Become a Patron!

Something strange is going on with my nightmare!

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I got some cotton bacon prime, I wicked my nightmare 28 rda up with and vapes on it, after vaping for like a day, I'd start getting a harsh hit and finally I looked and my coils were glowing red in the middle ever soaked with juice. It never done that before. I rewicked same cotton. It did the same thing after about 12 hours. I switch back to my japanese organic cotton, cuz I thought maybe it was the cotton and now it's doing it with it also. It never done that before I could vape for a 5 or 6 days with the same cotton. Even when it needed to be changed it was usually because the coils were dirty and not hitting as good.nome of.my other rdas do that. Anyone have advice.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
May want to look up Ready x Wick, give it a try. Did look for it myself, to no real avail. It is a wick laced with ceramics. It can be torched as it gets fired in a kiln at over 1,200 F or hotter. Used it a bit way, way, back when. Be ready to shell out $$$ for it, though. Last I recall, it was about $8 per foot. Worth it, guess if you feel it a need.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I got some cotton bacon prime, I wicked my nightmare 28 rda up with and vapes on it, after vaping for like a day, I'd start getting a harsh hit and finally I looked and my coils were glowing red in the middle ever soaked with juice. It never done that before. I rewicked same cotton. It did the same thing after about 12 hours. I switch back to my japanese organic cotton, cuz I thought maybe it was the cotton and now it's doing it with it also. It never done that before I could vape for a 5 or 6 days with the same cotton. Even when it needed to be changed it was usually because the coils were dirty and not hitting as good.nome of.my other rdas do that. Anyone have advice.
Check your coils. Also, when wicking are your coils full of whatever cotton you use? If there's a gap the coil will over heat.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Check your coils. Also, when wicking are your coils full of whatever cotton you use? If there's a gap the coil will over heat.

Always seem to crush my coils together. Know some like "spaced" coils. Have tried them a bit, really saw no great improvement or detraction, saving doing a Kanthal/SS type. That's a turn of Kanthal followed by a turn of SS and so on to finish a coil.

ETA: Eh, ... That's thinking of something else. Sorry, mind is wandering. I walk an average of 25 miles over 5 days a week. My mind just keeps wandering.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Ok this may be what it is,because it started with the cotton bacon prime, I think there was something wrong with it unless it supposed to be that way, but it was super super dried out when I got it, like it had been baked in an oven. I could barely get enough through the coils. I just don't know why it started happening with my old cotton it's never happened before! Thanks rho

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
May want to look up Ready x Wick, give it a try. Did look for it myself, to no real avail. It is a wick laced with ceramics. It can be torched as it gets fired in a kiln at over 1,200 F or hotter. Used it a bit way, way, back when. Be ready to shell out $$$ for it, though. Last I recall, it was about $8 per foot. Worth it, guess if you feel it a need.
I'll check out man

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Might want to stretch the coil a tad, especially in the middle where it's overheating. Be sure each wrap is not contacting others. Sometimes, we get overconfident, and overlook simple things like that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Might want to stretch the coil a tad, especially in the middle where it's overheating. Be sure each wrap is not contacting others. Sometimes, we get overconfident, and overlook simple things like that.
Can agree. There are times I have to rip builds out, start over. One time I might get .35 using 8 wraps of 26 ga Kanthal, the next I only need 6 wraps. Always way too many variables to keep in mind.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I've always used contact coils, unless u mean make sure there not overlapping, but it is definitely hard for me to get them wrapped tight, my hands are screwed up, on a bad day I wrap one 3mm jig and it's prolly closer to 3.4 id

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Y'all think it could be because I switched to thinner core gauge, I vape the nightmare at like 140watts, I used make 2 core 26gauge, but I finally got 3 28 gauge cores to lay flat so I switched to that. Maybe the thinner cores are getting to hot at that high of a wattage?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Y'all think it could be because I switched to thinner core gauge, I vape the nightmare at like 140watts, I used make 2 core 26gauge, but I finally got 3 28 gauge cores to lay flat so I switched to that. Maybe the thinner cores are getting to hot at that high of a wattage?
Let me be serious. I honestly would not know if that could be an issue, or not.

