Become a Patron!

Specialty Wire Contest/Giveaway! Updated Prize Pack!

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
A small demo of single coil
niiiiiice. Loving it. I cant wait to get a mod that can fire these coils I got. The Groove II fires them up no problem, but nowhere near those kinds of clouds yet.

immortalhope

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
niiiiiice. Loving it. I cant wait to get a mod that can fire these coils I got. The Groove II fires them up no problem, but nowhere near those kinds of clouds yet.
Im using a full charged sony vct5, the cotton is super fluffy so juice moves thru it fast, and the coil.. well the coil is made using kirf wire, ive meet several ppl at the shops around here blowing big clouds and asked what build they had, everyone was using 20g kirf.. so i asked on facebook group North Florida Vapers where i can find it, and was messaged by zachery gleason, the maker of this wire.. meet with him and got some, im loving it, extremely hard to bend like a paperclip, but heats so fast.. faster than a 24g coil.. very impressed

Thayer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
69c6a37f38147560c8b1e7bb71aa7254.jpg

This was tonight's build
4191ef36b6bcb74f0fec1f340559a36f.jpg

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love series builds..that require a little more attention, but they work great...

Really lets you see that watts are watts with the same amount of resistance wire (same gauge and build), even though the load is different.edit- with regulated mods, duh.

Last edited:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Gus estia....polished with kiss tank.
dabbddb4382e5e6c769de2102a0970a3.jpg

On a Gus kiss qe- getting a matching tank when I have the funds..cuz the original kiss is polished, and the pattern is 3d engraved.
2a943976f65a0ce801bb555912018028.jpg

5b6e58916060ce1f0b52b4e7aa042fab.jpg

17a3a749f06d618cfdb2ed06967ad2b9.jpg

She's getting drilled soon... I'm scared to do it though.. She's kinda expensive..
Hurr hurr....wait till ye marry her...THEN they get expensive.......wait...n/m

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
--Edit-This dripper is fucking awesome. My origen has seen more action than any other vape accessory I own... I'm hoping the hobo and two wind can out do it..and holmes too.--

Discovered a perfect length of 28awg...very fond of 28 kanthal in parallel builds..I've been out of wire. Found some 26awg too, flavors and base in the mail, so I'm golden:).
5a4908040685b7db73d76cf071322667.jpg

Well, my negative leg on one coil popped off like 47 times(at least 20..I swear edit-main reason I'm even posting it lol)..unwrapping several times...I don't know how I managed to get it this even after that episode.. I've never had such an ordeal- except trying to build a genesis the first timeS.
90fa5b0dff961999dfb2798db171290d.jpg

40 Watts..surprised by the sudden boom after the "ka.":)
ec4675ff2336f01e8f84d7678e32ec1c.jpg

0e75a0166ca5347af5af3de5df35fa07.jpg

Today is the day I fix my insomnia..I won't be babbling on forums after I'm up for excessive amounts of time anymore.;)

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I like that Razor wire
Hello all, @Celtic Fog here, wanted to share some pretty amazing Specialty Wires with you all!
I ran across these wires while looking for cool Celtic Pics, wouldn't you know it, they have Celtic Wire! Well, after reading all about the products offered at www.VaporGrudge.com I decided to reach out to them, I am glad I did. The owner of the store also happens to be a member of our community and after explaining to him that I wanted to buy some of the Celtic Wire, for a giveaway here, he generously donated a sample of EACH of the wires he has available! Not just a sample of them, but a WHOLE PACK of EACH!
Each tube contains 6 x 4" specialtie wires, with a total of 9 separate designs , that equals 54 badass coils to build! These can keep you vaping for an entire year, in style! So with much appreciation to Mason from www.VaporGrudge.com, I will explain how one lucky winner, will be getting some of the coolest coil wires in the world.

Here is how you enter to win these awesome wires from www.VaporGrudge.com :

1. Like this post, AND
2. Post a pic of any of these options = your coils, pics of your coil building stations, coils you like, or pics of coils you want to build. (RDA'S and RBA's, no Kanger or Aspire coils)
Funny Coil and Coil Memes do count as long as their is a coil in the pic!)
3. Post as many times as you want, the more you post, the higher your chances are to win. (must post different pics each time.)

