Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

xXxelis_prxXx

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
A little feeler post, I have an extra authentic Armageddon Apocalypse Gen2 that I haven't used yet. Stainless steel deck, orange cotton candy color, came with a blue Half Moon Mods drip tip. New in pouch with baggie of spares, and I have an extra squonk pin too. They go for $40 now on the Armageddon site. Then squonk pin is $6 and shipping is $7. I'll sell it to someone here for $40 shipped in the US. Happy to ship international. You pay the shipping. Anyone interested before I put in in the classies?

Why I always find you sealing shiny stuff lmao that sounds tempting you got pictures ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
What do you want to trade for?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
As said Im looking for a single 20700 squonker...but I may take single or dual 18650 squonkers for trades.
This is the box here Im looking to trade.
7a6050b3ccc89377271e9d1142710d6f.jpg

hariboholmes

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
A little feeler post, I have an extra authentic Armageddon Apocalypse Gen2 that I haven't used yet. Stainless steel deck, orange cotton candy color, came with a blue Half Moon Mods drip tip. New in pouch with baggie of spares, and I have an extra squonk pin too. They go for $40 now on the Armageddon site. Then squonk pin is $6 and shipping is $7. I'll sell it to someone here for $40 shipped in the US. Happy to ship international. You pay the shipping. Anyone interested before I put in in the classies?
I can't believe they are so cheap now last time I looked they were at least double that got a ss one when they first came out and it's been a great dripper, really robust and well made.

Are they made in China or USA?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't believe they are so cheap now last time I looked they were at least double that got a ss one when they first came out and it's been a great dripper, really robust and well made.

Are they made in China or USA?

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
USA

Don't drip and drive SQUONK
Florida to be exact lol

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
As said Im looking for a single 20700 squonker...but I may take single or dual 18650 squonkers for trades.
This is the box here Im looking to trade.
7a6050b3ccc89377271e9d1142710d6f.jpg

I'd keep that and build your own...Floris box...here are a few pictures of mine thus far...waiting on a few things...heat shrink tubing, dimple tool for the contacts, my 20700 batteries lol. But it was really easy to do...started the polishing of the delrin, but man what a slow process.

00bb20e112fece1a480174360ff0d44e.jpg

Next to 2 18650 Möllys
fba554e813979bc4dd8694097b7099a3.jpg

Contacts
cfbaefd506d45849d1c588557f897301.jpg

Inside...

Once batteries are here I'll adjust the fit of the contacts and the dimple height, then she's done...besides polishing again

Box is cheap...just a thought

Last edited:

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I'd keep that and build your own...Floris box...here are a few pictures of mine thus far...waiting on a few things...heat shrink tubing, dimple tool for the contacts, my 20700 batteries lol. But it was really easy to do...started the polishing of the delrin, but man what a slow process.

00bb20e112fece1a480174360ff0d44e.jpg

Next to 2 18650 Möllys
fba554e813979bc4dd8694097b7099a3.jpg

Contacts
cfbaefd506d45849d1c588557f897301.jpg

Inside...

Once batteries are here I'll adjust the fit of the contacts and the dimple height, then she's done...besides polishing again

Box is cheap...just a thought

If I had the time and tools and materials I would...but lately Im a bit strapped for just about everything...

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ha..!
I'm not at home right now, but here is a pic I posted last week.

View attachment 90706
Man, i would so buy this but that color wont go with anything i own. I have an apocalypse already but its a part of a Limited Edition Vaporized Nomads Boss 3000 set. So incase i sell the Boss i would like to get another apocalypse, preferably black..

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Anyone having a frustrating time waiting to BE ABLE to get their hands on new gear? Between the items that are only available via lists on FB and things that haven't been released yet it's getting irritating.
Haku and Cycloid aren't going up any time soon, Entheon RDA and Mi-Pod won't be released until sometime next month, and I can't find an acrylic or plexi door for my Punk V2 to save my life! Uuuuuuuuugh...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anyone having a frustrating time waiting to BE ABLE to get their hands on new gear? Between the items that are only available via lists on FB and things that haven't been released yet it's getting irritating.
Haku and Cycloid aren't going up any time soon, Entheon RDA and Mi-Pod won't be released until sometime next month, and I can't find an acrylic or plexi door for my Punk V2 to save my life! Uuuuuuuuugh...