1. I do not use fancy coil builds generally.
2. I am lucky to vape at maybe a maximum of 30 watts at any time, using a regulated device, the once in a blue moon I do so.

I am not passing any judgement, only repeating what has been conveyed to me.

"Fancy coil builds are for aesthetics only."

Armed with that bit of data, my own narrative is I can do just as well using simple coil builds and do. My narrative suits myself, some others, perhaps. That noted, my narrative is not for everyone, nor do I foist it so.

I could say that maybe your gauge choice had something to do with your troubles. Then, I could say it might be due to altitude, humidity, air flow, tide levels and on and on. Ultimately, it will rely upon each vaper to find what suits themselves and works effectively for themselves.

There are a lot of trigonometrical variables involved, add in each user's subjective perceptions, and you get an infinite Pandora's Box of "could go wrongs".

Not trying to dissuade anyone or any particular solution. I am though looking at reality. Might suggest you look at a play titled Everyman, it is a "slice of life" piece which restates the fact we come into life alone and leave it alone.

That isn't meant as bleak as it may at first read. It is, again, simple reality. This is why loving and being loved are priceless. Maybe a walk in the park away from vaping might help put your vaping trouble into more objective perspective.

I don't know. That's as honest as I can be with myself and, in respecting others and self, as honest as I may be with others too. I had to laugh because you withheld what kind of vaping situation you used, just enough so to lull folks in unwary of all germane info. Always seems "the way" it goes. No worries, growing used to it.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I honestly don't know what you mean man, I

2. I am lucky to vape at maybe a maximum of 30 watts at any time, using a regulated device, the once in a blue moon I do so.

Armed with that bit of data, my own narrative is I can do just as well using simple coil builds and do. My narrative suits myself, some others, perhaps. That noted, my narrative is not for everyone, nor do I foist it so.

I could say that maybe your gauge choice had something to do with your troubles. Then, I could say it might be due to altitude, humidity, air flow, tide levels and on and on. Ultimately, it will rely upon each vaper to find what suits themselves and works effectively for themselves.

There are a lot of trigonometrical variables involved, add in each user's subjective perceptions, and you get an infinite Pandora's Box of "could go wrongs".

Not trying to dissuade anyone or any particular solution. I am though looking at reality. Might suggest you look at a play titled Everyman, it is a "slice of life" piece which restates the fact we come into life alone and leave it alone.

That isn't meant as bleak as it may at first read. It is, again, simple reality. This is why loving and being loved are priceless. Maybe a walk in the park away from vaping might help put your vaping trouble into more objective perspective.

I don't know. That's as honest as I can be with myself and, in respecting others and self, as honest as I may be with others too. I had to laugh because you withheld what kind of vaping situation you used, just enough so to lull folks in unwary of all germane info. Always seems "the way" it goes. No worries, growing used to it.
Honestly man, I don't know what your trying to get at? I was withholding anything. I've always vaped like this. I've never had this problem before. Last night it happened again, so I thought about what could possible be different. Then I realized that's the only thing I've changed. I wouldn't call fused Clapton's fancy really. A fused clapton is rather basic I would say. I use round wire builds in different rdas and on mechs. I get the kind of vape I like on regulated mods from fused claptons. I agree with you though all that other non sense is pointless, staggerfused, aliens, and such don't make a bit of difference from a fused clapton. So, I don't even fool with it. I mean if you didn't want to answer the question you didn't have too. Sorry for my underhanded attempts at asking for help and apologies for not providing you with all the information that you needed to answer the question. I didn't think it mattered since I've always built like this and vaped like this, I see people like you on reddit, ecigforum, and everywhere else everyday and fell as if those are the kind of people, who make people not want to ask questions and learn things, so they end up blowing their face off instead, but my apologies either way good sir.

Last edited:

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor

And maybe you can't tell difference between regular round and a fused clapton, because your vaping at 30watts, I can't stand when someone who acts like their way to do something is the right way and the only way. Then, they wonder why vaping is dying, why can't you like what u like and I like what I like. Its not for aesthetics for me. I get better flavor and a warmer wetter vape from fused claptons. That's how I like it bud, Sorry that everyone can't be you, oh and actually i only prefer regular round wire when I get a new flavor that i really hate, so i cant taste it as much, so obviously its not for aesthetics for me. It makes a difference. :)

Last edited:

FranknChill

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Gotta be honest here,i gotta side with @MyMagicMist

I am talking about his last paragraph:

''I don't know. That's as honest as I can be with myself and, in respecting others and self, as honest as I may be with others too. I had to laugh because you withheld what kind of vaping situation you used, just enough so to lull folks in unwary of all germane info. Always seems "the way" it goes. No worries, growing used to it.''

I am assuming he meant the wattage,i mean in my first year of vaping and if i had any problems i would lay out the situation and try to give out all the variables and details.
No judgement on your choice of wattage but you did leave out an important piece of info on your first post when you asked for help.

And your replies to his post well lets just say it was uncalled for and you were less than courteous,just made you seem like you have a rather large chip on your shoulder.

@MyMagicMist 's post didn't deserve the reply you gave him,specially that part where you blame him for the death of Vaping...

Next time take a moment to properly read a post,seems you a bit over the edge at the moment,just sayin'

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My narrative suits myself, some others, perhaps. That noted, my narrative is not for everyone, nor do I foist it so.

I actually do say everyone finds what they like. Do not promote or proselytize "my way, the only way". I strongly dislike folks doing that as well. What the above says is my way works for me, it may not suit everyone, and I do not say it is for everyone.

At this point, I'm about to join the "fuck it" crew. They see folks ask for help and say "fuck it" and offer no help at all. Seems no matter how I state the same thing over and over, over and so on, someone reads it as me being on some holy war to promote my way only.

That being the case, why bother? Any help offered falls on deafened ears because they've already chosen to have a hate on. So yeah, fuck it. No point arguing against stupid and yes, prejudice or prejudging is stupid. Fine, want to bite a hand feeding you, that hand just goes away and remembers it gets bitten trying to help.

Starting to appreciate a movie scene and lines.

Curtis: I fucked up. I tried to help.
Scott: That's usually when people fuck up.

I mean if you didn't want to answer the question you didn't have too. Sorry for my underhanded attempts at asking for help and apologies for not providing you with all the information that you needed to answer the question. I didn't think it mattered since I've always built like this and vaped like this, I see people like you on reddit, ecigforum, and everywhere else everyday and fell as if those are the kind of people, who make people not want to ask questions and learn things

That's just it. I did want to help, still do. I probably fouled up not asking for more details. Something I think most interweb users ought to look at as helpful, ... "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way". Yes, it deals more so with computing, but it applies to most technical stuff and especially problem-solving.

And maybe you can't tell difference between regular round and a fused clapton, because your vaping at 30watts

Hmm. You might be surprised what someone with no sense of smell, half deaf, legs worn out worse than any serious athlete can do. I won't even add in the faulty nerve wiring, the CPTSD, the rotten at picking up social cues and slight autism. LOL I kid you not, there are mornings I wake up to find myself punching myself. Why? FIIK. My body just goes haywire at times.

Suffice to say, yes, I know the difference. Flat wire really doesn't do well at all, unless you're some kind of genius using it. Yes, it can be built with rather well, but you have to know what you do, doing it. I have tried a lot of various coils at different times.

For myself, a single strand round wire single coil works just as well as anything else. I am not saying that suits everyone.

I do say I lack the dexterity, patience, drive, ambition to fool around with coils that for me seem to offer no advantage, other than "oh, that looks cool".

Believe what you want and vape how you want. To me there's no difference. I vape my way as well, same as you vaping your way. Does the world end if all vape differently? Nope. We all end up gravestone gray anyway. That may sound bleak, but if you can accept it, you might find a way to not pre-judge.

Need the coffee. Chicken grease and all that good juju.

And yes, I'm human, have to revise at times because I foul up wording, or otherwise err.

Warhawk-AVG

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
what gauge wire are you using?
I have found that twisting wires, then using less coils helps keep them from glowing red
I was also using really thin gauge wires as well

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What did the 3/28 coils ohm at? How many wraps? And are you on a mech or regulated (sorry if I missed). If they are ohming higher than the 2/26 and your on a regulated, the same wattage setting May not be pumping the same power (voltage) through the coils?

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Alright sounds good

What did the 3/28 coils ohm at? How many wraps? And are you on a mech or regulated (sorry if I missed). If they are ohming higher than the 2/26 and your on a regulated, the same wattage setting May not be pumping the same power (voltage) through the coils?
Regulated 140 watts, .13 ss316l 3 28 gauge cores wrapped in 40 gauge nichrome 3mm id running it on a dna 250c. It's dual coil build, and the the 2/26 build was also right around .13. I think I have figured. I stuffed as much cotton in it as I could and it's been about 2 days and it's not glowing in the middle so far

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I have found that twisting wires, then using less coils helps keep them from glowing red
It's 3 28 gauge cores ss316l claptoned with 40 gauge n80.

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
It's 3 28 gauge cores ss316l claptoned with 40 gauge n80
I actually do say everyone finds what they like. Do not promote or proselytize "my way, the only way". I strongly dislike folks doing that as well. What the above says is my way works for me, it may not suit everyone, and I do not say it is for everyone.

At this point, I'm about to join the "fuck it" crew. They see folks ask for help and say "fuck it" and offer no help at all. Seems no matter how I state the same thing over and over, over and so on, someone reads it as me being on some holy war to promote my way only.

That being the case, why bother? Any help offered falls on deafened ears because they've already chosen to have a hate on. So yeah, fuck it. No point arguing against stupid and yes, prejudice or prejudging is stupid. Fine, want to bite a hand feeding you, that hand just goes away and remembers it gets bitten trying to help.

Starting to appreciate a movie scene and lines.

That's just it. I did want to help, still do. I probably fouled up not asking for more details. Something I think most interweb users ought to look at as helpful, ... "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way". Yes, it deals more so with computing, but it applies to most technical stuff and especially problem-solving.

Hmm. You might be surprised what someone with no sense of smell, half deaf, legs worn out worse than any serious athlete can do. I won't even add in the faulty nerve wiring, the CPTSD, the rotten at picking up social cues and slight autism. LOL I kid you not, there are mornings I wake up to find myself punching myself. Why? FIIK. My body just goes haywire at times.

Suffice to say, yes, I know the difference. Flat wire really doesn't do well at all, unless you're some kind of genius using it. Yes, it can be built with rather well, but you have to know what you do, doing it. I have tried a lot of various coils at different times.

For myself, a single strand round wire single coil works just as well as anything else. I am not saying that suits everyone.

I do say I lack the dexterity, patience, drive, ambition to fool around with coils that for me seem to offer no advantage, other than "oh, that looks cool".

Believe what you want and vape how you want. To me there's no difference. I vape my way as well, same as you vaping your way. Does the world end if all vape differently? Nope. We all end up gravestone gray anyway. That may sound bleak, but if you can accept it, you might find a way to not pre-judge.

Need the coffee. Chicken grease and all that good juju.

And yes, I'm human, have to revise at times because I foul up wording, or otherwise err.
Man, its all good man, no worries. The way way I read comment, it seemed like you were infering that I, for some reason or another, I was being intentionally vague about the problem and somehow being underhanded, which made absolutely zero sense to, but still was attack on my character. So , I prolly blew out of proportion and went into defensive mode. It's all good, prolly just needed more cotton anyways,

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So , I prolly blew out of proportion and went into defensive mode. It's all good, prolly just needed more cotton anyways,

"Here, hold my beer and watch this!" *moons an oncoming bus load of nuns, runs off furry bottom and all to catch the next bus full of prisoners*

"No matter what you write, how bland and politically correct, you will offend someone." -- A very wise writing mentor once told me.

Words are variable. Everyone has their own meaning for each word. For example, our history teacher in high school told us of a student. This student had lived a rough life. They were taught a heating radiator was a chair. He told the class to take a seat. The student sat on the radiator.

He, the teacher, couldn't call the student out on for sitting on it. Instead, he asked the student if he would like to try a comfortable radiator with a bench in front of it. The student finally learned he had been taught wrong. That student thanked the teacher for not making them feel stupid.

That relates here because it conveys how difficult that wonderful thing, communication may be. If you stop and ponder it, communication is nothing short of magic. All the variables can help, or hinder. Sometimes even the greatest wizards at it can totally flop, choosing the wrong tone in the variables.

All we see here is text. On telephone calls we can hear a sound. Video calls are helpful, yet too they can be troublesome. What if someone puts up a backdrop of a city street, as video behind themselves? A person can be distracted from subtle body language the video call hopes to convey. For all our technological advances, ... *hugs you gently as a friend, steps off* ... that still wins hands down to assert connection, communication.

Whew, tell you what, ... our head custodian was not joking about us having twelve hours of work but an eight-hour shift. That noted, I still got finished even with it being a mess tonight, in six hours. I didn't shirk either. I'm just getting the routine and rhythm down, after two weeks. "Argh, a custodian's life for me, tee hee!" :)

I think when asked to retire, I'll ask why I want to get tired again. ;) :D :p

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
"Here, hold my beer and watch this!" *moons an oncoming bus load of nuns, runs off furry bottom and all to catch the next bus full of prisoners*

"No matter what you write, how bland and politically correct, you will offend someone." -- A very wise writing mentor once told me.

Words are variable. Everyone has their own meaning for each word. For example, our history teacher in high school told us of a student. This student had lived a rough life. They were taught a heating radiator was a chair. He told the class to take a seat. The student sat on the radiator.

He, the teacher, couldn't call the student out on for sitting on it. Instead, he asked the student if he would like to try a comfortable radiator with a bench in front of it. The student finally learned he had been taught wrong. That student thanked the teacher for not making them feel stupid.

That relates here because it conveys how difficult that wonderful thing, communication may be. If you stop and ponder it, communication is nothing short of magic. All the variables can help, or hinder. Sometimes even the greatest wizards at it can totally flop, choosing the wrong tone in the variables.

All we see here is text. On telephone calls we can hear a sound. Video calls are helpful, yet too they can be troublesome. What if someone puts up a backdrop of a city street, as video behind themselves? A person can be distracted from subtle body language the video call hopes to convey. For all our technological advances, ... *hugs you gently as a friend, steps off* ... that still wins hands down to assert connection, communication.

Whew, tell you what, ... our head custodian was not joking about us having twelve hours of work but an eight-hour shift. That noted, I still got finished even with it being a mess tonight, in six hours. I didn't shirk either. I'm just getting the routine and rhythm down, after two weeks. "Argh, a custodian's life for me, tee hee!" :)

I think when asked to retire, I'll ask why I want to get tired again. ;) :D :p
I wouldn't be so easily offended, if I wasn't in a town for of trashy hypocrites, and liars, and my entire world view hadn't been shifted from everything's sunshine a puppy dogs a joke is joke and everybody just trying to live their lives the best the can, towards people are shit heartless liars, who only love to inflict evil and hate towards others, I guess I should've learned this earlier and not waited till I was 27 years old to realize you can't trust anyone and people really do just suck, but it's alright good though. I know what the truth is and I know who I am and I know what about, and I will try harder to put in effort into understanding and explaining instead of just going with my gut instinct,

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't be so easily offended, if I wasn't in a town for of trashy hypocrites, and liars, ...

The Shit Speech

Fair enough, the world is shit. Now, how do you respond to it from here on in? Are you going to react and toss more shit on the pile? Going to come over here with us men who got shovels, trying to dig us all out of this shit?

Whichever you choose, understand Master Yoda is correct.

ā€œDo or do not. There is no try.ā€ ā€“ Yoda

ā€œSize matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.ā€ ā€“ Yoda

ā€œYou will find only what you bring in.ā€ ā€“ Yoda (Alternately, you get what you give.)

