SquareFeet's Iced Apricot Tea

SquareFeet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
For personal, non-commercial use only.
Please do not repost this outside of vapingunderground.com.

This is something I've had kicking around for a while now, and since I've learned a lot about mixing from reading around this forum, I figured it's time to give something back. After a while spent tweaking it and trying various different percentages, I've annoyingly come back to something very close to what I originally came up with...

You may make this in one of two ways: just the "Apricot Tea" recipe alone, or with the "Additions". The additions will give a slightly smoother taste (thanks, vanillas); the Apple can be quite a prominent addition (surprising, given that it's only 0.15%), but the walnut helps it sit well (thanks, @HeadInClouds) and not take over the apricots. The Lemon Sicily is at such a tiny percentage that it only sits in the background, serving to make the Black Tea and Bergamot combination taste a little more like "proper" Earl Grey: lemon, not milk, god-dammit (forgive me, I'm English, so I must defend tea).

The Black Pepper might seem like a really bizarre addition, but it helps bring out the apricot mix. It does some strangely wonderful things to the Black Tea and Bergamot combination as well; don't be fooled into thinking that you'll taste black pepper here, you probably won't. It sits in the background and gives an ever-so-slight kick that brings out the other flavours. Of course, if you like Black Pepper, push the percentage of this flavour up to just shy of 0.5%, or higher if you're feeling adventurous. If you're anything like me, you'll find it a wonderfully spicy addition.

If you're not an apricot nut and don't have all the different apricot flavours, then you can switch out what you don't have for what you do. CAP flavours tend to need slightly higher percentages (+1 to +1.5%, give or take), whilst I find the TFA Apricot to be similar in concentration to FA Apricot (though not quite as nice as FA's, it's a good addition to the blend in this recipe).

I find this works really well at 30/70 PG/VG ratio, but of course if you're sensitive to PG, or your setup doesn't like high-VG juices, adjust to suit. It'll be a little less sweet the higher the PG ratio, but since it's not a sweet juice to begin with it doesn't matter too much. I've only tried it at 4mg and 6mg nicotine levels, so can't comment on higher (or lower/nic-free), I'm afraid; at 4mg I find a tiny increase in the apricot levels (~0.25%) helps. At 6mg it's all balanced nicely (for my palette at least).

As far as heat and setups go, it drips like a dream at low (not sub, never tried it) Ohm coils (~1.3Ohms) with around 7-8watts pushed into it. It likes tanks, too, but I find a slightly higher Ohmage coil works a little better with this. I've only ever pushed this recipe up to 10watts (~1.5Ohms +-0.3), and at higher temps the tea is more tea-like (oh, words, how you fail me), and the apricots are boosted by a higher vanilla flavour. Quite nice whatever, really.

TL;DR: It's fairly close to Lipton's apricot flavoured Iced Tea. But with the "additions", and the Black Pepper, there's a little twist in the background...

Anyway, I really must shut up now, it's recipe time:

SquareFeet's Iced Apricot Tea
2.00% FA Apricot
1.00% TFA Apricot
1.00% CAP Apricot
0.50% TFA Peach (FA White Peach instead would probably work wonders, but I don't have it)
0.60% FA Black Tea [~2 drops per 10ml]
0.20% FA Black Pepper (adds a lovely subtle kick] [~0.5 drops per 10ml]
0.15% FA Bergamot [~0.5 drops per 10ml]

Additions (optional)
0.30% FA Fresh Cream [~1 drop per 10ml]
0.15% FA Walnut [~0.5 drops per 10ml] (only add if also adding Apple Fuji)
0.15% FA Apple Fuji [~0.5 drops per 10ml] (only add if also adding Walnut)
0.30% FA Vanilla Bourbon [~1 drop per 10ml] (Vanilla Classic also works well here, but not as 'deep' a flavour as Bourbon)
0.15% FA Lemon Sicily [~0.5 drops per 10ml]

Comments & criticisms more than welcome; I do hope you lot like it.

PS. It works as a shake-and-vape (a good shake, mind, none of this half-arsed stuff), but steeps well over a few days. I've never been able to make a mix of this last long enough to steep longer than that!

Last edited:

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
That looks like a work of art, @SquareFeet ; I'd sure vape that.

Absolutely with the Black Pepper. It's in chai and makes perfect sense the way you use it. I like it with vanilla, so that would be my first choice of an optional addition, and probably Lemon Sicily because of the fruit. But - I don't have Capella's Apricot, hahahah, now I know what that feels like. :(

SquareFeet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@HeadInClouds Thanks! I've gotta say that with all of the additions it's really rather special. God knows how I came up with it. Also, do I get internet points for posting a recipe that contains a flavour you don't have? Surely that's like winning the lottery? ;)

@Huckleberried Yep, finally got around to it! Figured it's time to share.

vapedee

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds spot on - will deffo give it a go

returnity

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, really cool recipe design. I'd love to try this... after buying a bunch more flavor (as always). Really creative stuff!

SquareFeet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks all - let me know how you get on with it!

Luv2vape

Member For 4 Years
This sounds mighty tasty! I need to order some black pepper. Besides, I need some to try HICs recipe anyway. Thanks for sharing, can't wait to mix this.

VU Sponsors