))
Wait 160 for that! It's pos design and I agree that pump isn't going to support the internals. Might as well out in toothpicks and wood glue them together, they'll last longer lol

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Also, For you accessory lovers (lookin at you @JuicyLucy !) they have a small stash of Nick Ricotta's beauty ring / drip tip sets on the Drip Factory Labs website. Nick is super backed up and the word isn't out yet, jump while you can!

How now - have never purchased a beauty ring in my life!!!

Le Furet

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fcuk! See what happens.. 11pm and I have to start work, I haven't had my coffee yet!
Thank God I live right near a clocktower or I'd be on here for the next two hours. Merde!
Back atcha soon, bon week end a vous tous!
X

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Ahhhaa!!
But I know you love your accessories.. or hmmm... Maybe it was just 'beauty' that made your name pop into my head..
:blowkiss:

Go :crazy: over drip tips mainly, hahaha

Only after market caps ever bought was for the Hadaly

Never used a wrap, beauty ring or the like

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Go :crazy: over drip tips mainly, hahaha

Only after market caps ever bought was for the Hadaly

Never used a wrap, beauty ring or the like

Wraps are great for those mods which are a dream to use, but their paint starts looking shitty -- iPVs, I'm looking at YOU! (SX Minis too!) Never did understand these women who wanna dangle shit off their mods; made a lot of enemies at ECF when I said that there, but it hasn't changed my opinion. I don't even like jewelry on my person, I'm damn sure not going to adorn my vape with it!

Andria

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Wraps are great for those mods which are a dream to use, but their paint starts looking shitty -- iPVs, I'm looking at YOU! (SX Minis too!) Never did understand these women who wanna dangle shit off their mods; made a lot of enemies at ECF when I said that there, but it hasn't changed my opinion. I don't even like jewelry on my person, I'm damn sure not going to adorn my vape with it!

Andria

Not saying I never would, just that I never have, lol

Yeah, the jangly thing is not appealing - looks more like a PITA

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...d-what-cell-they-wrap-for-their-20700.361033/

I am staying with 18650.
The 26650 craze did not work out so well either.

I have a couple of 26650 mods and I like them very much. Great for when I want to use a little bigger build in my atty. They are not really good for an out and about mod but for home use its fine.
I do have one 26650 squonk that is good for on the go and the extra battery life make it nice for an all day outing.
99d9c6b71fdbc2c52bbcfded67741d7f.jpg

Sent from planet Krypton

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Lol I spent almost 1/2 my life in professional kitchens and learned from proper French chefs so I learned early on the difference between the 2. Also learned if my meringue wasn’t done right it would end up on my head.

Well, I likely got taught the difference at some point. It gets swapped around on me, not only that either. There are other things I switch out. Was taught being a fireman and how to spot differences in chemical fire versus say a paper fire, at times even something like gets jumbled up. *chuckles* Even the best of us get befuddled and turned around. That living stuff, ... "whew man it'll kill a fellow." *LOL*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I've used the Magmas a good bit -- they DON'T make the vape taste like perfume, trust me. Which would have nothing at all to do with why I tasted that perfume after I tried that juice that was in the squonk bottle, in my Achilles, and immediately tasted perfume -- there was a trace of SOMETHING in the DB 160 bottle that I identified as perfume -- whether it was some ejuice, or some cleaning product, I dunno, but I tasted it, it had nothing whatever to do with the Magma, which I've used a good bit, and it was horrible.

And yes, vinegar is a very foul and penetrating odor, which is easily absorbed by plastics, and can't then be gotten rid of, by ANY means. I've tried. It's not possible. I use vinegar for cleaning the rainbowed film and hard water deposits from stainless steel, because it's the only thing that really works -- but like other cleaning products, it's not really pleasant to smell, and lovely when you're done with it and can rinse it down the drain -- plastic hangs on to it.

Andria

To the perfume taste, can only shake my head and go hm. Sorry if that seems like a P cyclist. I'm in a bit of an introspective fog. Me and adversities have not spoken this morning. I'm debating if that is a good or bad thing. :)

Cleaning, I know potatoes can clean a lot that many will tell you cannot be cleaned. They clean excrement well off of walls, and can clean up any blood. My understanding of it is potatoes hold the correct enzyme mixture to break that kind of stuff down. I might be wrong in that understanding and such is always possible.

