Become a Patron!

Sparking Noisy Cricket

So I've been using it for a week now with no issues except the button not going all the way down a few times.So today I went and charged my batteries and all was good, put them in right put the Addy on first then the switch. When I went to test it the mod fired as it should but I seen a little spark between the button and the mod! So I took the button out inspeced and all looked good put it back on used the vape for a bit with no issues then noticed another spark. Any ideas what the issue is? I'm not gonna use it until I figure something out dont wanna blow it up

Last edited:

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Somewhere in the switch area there is some contact from the metal on your battery and the switch housing. Some switch designs use a lot of delrin or other sort of insulation that reduces any sort of contact. Some MODs switches dont use any at all. Even if the switch has some sort of insulation, it may not be designed to keep any part of the neg end of the battery from making metal to metal contact.

Could also be a build up of oxidation somewhere along the path of the mod. On tube mods its kinda easy, you take it apart and wash it , and scrub the threads so there is no resistance. Also keeping your 510 connnection/ positive area clean of oxidation helps a lot too.

Check your battery for any tears on the wrapping.

Could be a short in your atomizer, a piece of the wire from your coils touching the posts etc.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Completely disassemble, clean and inspect every single part. Only you can figure out what the problem is. Any other response you get is nothing more than a guess. If you can't figure it out, quit using mechs until you can.

Could have done without the harsh words boomstick, at least he came some where and looked for a solution, rather than ignoring it and when it blew up, blaming the industry or the company like alot of others have done. Come on bro, that's what this forum is about. I don't mean any disrespect, I'm just saying

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
He's just tired of reading these posts as are allot of people. I will take the time to clean, sand and buff any switch that arcs.

My big thing is if you've got to ask these kind of questions maybe you shouldn't be using a mechanical mod.

I'm not claiming to know everything but I wouldn't want to be not well versed in something that could explode near my ugly face.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Just one more month and this thread would have been dead for two years :confused:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah totally a conspiracy and I wonder who could be the target or subject of the sting?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Although the one who responded could be another insider plant.....................

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

2i6k.gif

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Could have done without the harsh words boomstick, at least he came some where and looked for a solution, rather than ignoring it and when it blew up, blaming the industry or the company like alot of others have done. Come on bro, that's what this forum is about. I don't mean any disrespect, I'm just saying
The solution wasn’t on the internet. It was inside his dirty ass mod. Maybe he should’ve looked there first. And harsh words? You think that was harsh? Haha, ok.

VU Sponsors