It can be frustrating. I have a couple things i bought in group buys, and a couple things i won via fb lists. There all just taking forever to get shipped. I understand somethings are still being produced but some items should have been sent off a long time ago. I have learned to be very patient since joining the sqounk scene. These things take awhile to get sometimes. Just need to take a deep breath and hope it will be worth the wait once you finally end up getting what you want.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It can be frustrating. I have a couple things i bought in group buys, and a couple things i won via fb lists. There all just taking forever to get shipped. I understand somethings are still being produced but some items should have been sent off a long time ago. I have learned to be very patient since joining the sqounk scene. These things take awhile to get sometimes. Just need to take a deep breath and hope it will be worth the wait once you finally end up getting what you want.

It's just funny because as modern day consumers if you have the cash, generally you can get what you want. I reserve most of my patience for my kids which doesn't leave me a whole lot left over!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Those are the top two on my "want" list.
I mean, I kinda need another atty, but that might just be a Gorge, or a Goon22 if I find one. An authentic something, but no chasing any unicorns. But mods - those are my top wants: Mech13 and a HALF. Wouldn't refuse a Gloom, but I'm not paying what they cost, either...
:D
So we where talking about mods we would like to have. You mentioned the Gloom, i asked a buddy to vouch me into the group so i could look around. The day i join they put up a list for 25 Glooms, list will be ran threw randomizer and first 25 names will get to buy a Gloom. My buddy said it took him around 6 or 7 times entering on the list to finally get one.

So i thought what the hell, lets just sign up and see what happens. Well what do you know, only 29 people signed up so he said everyone who signed up is getting a Gloom.

The decision i have to make is do i want to pay that much for a Gloom. There is a person who said if anyone doesnt want to follow threw he would gladly take there spot. I have been wanting one but there so pricey. For the all blacked out Gloom i want with a 24mm flush 510 and mosfet. It comes out to 350 euros. Which is around 415 us dollars give or take depending on exchange rate.

Thats alooooooot to drop on a mod, i have spent that much before on mods but promised myself to mod was worth that much. Now i find myself leaning towards forking out the money for a Gloom. And my buddy doesnt help who tells me i wont regret it.

So looks like ill be gettng a Gloom, though it will probably be a month before i get it in my hands....

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's just funny because as modern day consumers if you have the cash, generally you can get what you want. I reserve most of my patience for my kids which doesn't leave me a whole lot left over!

Yeah thats the crazy part. Even though you have the money for this expensive gear, good luck. You have to enter to win a spot to spend your hard earned money. I find myself in the middle of it though, just cant resist. Hopefully oneday it will all be readily available...

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So we where talking about mods we would like to have. You mentioned the Gloom, i asked a buddy to vouch me into the group so i could look around. The day i join they put up a list for 25 Glooms, list will be ran threw randomizer and first 25 names will get to buy a Gloom. My buddy said it took him around 6 or 7 times entering on the list to finally get one.

So i thought what the hell, lets just sign up and see what happens. Well what do you know, only 29 people signed up so he said everyone who signed up is getting a Gloom.

The decision i have to make is do i want to pay that much for a Gloom. There is a person who said if anyone doesnt want to follow threw he would gladly take there spot. I have been wanting one but there so pricey. For the all blacked out Gloom i want with a 24mm flush 510 and mosfet. It comes out to 350 euros. Which is around 415 us dollars give or take depending on exchange rate.

Thats alooooooot to drop on a mod, i have spent that much before on mods but promised myself to mod was worth that much. Now i find myself leaning towards forking out the money for a Gloom. And my buddy doesnt help who tells me i wont regret it.

So looks like ill be gettng a Gloom, though it will probably be a month before i get it in my hands....
I will still congratulate you! Enjoy it, don't be Gloomy!

Nevweezy

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I will still congratulate you! Enjoy it, don't be Gloomy!
Thank you....