Drat, there go two more me clones. Need to head out and see if I'm afixin' to split more wood today. Not quite sure for two reasons.

1. It's a Sunday and two granddad spirits tell me no.
2. Might to rain and while I can be in a shed to split, not all the splitting wood will be.

Add on a need to feed the dogs. I'll be back round when back round. :)

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
http://www.vapingunderground.com/th...d-what-cell-they-wrap-for-their-20700.361033/

I am staying with 18650.
The 26650 craze did not work out so well either.

Now when they come up with a 20350 40 A 3000 mah. I will go for that.
Depends... according to Mooch Ijoy is now wrapping 15 amp cells....
Instead of the ones they originally wrapped Which were 20 or better as I recall?
Made a post in the battery forum on it.
The original was 30A. Some sites still list those. It's possible, but dangerous to lay hands on the Sanyo 30A cells because they are in tool battery packs. Don't scavenge unless you know what you are doing folks.

The king of the hill right now is the Samsung 30T, a 21700 that's 40A that you can't get unless you're willing to tear apart a certain model of European BMW. I don't think we'll be seeing that one available for a while lol.

Best performing cells you can actually get your hands on easily are going to be the LG HB line for temperature, VTC5A for 18650 performance, iJoy 26650, or the old style iJoy 20700 (which some vendors are selling separate from the new ones.) But as always, best performance comes at a trade off for capacity.

They did make a 20650 that isn't bad though.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Right. Got back around. The two granddads gave the third one the look and he as per his usual self silently acquiesced. Sundays are not work days even if I'm agnostic, still respect the wishes of elders and team buddies. Besides which that rain has decided hanging around looks nice. I can probably get to the wood Tuesday, then Thursday through Saturday.

One of those auxiliary clones come over wearing his shiny foreman badge. He told me and two other clones that he needed a housekeeping detail, dishes ran through the steam dragon, rubbish herded and directed toward the outs. It was a basic keep it tidy hon milk-walk. This foreman told me as temporary sarge for this detail, I could decide which juan Guy got to do laundry tomorrow. Think that Juan F. guy will do it, he seems keen to act as Charlie Wong. :)

( Again no intention to be discriminatory or derogatory in this writing. I am merely providing levity mainly for myself, although which self that is I could not say. )

Now, I'll check with my foreman ... oh, he's waving me and the detail on for our union authorized break. Good deal. :) :D

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not saying I'd never stray from 18650 - but will need a very compelling reason to start using two different battery sizes

"Echo, echo, echo, echo, echo, echo, ..." :)

Ah ... well, that makes it a third. Motion Passed!

Wait, ... ...
"Technical foul on the play, interference by American hackers suspected. Play is dead on field, five yard penalty. .... Hold on the chief referee blocks this call with a ROFLMAO." "Yes, American hackers, what are you smoking crack?"

"Call stands, motion passed!"

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Best performing cells you can actually get your hands on easily are going to be the LG HB line for temperature, VTC5A for 18650 performance, iJoy 26650, or the old style iJoy 20700 (which some vendors are selling separate from the new ones.) But as always, best performance comes at a trade off for capacity.

the HB* are a unique chemistry though

they have just enough of the older style that *IF* they do get pushed too hard, it is specacular

i'd trust a HB series LG at 30 amp, but would back samsung in a hard short contest every time

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The saga continues. Strike 14 mm with a 28g SS coil 2.0 mm ID, coming in at 0.9 ohms on the DB2, at 10.0w and a slightly narrower DT, pretty good MTL.

Do you think a narrower coil ID helps with MtL? I always stick with the same size, 3/32 (2.38mm) because I know how to wick that size perfectly. I guess that size is a little smaller than most use nowadays, but it seems to work the best for me. I first learned on 5/64, in the old clearos I started learning on (T3S/Protank)... then was glad to go up to 3/32 on the Kayfun, but still had some learning to do, RE wicking, so I went up to 7/64, since I seemed to always get too much wick. Finally I learned how much is "enough", and went back down to 3/32, where I've stayed for over 3 yrs.

I'm eagerly (impatiently!) awaiting my Strike 18, but it left China on the 3rd, so it'll probably be at least another week yet.