ā€œTo be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night.ā€ ā€“ Yoda

ā€œIf no mistake you have made, losing you are. A different game you should play.ā€ ā€“ Yoda

And I am not merely tossing out platitudes of some fictional character. There is polarity in all. Negative and Positive, Life and Death, Love and Hate. I'm walking the middle path, gave up being a victim after realizing I have control.

Fuck all the shit you cannot control! You won't change it by bawling about it, by attacking it head on. What is, will be. If you doubt that, look at 4 million or so year old Earth, look at what the JW telescope discovered recently, another universe 26.7 billion years old, older than our Big Bang. Shit will stay shit, even after I'm gone.

"But you said you had control, ...?"

Damn Skippy, Jimmy Olson! I got hell's of control and you do too. Step on out here in the field with me. We'll be outstanding in the field. We're fucking Silly Man! Silly because it is silly to think there's any more than one Superman. Silly to think you're Superman and can carry all the crosses we all bear. Nah, fuck that brother.

I can step out in the field, look up at the sunshine and feel the warmth, the love, the joy. Nothing or nobody can take that away. Then, you see everybody struggling with the shit, you see a pile of shovels over in the corner, an opening in a wall with a big sign over it, ... "Shit Goes Here!" Out of that hole in the wall you see a huge incinerator, it burns up the shit and turns to warmth, love, joy.

You realize your response can either keep adding to the shit, or you can shovel like hell and try to help find us all an equilibrium of balance. Maybe in a moment of respite, the betters of us will figure out how to stop the shit flowing down on us. Even if not, wouldn't be worthwhile to have even a fleeting moment of folks enjoying warmth, love, joy, peace?

We all got the same goal in mind. Not all of us can see, it takes all of us grabbing up a shovel. No, we have to be the Silly Men and show an example. If not us, who? If not now, when?

Sure, shit will be shit even after I'm gone. Damn sure would be great though to bring everyone some joy, peace, love, warmth and understanding, we all face hard roads like Plato says. Even if that only lasts a second, you will have done something, you might get a day without shit.

By and by, the secret to any success is hard work. And anything worth it, requires sacrifice. Can you give up all the shit? Can you take control?

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Regulated 140 watts, .13 ss316l 3 28 gauge cores wrapped in 40 gauge nichrome 3mm id running it on a dna 250c. It's dual coil build, and the the 2/26 build was also right around .13. I think I have figured. I stuffed as much cotton in it as I could and it's been about 2 days and it's not glowing in the middle so far
Good to hear šŸ‘ I have had where pulling the cotton through it kinda tore/stretched through the coil. So not under wicked, just too thin through the coil. Maybe that happened? Either way, glad to hear it's running well šŸ‘ šŸ˜€

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
The Shit Speech

Fair enough, the world is shit. Now, how do you respond to it from here on in? Are you going to react and toss more shit on the pile? Going to come over here with us men who got shovels, trying to dig us all out of this shit?

Whichever you choose, understand Master Yoda is correct.

ā€œDo or do not. There is no try.ā€ ā€“ Yoda

ā€œSize matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not. For my ally is the Force, and a powerful ally it is. Life creates it, makes it grow. Its energy surrounds us and binds us. Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter. You must feel the Force around you; here, between you, me, the tree, the rock, everywhere, yes. Even between the land and the ship.ā€ ā€“ Yoda

ā€œYou will find only what you bring in.ā€ ā€“ Yoda (Alternately, you get what you give.)

ā€œTo be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness, Padawan. Be a candle, or the night.ā€ ā€“ Yoda

ā€œIf no mistake you have made, losing you are. A different game you should play.ā€ ā€“ Yoda

And I am not merely tossing out platitudes of some fictional character. There is polarity in all. Negative and Positive, Life and Death, Love and Hate. I'm walking the middle path, gave up being a victim after realizing I have control.

Fuck all the shit you cannot control! You won't change it by bawling about it, by attacking it head on. What is, will be. If you doubt that, look at 4 million or so year old Earth, look at what the JW telescope discovered recently, another universe 26.7 billion years old, older than our Big Bang. Shit will stay shit, even after I'm gone.