Im excited to get one, but bank account is hurting as it is already. Oh well, you only live once. Ill just justify it as an early Birthday gift to myself :facepalm:....

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
See, I just kind of continuously keep buying stuff, so things kind of are always arriving. That way, don't have to worry, "when's that T3 mod showing up?" because the Goon from a helpful VU seller will get here and distract me!
Slow, steady buying, see?

Oh wait! I have a cool battery-holder-thingy coming, too! Sweeeeet.

Oh yeah, and 2 hadaly caps, cuz they're sending me two different ones to replace the one they sent that was wrong.

Oh wait, there's a random-shit Fasttech order on the way too. Nothing much this time - some "rings" and a couple "fidget cubes" (for other people, I don't fidget, I just vape).

:D:D:rolleyes:

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
See, I just kind of continuously keep buying stuff, so things kind of are always arriving. That way, don't have to worry, "when's that T3 mod showing up?" because the Goon from a helpful VU seller will get here and distract me!
Slow, steady buying, see?

Oh wait! I have a cool battery-holder-thingy coming, too! Sweeeeet.

Oh yeah, and 2 hadaly caps, cuz they're sending me two different ones to replace the one they sent that was wrong.

Oh wait, there's a random-shit Fasttech order on the way too. Nothing much this time - some "rings" and a couple "fidget cubes" (for other people, I don't fidget, I just vape).

:D:D:rolleyes:

Teach me, Oh Grand Pubaa Purchase Master!

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That one is pricey. I LOVE the look, but that's why I haven't TRIED to get one of those. Yet.
Probably, at some point, I'll either up my mental block about what's "expensive" or else just run out of other stuff I also want that costs less...
I HAVE been trying to win a chance to buy a HALF, for instance - those are stunning to me, too, and low $200's.
Still something I clearly don't need...but just WANT, as a reward to myself for being me, lol.

If you go for it, I'm sure you'll love it - it just looks like something you want to HOLD all the time, ya know?

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well its based off by consumers, productions, and materials. Trust me see lost vape how there design is intriguing and cost 200 ok that makes sense. But to something that's 3d printed or rather a simple mechanical device that has a hole through a 510 connection and you charge that for 400 (or 200 plus for that matter) all for plastic, a strip of metal, a battery, and a bottle... Wtf!? Trust me once I figure out how to build, make a deal with Floris and people who make the fsk chip, I would be gladly to sell that regulated dual 18650 squonker for at most! 100 flat! Delrin if is pricey material compared to plastic (which I'm assuming it is, then 130. Hell even regulated mods are between 60-100. My fuchai? 70, tarot nano? 40 bucks. I'm happy for them and atties? On avg between 20-40(msybe 55) ok that Makes sense because the time to mill them makes sense and putting the pieces together that's fine. But for ex: the Sherman rta... 100!! Excuse me I just got a heart attack lol! At these times it's a booming buisness. And it would continue so long the fda doesn't ban, or extent the due date of them.

R3alJim Shady

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well its based off by consumers, productions, and materials. Trust me see lost vape how there design is intriguing and cost 200 ok that makes sense. But to something that's 3d printed or rather a simple mechanical device that has a hole through a 510 connection and you charge that for 400 (or 200 plus for that matter) all for plastic, a strip of metal, a battery, and a bottle... Wtf!? Trust me once I figure out how to build, make a deal with Floris and people who make the fsk chip, I would be gladly to sell that regulated dual 18650 squonker for at most! 100 flat! Delrin if is pricey material compared to plastic (which I'm assuming it is, then 130. Hell even regulated mods are between 60-100. My fuchai? 70, tarot nano? 40 bucks. I'm happy for them and atties? On avg between 20-40(msybe 55) ok that Makes sense because the time to mill them makes sense and putting the pieces together that's fine. But for ex: the Sherman rta... 100!! Excuse me I just got a heart attack lol! At these times it's a booming buisness. And it would continue so long the fda doesn't ban, or extent the due date of them.

I see what you mean. I'm certainly not defending the squonk mod market pricing, but there are a few things to consider when comparing small, independently owned, US-based businesses to large Chinese manufacturing companies.