Andria

Pevinsghost

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
the HB* are a unique chemistry though

they have just enough of the older style that *IF* they do get pushed too hard, it is specacular

i'd trust a HB series LG at 30 amp, but would back samsung in a hard short contest every time
Yet another reason to calculate amp/resistance limits with theoretical numbers, and calculate wattage for heat flux and so forth using real numbers including cell internal resistance (and contact/mod resistance if you've got the equipment to figure it out right.)

The difference between 4.2V resting voltage and actual voltage under load (or coil resistance versus circuit resistance depending how you want to look at all,) can be the difference between good performance and a house fire.

Wicked Gene

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I work shift work, either 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am.
Been doing it for 28 years. Working on Sunday is just another day.
I know, some of you are saying shift work would suck, but I usually only work 14 days out of a 28 day cycle and get a week off every month. Add in my 6 weeks of vacation and figure out how much I actually work.

Sent from planet Krypton

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope just the weekly time for it.
Just like baths. Once a week whether I need them or not.
Do you think a narrower coil ID helps with MtL? I always stick with the same size, 3/32 (2.38mm) because I know how to wick that size perfectly. I guess that size is a little smaller than most use nowadays, but it seems to work the best for me. I first learned on 5/64, in the old clearos I started learning on (T3S/Protank)... then was glad to go up to 3/32 on the Kayfun, but still had some learning to do, RE wicking, so I went up to 7/64, since I seemed to always get too much wick. Finally I learned how much is "enough", and went back down to 3/32, where I've stayed for over 3 yrs.

I'm eagerly (impatiently!) awaiting my Strike 18, but it left China on the 3rd, so it'll probably be at least another week yet.

Andria
I can only speak of the 14 mm, your coil choice would be too big for it but perfect for your 18 mm Strike. Generally speaking, you'd want a bigger coil to both reduce the amount of space inside the atty and to restrict air flow.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I work shift work, either 6am-6pm or 6pm-6am.
Been doing it for 28 years. Working on Sunday is just another day.
I know, some of you are saying shift work would suck, but I usually only work 14 days out of a 28 day cycle and get a week off every month. Add in my 6 weeks of vacation and figure out how much I actually work.

Sent from planet Krypton
My boss own two companies. I work landscaping full time for him then part time for his cleaning company doing (cleaning maintenance) on the machine that make fabric for diapers and pads. But I hate working inside. I commend you for doing it 28 years man. I love the fresh air.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not too many jobs now that will be around for 28 years for a person to work in.

That's why I'm so thrilled that my husband works in a cardboard box factory -- as long as people are buying shit online, there will have to be cardboard boxes. :)

Andria

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's about the only Paper Mills around anymore. Linerboard to make boxes

EDIT: And of course, what Gene said :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Woohoo! My Strike 18 has "processed through" the Miami ISC! So now, the REAL waiting begins... :giggle: (it takes longer for anything to come all the way thru FL to GA and then Atlanta than it takes ANYTHING to come from the other side of the planet!)

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Woohoo! My Strike 18 has "processed through" the Miami ISC! So now, the REAL waiting begins... :giggle: (it takes longer for anything to come all the way thru FL to GA and then Atlanta than it takes ANYTHING to come from the other side of the planet!)

Andria
My last FT order processed thru Chicago on the 5th.
Might get it tomorrow.

Ohh wait tomorrow is a holiday?
For the guy that really did NOT discover America?

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My last FT order processed thru Chicago on the 5th.
Might get it tomorrow.

Ohh wait tomorrow is a holiday?
For the guy that really did NOT discover America?

Geez, is that now an ACTUAL holiday? Goddamn it. It's getting as bad here as China with stupid fucking holidays.

Andria

raineysky

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like the Alien and Sig 213 Plus may have found a new home. New guy at work saw my squonkers sitting here and asked if I had any mods for sale. Yup, I do :)

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Columbus Day has been a federal holiday for eighty years, lol

Yeah? I never realized it was a "real" holiday for banks, mail, etc. I asked my son if he has school tomorrow (tech school)... he said yes. Thank god it's not a holiday for regular people, so my husband can work his 90 mins of OT and get his time-and-a-half. :)

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It reminds me of the original walkmans, for cassette tapes. :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors