Become a Patron!

Squonkers are Bonkers

Jakeman02

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The one I got from GB just doesn't fit together well, but - it does vape almost on par with the authentic

I have a SR Charm but no other clone to compare it against, from my experience with ShenRay it should be machined better. They've been my go to for clones and in the ones I have been able to compare against are a step above.

I've got a SR Hadaly on the way to compare with my SXK, fingers crossed it'll be better. I like the FT version but tight o-rings and different size holes in the body and cap have me scratching my head.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have a SR Charm but no other clone to compare it against, from my experience with ShenRay it should be machined better. They've been my go to for clones and in the ones I have been able to compare against are a step above.

I've got a SR Hadaly on the way to compare with my SXK, fingers crossed it'll be better. I like the FT version but tight o-rings and different size holes in the body and cap have me scratching my head.

Thanks.

The SXK Hadaly sucks vape-wise compared to the authentic Hadaly IME

Reigle1972

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just wanted to share a pic of my new Lazy Vapors unregulated sqounker box mod that I bought myself and I have to say if you buy one you will not be dissapointed, my next one will be the dual 18650 regulated Squonker in black.View attachment 77607
Here are some pics of the inside, very nicely made. Seth does great work and I would incourage anyone looking to invest in a sqounker to look at Lazy Vapors mods.IMG_20170323_152144_hdr_kindlephoto-173471474.jpg IMG_20170323_152253_hdr_kindlephoto-173381987.jpg IMG_20170323_152315_hdr_kindlephoto-173513746.jpg

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
OK Squonkers -- I'm looking for some coil ideas as it seems I keep running into a dead end.

What I've got --
- CoV Wraith (Single Battery Reg)
- LV Halcyon (LiPo 900mAh DNA)
- Coppervape (Single Battery Mech [20A Batteries] )

- Coppervape GOON Styled RDA (Single / Dual Coil)
- SXK Hadaly Styled RDA (Single Coil)
- Petri v2 (Dual Coil)

Problem:
Regulated Mods: I can't seem to find a good combination of flavor and battery life, even with a Samsung 30Q (20A, 3000mAh) the wife can go through 4-5 batteries in a single day. I don't let her use the Halcyon and she doesn't like the 'box / side squonk style.

The coil that I tried tonight was a 28g SS316L 14 wrap on 2.5mm ID. Vapor output was nice, but the flavor was bland. :facepalm:
I've tried all the way up to a 28g/36g SS316L Fused Clapton in these, even in dual coil mode ...
I usually run in these in wattage mode, but tried TC tonight as well on the Halcyon.

MECH Mod: I can't seem to find a good combination of anything ... I've thus far stuck to simple coils (nothing exotic) because in my mind if I can't get a good simple coil to work decent then why push further.

Detailed Problem:
Let me know if you want a list of everything / coil combinations I've tried ... I have quite a list of combinations from simple KA1, simple Ni80, all the way up to advanced SS316L builds.

If you would be so kind as to point me in the direction of some coil setups that have worked good for you, it would be much appreciated. I seem to grasp the RTA tanks without an issue, but these squonk attys seem to be defeating my intelligence and logic skills. :mad:

(If you would like me to post this in a new thread let me know and I'll move it over to a new one)

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hadaly is nice with parallel coil centred 26 awg, 4 wraps on 2.5mm, comes in around 0.2. I run mine on mech parallel, but should go ok on your regulated (bit low for cv with 1 battery)

Sent from my SM-T819Y using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

I have a few 24mm authentic Goons and a Tobecco clone. I get the best flavor on a CopperVape squonker with a single SS 28G .8 build, 2.5 diameter. Close off 5 of the 6 air holes and keep it on the opposite side of where the coil is positioned.

I also use a 510 converter and use a short 510 dt

The flavor on a Goon is muted considerably with all that air and huge chamber - it is built to be a cloud machine, but can put out decent flavor if the air is channelled correctly.

I use a similar build on the SXK Hadaly clone with the air wide open. The authentic gives way better flavor and vapor though, also used on a mech squonker almost exclusively. I've had a hard time keeping a clapton going in the clone, but works just fine in the authentic.

If your Mrs is going through a lot of batteries, she may need more than one device - that's one reason many of us keep several setups in rotation

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've done a thread search for the Hadaly and am going to try a few of the builds that were being listed in SS316L and Ni80. A couple of them I have already tried (ie 2x28g/36g FC SS316L) but am going to try it again in a larger wrap with less cotton. Playing around tonight with the Hadaly again and it seem that I may be placing to much cotton in them as well, just by looking at some of the pictures that others have posted of the Hadaly.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If your Mrs is going through a lot of batteries, she may need more than one device - that's one reason many of us keep several setups in rotation
I just purchased more 30Q batteries due to this and only one squonk device currently.
I still want to get her the LV Therion BF or hold out for the new LV Drone BF setup.

She seems to be getting frustrated with me and the squonk atty not giving the flavor that I can get her on the RTA setups. The battery swap out she has kinda gotten used to so far. :teehee:

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I just purchased more 30Q batteries due to this and only one squonk device currently.
I still want to get her the LV Therion BF or hold out for the new LV Drone BF setup.

She seems to be getting frustrated with me and the squonk atty not giving the flavor that I can get her on the RTA setups. The battery swap out she has kinda gotten used to so far. :teehee:

The Goon 22mm has excellent flavor and you can let a lot more air in because the chamber is so much smaller

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Yup, that is the one I purchased.
Coppervape GOON Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
22mm, SS, Silver (Coppervape) / SKU: 6273100

I've never tried the CopperVape Goon clone, but the authentic one is an amazing atomizer. Don't see why you couldn't get similar results with it though.

