Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Hawki

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Went looking at SkullKandy's Facebook page and it's looking like they have been working on a 20700 DNA75 squonker... A second run is due shortly.
17630073_1872835942999944_2467123546899262652_n.jpg
I bought a skullkandy mod it broke in a week. Contacted them and they said it was used couldn't help me. Garbage it went completely crap

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey, wait a minute! Is this a church, or sontin?

I hope not! Somehow Juicy Lucy's post has instigated a powerful thirst! :cheers:

Ron
---
In Heaven there is no beer
That's why we drink it here
And when we're gone from here
All our friends will be drinking all that beer
-Frankie Yankovic (Album: Songs of the Polka Kings)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ordered a Goon clone a couple weeks ago..just now got around to building it..went with a single coil .34 ohm SS316 coil...hitting pretty good on the CV.
1493606464798.jpg

I ordered a Hastur v2 from FT then saw it had no squonk pin so cancelled the order..ill get the Hastur S2 which comes with the pin.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered a Goon clone a couple weeks ago..just now got around to building it..went with a single coil .34 ohm SS316 coil...hitting pretty good on the CV.
View attachment 81000

I ordered a Hastur v2 from FT then saw it had no squonk pin so cancelled the order..ill get the Hastur S2 which comes with the pin.
I vape the same setup. I like only 1/2 of 2 airholes open.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I do too - the brass is one of my favorites

Got a brass Baby Goon - the 22 mm Goon has way better flavor

I don't do humongous crazy builds, so I'm going to retire my 24mm brass Goon for now

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I bought a skullkandy mod it broke in a week. Contacted them and they said it was used couldn't help me. Garbage it went completely crap

that sucks, haven't had any problems with mine. Just curious but what broke on yours?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Mine is an el cheapo version..think it was $8.00 on FT..Seems to be working fine though...Ill try a dual coil set up at around .20 to .25 and see how it does...My air holes dont line up all that well trying to split it open to half of two holes..one hole covers more.. than the other...sucks there is no one hole option in the adjustment..i can get one hole on one side but it opens 2 on the other.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Mine is an el cheapo version..think it was $8.00 on FT..Seems to be working fine though...Ill try a dual coil set up at around .20 to .25 and see how it does...My air holes dont line up all that well trying to split it open to half of two holes..one hole covers more.. than the other...sucks there is no one hole option in the adjustment..i can get one hole on one side but it opens 2 on the other.

That would suck big time

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
precursor to the li'l pinch
had a few names, OliveR, dib, sumpin'
Yep. The one in front, with the Chalice on it is the mod that got me hooked on squonking. I was all into DNA20s and Kayfuns at the time. I bought it on a whim due to the elegant design and form-factor, but I was really wondering WTF I was gonna do with a mechanical squonker. I arranged for a Cyclone to arrive at about the same time, and well, the rest is history.

Hawki

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that sucks, haven't had any problems with mine. Just curious but what broke on yours?
It started auto fireing. Any atty I screwed on would just start to fire about halfway down. It must have been the button. It was the mosfet style. The customer service really pissed me off.

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It started auto fireing. Any atty I screwed on would just start to fire about halfway down. It must have been the button. It was the mosfet style. The customer service really pissed me off.

ah, I've got one of their mechs (Venom). Haven't had any contact with them so that sucks if their CS is bad.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Olive Drab color

Army Green....

or as I call it frog shit green.

Thanks!

When I was viewing Juicy Lucy's mod it seemed to me it was colored a Flashy red with black. (More satonic than heavenly....Not that there's anything wrong with that!) Then again, yesterday I was hungover.:sad:

Ron
---
"Plunge Deep enough in order to see something that is hidden and glimmering."- Matsuo Basho

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, mine first shipped on 4-3 and a tracking number showed up. Usually this would mean some number of days after that it would show that it made it to the US. However, on mine a new tracking number showed up along with the old on and showed shipped on 4-12. Then they both just sat there in China. An email to the company and they responded that on the first order it was shipped improperly and that is why they had to resend it. Okay but now both tracking numbers show that they are in route to JFK airport from 4-17 and 4-19. :crazy:

I was hoping it was the donkey. I guess no such luck.:gaah:Apparently now I wait for the slow boat to JFK instead.:giggle: Who knows, maybe I will get two of everything.

