Become a Patron!

SOS: RDA Stuck to Mod

Ingkong Vapes

Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
hello.

i have a Sigelei Fuchai Squonk 213. i need to rebuild my coils, so i need to unscrew the rda from the mod (i was advised that it would be better and safer to rebuild off of the mod). but the problem is, the rda seems to be stuck to the mod. no matter how hard i twist, the rda just will not unscew. (i guess the guy at the shop i bought my kit from secured the rda onto the mod a bit too much, huh?) i read somewhere that placing my set (sans battery) in the freezer for 5 minutes might help. well, it didn't. the rda's still on the mod.

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

maraming salamat po = thank you very much!

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Strap wrench is gentler; Pliers/channel-locks..

W/o the strap you'll mar the atty, (although you may pad it) - I'm more concerned about how the 510 is going to behave in the mod.

Ingkong Vapes

Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Strap wrench is gentler; Pliers/channel-locks..

W/o the strap you'll mar the atty, (although you may pad it) - I'm more concerned about how the 510 is going to behave in the mod.

problem is, i don't have such a wrench here. but that's something to keep in mind for future reference. thanks, sir!

Last edited:

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Sometimes some gentle tapping at the base will free it. A butter knife works wonders.

This can happen when you keep tightening it while its hot. Keep at it, it will work itself free.

Ingkong Vapes

Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Sometimes some gentle tapping at the base will free it. A butter knife works wonders.

This can happen when you keep tightening it while its hot. Keep at it, it will work itself free.

i'm just concerned that if i use a butter knife, i'll end up denting or even scratching the mod. it's something to keep in mind for future reference as well. thank you :)

fightinggoat

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Put a rubber band or oring around the base and then you can carefully grab it with a pair of pliers with just enough pressure to grip it without damage.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
i'm just concerned that if i use a butter knife, i'll end up denting or even scratching the mod. it's something to keep in mind for future reference as well. thank you :)

Its no good to you stuck to the mod. I use electrical tape on the butter knife. Tap gently, you are not trying to knock a home run. This is the same method I use to free stuck light bulbs from lamps I refinish and it doesn't break them.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
4CR39_AS01

Ingkong Vapes

Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Its no good to you stuck to the mod. I use electrical tape on the butter knife. Tap gently, you are not trying to knock a home run. This is the same method I use to free stuck light bulbs from lamps I refinish and it doesn't break them.

thanks again :)

VU Sponsors