This contest/giveaway will be running until 7 pm. Halloween Night on 10/31/2014 and the winner will be drawn exactly at 8pm Pacific Time the same night using Random.org .The winner will be announced here in the thread and a Conversation will be sent by me, to the winner. Prize will be shipped out in the first week of November, using USPS priority mail. Contest Available to all community members. Please have knowledge of Ohms law and battery safety, Must be 18+.View attachment 6930
I like that Razor wire too lazy to make it me get some today nice @Celtic Fog

Dougw63

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
obviously it won't fire! what caused this "build" I wouldn't know, other than an artist bored of coil building for a few minutes LOL
1ece72cdec8d0f8c5641fc74acfd9591.jpg

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
0803687fa73e9b57cc74f616cf91a6af.jpg

Todays build, duel 4 wrap 20g, 0.05 ohms
Was just wondering what batt you're running to support that .05 him build safely?
Ohms law states that .05 ohm build pulls 84A at 4.2v and as far as I know there isn't a battery out there with the cont max amp rating to power that build safely...(_batt with at least a100A cont rating to be safe) enlighten me please.

from Droid Maxx using Tapatalk

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Was just wondering what batt you're running to support that .05 him build safely?
Ohms law states that .05 ohm build pulls 84A at 4.2v and as far as I know there isn't a battery out there with the cont max amp rating to power that build safely...(_batt with at least a100A cont rating to be safe) enlighten me please.

Nothing like a burnt juice to clear up the sinuses

Sent from my XT1030

immortalhope

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Built solely for the purpose of this contest bud, but sony vct5,

immortalhope

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ive been building different setups for this contest, today i shall attempt a twisted wire coil, how low itll ohm? Well im not sure but im building it either way, and my everyday vape is a parallel 24g

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

I applaud you for what you're doing..but the only responses you'll get on that side of the fence(if you get any at all) are:
"Vaping is a pulse function, you'll never get 4.2 Volts out of a battery, I know what I'm doing," and so forth..

There is NO industry standard for pulse ratings, but Sony has put together a pulse rating list, after evaluating cells(in a multi-battery pack- which handles this type of load better, giving the illusion that parallel batteries have a higher continuous rating- but the heat is distributed across all the cells in a pack... doing it with a single battery will produce a lot of heat in the cell), under ROOM temperature. . I'm trying to find the chart with cool down times..pdf I found on reddit won't work for me.. it's way more informative than the chart I always see... pretty much telling vapers they can push 120 Amps out of their vtc's..

A sony vtc3-5 CAN handle a literal butt-load of current...BUT when you use the pulse rating, it is assumed that there will be a cool off time- which is up to a hour+ with 120 Amps..again, in a battery pack..

How do you know you're getting legit batteries? Most of the world depends on the words of the manufacturer, but that doesn't work for counterfeit cells. So there have been independent testers, like dampfukus-or whatever. I don't have any way to digitally test batteries, but I do have load banks, meters for pretty much every electrical application, and a camera...too bad dranetz won't work with DC..:/.

There is also another thing I want to mention... just because you're getting 3.3 Volts out of a full battery at these loads, that doesn't mean your battery is functioning like it is pushing 3.3 Volts...the excess heat in the cell causes voltage loss..

Regardless that I'll NEVER get 4.2 Volts out of a battery, I always use 4.2 Volts to find the current a load will pull from the cell. You can't replace your face and body parts.. I would think that would be more important to people, but whatever.. I'm not your mommy or mentor. I'm just some fuck head on the intranet..

Last edited:

immortalhope

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How would you wick it?, 1 straight run thru the smaller coil, then loop back thru for the larger part?

immortalhope

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
dec05a42d08943089af9621894a534ca.jpg

I just twsted 2-24g, then wrapped 26g along it, whats the name of this wire?

immortalhope

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
bf7d4e364fed13529452c0bcbd444275.jpg

91764fa8134d8ea9ab45189dd264dea2.jpg

Well found out that the wire i made was helix twist, so i made a double helix also.. but i couldnt resist, i had to make a coil, its my 1st vertical coil, 3 wrap of helix (thats what im calling it) ohm @ 0.12

immortalhope

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well the vertical coil was quite upsetting, bunt pull after burnt pull..

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ten more days to go!

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
That dripper looks sick...I love tri coils..tri coil origen v1.. who knows what that one is? #297 if someone posts before me..

BabyFartsMcGeezax

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've done a build like this...I forget which atty it was with.. should've taken a picture. It worked rather well, but I had two separate wicks on each side..cuz I did a series horizontal, smaller ID, and really short wire connecting them, so without wicks, it looks like one coil without looking too hard.

Yeah..I guess I have a problem to not remember that... I didn't think I'd gone through/or used that many drippers.lol..but I guess I have. My mother has asked "her" if she thinks I need an intervention..lol. Replace one addiction (not cigs) for another.. not nearly as expensive (unless I never used clones in the beginning- which I have basically stopped.. between me being part of two small, family businesses, and trying to get into the American modding game, I get it...but not when it comes to things like the Manhattan-fuck them and other "American" made mods from china- & things like the glas-fuck you in your facebook selling rear..)

I felt using "ass" would be offensive.:)

Edit- sorry.. kinda a hot and steamy, passionate moment..

VU Sponsors