I see that all your atty setups are more of a clouds rather than flavor, big atty types. Have you looked into smaller, bf atties? Origin little, NoName atties, they have smaller chambers and will go from tight-ish MTL to restricted DL.

This is an excellent point - especially if your Mrs enjoys MTL vaping

Haven't tried any of the No Names yet, but plan to. The Origen Little is an amazing little attie, versatile air. So much so I'm considering biting the bullet and getting an authentic one - even though they are 100 bucks more expensive than a clone, lol

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just threw this SS316L FC in there (2x28g/36g) at 2.5mm ID - 6wraps - came in at .36Ω
This time I changed up the amount of cotton that I used. Usually I use a 15mm wide strip. This time I used an 8mm wide strip.
Really getting some flavor off of this coil, just like I do on the RTA setups that I use this coil in. I usually have them at 3mm ID though.

IMG_20170323_224102371 (Large).jpg IMG_20170323_224043149 (Large).jpg

Last edited:

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You might want to revisit it - they are flavor machines on a squonker
I'm open to building it out again. Ideas on coil setup? It seems to support a dual coil, but a single coil is what I had done before. The coil that I put in it originally was a 28g SS316L @ 2.5mm ID -- 10 wraps. -- came in just at 1.0Ω

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm open to building it out again. Ideas on coil setup? It seems to support a dual coil, but a single coil is what I had done before. The coil that I put in it originally was a 28g SS316L @ 2.5mm ID -- 10 wraps. -- came in just at 1.0Ω
Centred Z coil? Either single or parallel depending on preference.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Rossum

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Yep. I prefer centred like that. Afc coming from both sides
This is my go-to build, arrows show airflow. Unlike Sloth, I have the legs coming out of the bottom of my coil.
XGWzDkA.jpg

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
32gx2/40g SS
Don't have any of those. I have to order wire this week as I'm about out and don't have all the wire sizes I need to make good Alien coils. These sizes are on my order though. In KA1, Ni80 and SS316L

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
FWIW, I use rayon and I angle-cut the tails, much like Sloth did in the video (but it generally only takes me two snips per tail).
I am currently using Koh Gen Do / Cotton Labo large. I cut this strip to about 6mm wide and then trimmed the end to touch the base.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Validity may depend more on what she likes in terms of DRAW in addition to vapor + flavor.
For me, the draw HAS to be right - then I'll tweak for the other 2...

I run a Petri V2 and a Goon 22 on a Coppervape. I have a Wraith, but don't use it that much.
I like a "restricted" lung hit - so on my goon, I've only got 1 hole each side, or maybe 1 1/2 (thought that's really tricky on a Goon).
On the Petri as well - just 1/3 of the holes open...

I prefer a slightly warm vape, and "instant" response - minimal heat up and cool down.
So for that, and 1 battery mechs, I end up rummomg a simple wire dual coil.
I probably WOULD do SS, but for some bizarre reason SS doesn't agree with me - so it's Kanthal or Ni80.

I end up using 27 gauge, and 2.5 or 3.0 mm coils frequently, targeting 0.45 ohms or so.
Thicker wire and I run into too few wraps to get juicy... or too low resistance for my airflow preference and 1-battery mech.

Placement is usually a bit low, to facilitate wicking. Wicking is just enough to lie on the deck, not stuff empty space. Airholes are aimed at the coils.
I get DECENT Vapor, great flavor, and the vape I like.
It's not MASSIVE clouds, but it's a "dense" satisfying vapor.

goonbuild1.jpg
es in a single day. I don't let h

Regulated Mods: I can't seem to find a good combination of flavor and battery life, even with a Samsung
OK Squonkers -- I'm looking for some coil ideas as it seems I keep running into a dead end.

What I've got --
- CoV Wraith (Single Battery Reg)
- LV Halcyon (LiPo 900mAh DNA)
- Coppervape (Single Battery Mech [20A Batteries] )

- SXK Hadaly Styled RDA (Single Coil)
- Petri v2 (Dual Coil)

Problem:
Regulated Mods: I can't seem to find a good combination of flavor and battery life, even with a Samsung 30Q (20A, 3000mAh) the wife can go through 4-5 batteries in a single day. I don't let her use the Halcyon and she doesn't like the 'box / side squonk style.

The coil that I tried tonight was a 28g SS316L 14 wrap on 2.5mm ID. Vapor output was nice, but the flavor was bland. :facepalm:
I've tried all the way up to a 28g/36g SS316L Fused Clapton in these, even in dual coil mode ...
I usually run in these in wattage mode, but tried TC tonight as well on the Halcyon.

MECH Mod: I can't seem to find a good combination of anything ... I've thus far stuck to simple coils (nothing exotic) because in my mind if I can't get a good simple coil to work decent then why push further.

Detailed Problem:
Let me know if you want a list of everything / coil combinations I've tried ... I have quite a list of combinations from simple KA1, simple Ni80, all the way up to advanced SS316L builds.

If you would be so kind as to point me in the direction of some coil setups that have worked good for you, it would be much appreciated. I seem to grasp the RTA tanks without an issue, but these squonk attys seem to be defeating my intelligence and logic skills. :mad:

(If you would like me to post this in a new thread let me know and I'll move it over to a new one)

VU Sponsors