"But you said you had control, ...?"

Damn Skippy, Jimmy Olson! I got hell's of control and you do too. Step on out here in the field with me. We'll be outstanding in the field. We're fucking Silly Man! Silly because it is silly to think there's any more than one Superman. Silly to think you're Superman and can carry all the crosses we all bear. Nah, fuck that brother.

I can step out in the field, look up at the sunshine and feel the warmth, the love, the joy. Nothing or nobody can take that away. Then, you see everybody struggling with the shit, you see a pile of shovels over in the corner, an opening in a wall with a big sign over it, ... "Shit Goes Here!" Out of that hole in the wall you see a huge incinerator, it burns up the shit and turns to warmth, love, joy.

You realize your response can either keep adding to the shit, or you can shovel like hell and try to help find us all an equilibrium of balance. Maybe in a moment of respite, the betters of us will figure out how to stop the shit flowing down on us. Even if not, wouldn't be worthwhile to have even a fleeting moment of folks enjoying warmth, love, joy, peace?

We all got the same goal in mind. Not all of us can see, it takes all of us grabbing up a shovel. No, we have to be the Silly Men and show an example. If not us, who? If not now, when?

Sure, shit will be shit even after I'm gone. Damn sure would be great though to bring everyone some joy, peace, love, warmth and understanding, we all face hard roads like Plato says. Even if that only lasts a second, you will have done something, you might get a day without shit.

By and by, the secret to any success is hard work. And anything worth it, requires sacrifice. Can you give up all the shit? Can you take control?
I got dig myself out of my hold before I think about helping mankind dig their way out, god bless man

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Good to hear šŸ‘ I have had where pulling the cotton through it kinda tore/stretched through the coil. So not under wicked, just too thin through the coil. Maybe that happened? Either way, glad to hear it's running well šŸ‘ šŸ˜€
Yea I get that alot with cotton bacon, itll put apart half way through the coil and thin is self out, pretty rookie mistake on my part!

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Yea I get that alot with cotton bacon, itll put apart half way through the coil and thin is self out, pretty rookie mistake on my part!
Change brands man, cotton bacon is only so so anyway (imo at least)

Last edited:

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I usually just use Japanese organic cotton, but the prime was on sale and I'd never tried it only v2, I seen everyone on VU seemed to.think prime was better so i got some. What kind do u prefer

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I just use generic u cant get anymore unfortunately, or firebolt (i can wick all 3 of my adv rta's on one string, so its sorta cost effective if u can find it on sale)

Other members have mentioned other brands, im sure they will chime in now that the question has been asked

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been on organic face pads from Amazon for ages šŸ˜šŸ˜ maybe I notice the premiums being a tad better, maybe not, idk. But definitely not enough of a difference to me to quit buying years worth of wick for 6 or 8 bucks šŸ˜€

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
I've been on organic face pads from Amazon for ages šŸ˜šŸ˜ maybe I notice the premiums being a tad better, maybe not, idk. But definitely not enough of a difference to me to quit buying years worth of wick for 6 or 8 bucks šŸ˜€
Yea me too, I buy amoza cottons slivers for rtas and boros and I buy amoza cotton pads and swedish roll for rdas, all from Amazon, I've tried cotton bacon and cotn and I always go back to Japanese organic

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Yo, man I found videos about that stuff it looks awesome, but I'd say it's impossible to find anymore

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Organic cotton? Like using Muji. Got from Slow Boat before they closed up, a big bag of square pads. I gave lots away and still probably have for a lifetime.

Something like this, or that, would likely be what I'd look for now.

Been using some Cotton Bacon Prime I got on a deal w/ somebody here on VU. Not sure who, thinking maybe @gadget! , or Tall Pines when he was still here. It does "eh, okay" for me, "it's wicking".