Chris

My 2F vapemail (the order I placed on 4-16 and was received by laospost on 4-17) arrived today. :vapemail:

Unlike the few orders I've made from 3F, I had to sign for it. (Like Fasttech)

Ron
---
"Sun is shining. Weather is sweet. Make you wanna move your dancing feet."- Bob Marley

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had to sign for my last 2 China shipments, from 2 different places that I have previously not had to sign for.

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had to sign for my last 2 China shipments, from 2 different places that I have previously not had to sign for.
I have a 3F order somewhere between China and delivery (I think...)

2017-04-29 17:26 Beijing, from Beijing to Chicago

I won't mind signing for 2 more CV mods! :)

Ron
---
"Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it."- Lily Tomlin

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a 3F order somewhere between China and delivery (I think...)

2017-04-29 17:26 Beijing, from Beijing to Chicago

I won't mind signing for 2 more CV mods! :)

Ron
---
"Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it."- Lily Tomlin
I have 2 CV mods and several repair kits and lots of bottles.
Am set for a while.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well i put the Narda rda together with the squonk pin..screwed it on to the CV and it doesnt make connection at all..neither the 510 pin or the squonk pin is adjustable so, oh well...it works on my regulated self adjusting 510s and my other mech mods but not the CV.:(

KentA

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Well i put the Narda rda together with the squonk pin..screwed it on to the CV and it doesnt make connection at all..neither the 510 pin or the squonk pin is adjustable so, oh well...it works on my regulated self adjusting 510s and my other mech mods but not the CV.:(
There should be 2 small holes under the CV's 510 that will accept a pair of little blue screwdrivers. Turn them counter clockwise to make contact.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
There should be 2 small holes under the CV's 510 that will accept a pair of little blue screwdrivers. Turn them counter clockwise to make contact.

Oh ok..ill try that ..ty

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Very nice JL, but I'm not tempted!:p If the squonk hole was not on the side but in the front....
BTW, how do you like the No Fear Unlimited?

Excellent MTL

Danimal77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Remove the juice bottle and remove the round gold nut where the firing pin hits, then use a regular size screw driver. You may need to grasp the hollow pin (where the tubing goes on) gently with a plyers to hold it in place

I had to give it a nice bit of oomph to get it to budge the first time I took one apart.
Tried to do it in the 510 lol

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just got the 3F one.... I'd be curious how it compares. The top seems like cheap plastic.

Mine is delrin and really keeps the blistering effects down, lol

It do run hot

Wish it had a smidge more air, but I need to play with builds on it a little more

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I gotz Vapemailz!!

1) Wasp Nano.
Fail. Came with no BF pin. It IS supposed to have one.
It will fit a couple skinnier drip tips - which is good, as several people said they liked it but with no tip it was "lips to coil"...

2) The Adkven GORGE.
Ok. Damn.
I'm digging this one. It's early...but first impression - this is what I had hoped the O-atty would be.
For reals.

-- STUPID easy to build with a single - first atty where I went, "duh, just take the big fat grub screws out, and the coil literally will just lay there, legs in slots, while I put them back in". And yep - that worked just fine. With the little (not blue!!) driver they thoughtfully provided.
-- Good squonk action. NOTE - there's a little grub screw IN the bottom pin - you remove it to squonk. Obviously the hole is above deck, it won't be draining completely. But It's not a massive well...so far, I'm just fine with some more vaping per squonk than some of my other atties...
-- AIRFLOW is horizontal slot, angled path, right at the coil. Simple, smart, coil goes straight, airpath angles (as opposed to say a Narda, where you angle the coil, because the airflow is straight and you need the wick to reach the well). It is pretty airy. You can close it down - but only in one direction - if you turn the other way, you hit open-wall area. Again, compare to Narda - it's like when you run the air in the open slot and bypass the intended airflow thingy - except in this atty, I think you really want the air going through the slot - it's aimed right at the coil.

easybuild.jpg

-- As a bonus, a couple Goon driptips I have fit it nicely. Which is good because,
a) They don't fit my goon (I have a 22 Goon authentic, and I shelved a crappy 24mm clone)
and b) It's pretty airy with the chuff - I think I like the slight restriction of the pictured tip a bit better

loookinggoood.jpg

I like mechs, so I keep mass pretty minimal. And I can't vape SS. And I need some thicker Ni.
So this is a simple spaced, 3mm, 24 gauge kanthal coil at about 0.5 ohms.

VU Sponsors