Large manufacturers (Sigelei, Kanger, Vaporesso, etc) make their money by selling volume and using less expensive materials. Typically, small businesses like the Facebook based ones are one person or a small team producing small batch items made with quality materials and excellent quality control.
Are these mods really worth $150+? For the quality, I'd say yes. Even a 40 dollar China mod isn't worth $40 if it isn't capable of being vaped!

All that said, if you make a FSK Floris mod you can definitely put me down for one or five!

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see what you mean. I'm certainly not defending the squonk mod market pricing, but there are a few things to consider when comparing small, independently owned, US-based businesses to large Chinese manufacturing companies.

Large manufacturers (Sigelei, Kanger, Vaporesso, etc) make their money by selling volume and using less expensive materials. Typically, small businesses like the Facebook based ones are one person or a small team producing small batch items made with quality materials and excellent quality control.
Are these mods really worth $150+? For the quality, I'd say yes. Even a 40 dollar China mod isn't worth $40 if it isn't capable of being vaped!

All that said, if you make a FSK Floris mod you can definitely put me down for one or five!

(6 months later lol) defitaly. To build a dual 18650 plus bottle. The bat case of building scenario be something similar to the rebel honestly.. I looked at hoe the drone is and it's weird how the bottle is on the right while the battery's is on the left-upper region. Thank goodness Floris would take my shitty sort design and he can work around it ^^

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
(6 months later lol) defitaly. To build a dual 18650 plus bottle. The bat case of building scenario be something similar to the rebel honestly.. I looked at hoe the drone is and it's weird how the bottle is on the right while the battery's is on the left-upper region. Thank goodness Floris would take my shitty sort design and he can work around it ^^
:popcorn:I ain't said nothing! Juuuust waiting.....

Bardiel003

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
On the first date!? I think not... At least buy BrewBear a $3 beer and a pretzel first. Sheesh!

I wanna see pictures of the gloom and I don't wanna go to facepuke to do it. lol
Cmon... It's not lewd if people into it lol

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Yeah but the people into that are not the kind you take home to momma, unless, you know, she's into that. lol

C3scott

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The look of the SVA clone appeals to me but I'm down to only two unregulated mods since I discovered mech squonkers. I used to exclusively vape regulated setups but there's something more "lively" to a mechanical vape that I like and am now hooked on.

Seriously thinking about unloading my SXK Billet Box to fund a nice RDA unicorn.

My sva is great but my next purchase is going to be another mech bf.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And since Nuppins were mentioned, where is the gent who posted the picture of the pdib prototype? Hope I didn't scare him away....

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I haven't had mead since I was a fighting member in the SCA. Those were some good, fun days, and some of the best parties I've ever been to.

p.s. SCA = Society for Creative Anachronism. My SCA name was Godfrey d'Lorane. When I talk about the SCA though most people say, "Like a renaissance fair?" My reply is usually "yeah, sure, kind of..." The SCA is so much more. There is nothing like donning your armor and beating the shit out of each other with sticks all while in persona. Then attending parties at night with all the mead you could hope for, belly dancing, and drums.

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Just pulled the trigger on an Armageddon. Didn't feel like building an orca.

I sort of wanted to just purchase a 3dp squonk mod. Now that I've built my TLF though, a part of me wants to build more, mod more, maybe even make my own mech out of whatever I can get my hands on. Same with coils. I only get one day a week to really mess around with wire but since I've been trying to make my own coils and mostly failing LOL, I just want to do it more and more. I don't care about pretty builds, but I am inspired by finding builds that work for me and give me what I want out of my vape.

BrewBear

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I sort of wanted to just purchase a 3dp squonk mod. Now that I've built my TLF though, a part of me wants to build more, mod more, maybe even make my own mech out of whatever I can get my hands on. Same with coils. I only get one day a week to really mess around with wire but since I've been trying to make my own coils and mostly failing LOL, I just want to do it more and more. I don't care about pretty builds, but I am inspired by finding builds that work for me and give me what I want out of my vape.
That's the spirit!

VU Sponsors