Like rayon some as well, but not so much as the Muji. It all has its own pros and cons, like most in vaping, everybody finds what they like.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yo, man I found videos about that stuff it looks awesome, but I'd say it's impossible to find anymore
:D Ah, hm, you no say chief? LOL

I'm a thinking $10 for that @dubya314's got looks like a good steal. IIRC, it all started out at ~$8 per foot, then I saw it last time for ~$18 per foot somewhere. Thought about it myself for a while, not ever got any. Something, something, *scratching head*, "no, you don't need it", ... "oh, okay, I don't need it".

I'm too cotton-ed being from the South. Yep, I know stereo or analog typing but is what is. You grow up on cotton, tobacco, it is kind of difficult to veer off.

And yeah, I talk to myself, and answer back. *smh* Certifiable but never been, yet. *big wide grin* Think they afeered o' trying to put a "safety" vest on me. LOL

Besides, like, I found out yesterday, prop me up with cortisone, seems I'm still useful.

Last edited:

dubya314

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'd never use the 2mm ones man, I've never in my life wrapped a coil that small lol
Lol, I hear ya. I use to back in the day for some mtl, but I bet I haven't wrapped under 2.5mm in 7 or 8 years, lol

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol, I hear ya. I use to back in the day for some mtl, but I bet I haven't wrapped under 2.5mm in 7 or 8 years, lol
Hehehe...I do... ;)

20230928_132002~2.jpg20230928_133533.jpg

Yup, just Japanese cotton pads here. I got relics like the old silica, rayon, etc...but don't use that any more.

I first got a ziplock bag of those pads from Midnightwolf on NV before there was a VU and still finishing it. Plus, I bought a brand new pack during the big stock-up period that should last me decades...lol... :D

Last edited:

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Yea one tim I wrapped at 2mm, for a dual coil build in a ratel xs, cuz 2.5 restricted it to much, I havent ever gotten into mtl cuz to be honest I don't really understand what mtl is supposed to feel like, like how tight the draw should be, what the hit should feel like. I'd like to try it if someone could explain it better than it's supposed to feel like hitting a cigarette. Lol

Frogger

Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Yea one tim I wrapped at 2mm, for a dual coil build in a ratel xs, cuz 2.5 restricted it to much, I havent ever gotten into mtl cuz to be honest I don't really understand what mtl is supposed to feel like, like how tight the draw should be, what the hit should feel like. I'd like to try it if someone could explain it better than it's supposed to feel like hitting a cigarette. Lol
Its a whole range, if you use a wide bore tip dtl happens automatically, try opening your mouth as wide as you can and inhaling, thats dtl

If u inhale more like a straw where it really runs thru the mouth more its mtl

There is also loose mtl, restricted dtl, and as always its user preference, 3mm airhole is a loose mtl for reference

Last edited:

CBF91

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Not impossible šŸ˜ but man, it's been ages......
View attachment 209432
Yo, man I'll take that bag of 3mm if you'd wanna sell it, just to see what's up with it. How much you want for it

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
MTL - Trying to suck chrome off a bumper through a pinched shut straw with tiny pinholes up near the atty so any vapor escapes. Think Sisyphus, pushing the rock, what only rolls back down as you push. You might get "lucky" and get a draw akin to a rush pipe, but well, you can play a type of roulette and get the same odds, so, ...

RDL - Drawing vape in like off a volcano bong, or steamroller through a 2-4 mm inner diameter straw. Think Prometheus bringing us the bounty of fire. That stated, I like about a 1.5 mm airflow hole, if two sides that's about .75 mm on each side. That gives me a nice, comfortable draw for a restricted direct lung hit.

Either way, you get "hit". I prefer the vapor be hitting me over blacking out hitting me, trying to get vapor. Understand, too, I'm guesstimating sizes and not being anal over it.

Once a person finds their own "it", they can find "it" with any atty really. Though some manufactures do go the "extra mile" to try deliberately keeping folks from doing that.

"Oh Look! Our atty has special antigravity bumps to help you vape underwater!" *shows those manufactures the FTW peace signs* "Bastiges!" Those kinds of atomizers, if given to me, I toss or PIF. I will not even bother because I look at the industry and see many other atomizers following "the standard". If a company cannot follow a standard, how do you figure they'll fare going maverick?

Hmm, seems I got weird as I got older.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors