Become a Patron!

Something nags at me

When an e-liquid business ceases and closes up shop, shouldn't they for the good of the community release their recipes? A couple of such come to mind, 5150blends, and constant vapor come to mind. When a shop in which you supported goes up in so much vapor (pardon the pun) should they not still have an interest in the community? I apologize, and am sure i will receive some flack for saying what i have thus far, but it's just strange as all. When a shop closes, those blends in which you enjoyed are lost to the ether, never to be completely / truly replicated. Just my 2 cents, would prefer companies to do such. The same goes for when a company retires a flavor mind you.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
They might be looking to sell their recipes to other companies to recoup some of their investment. This happens more than you might think.

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would also point out that there are MANY recipes posted here on this very site that are MILES above and beyond even what you consider "premium juice"...especially if you're talking about "house juices". Get yourself some nic/pg/vg and about $50 worth of Flavourart flavors. I guarantee you that you will never even think of "house juice" again...unless it's YOUR house :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
When an e-liquid business ceases and closes up shop, shouldn't they for the good of the community release their recipes? A couple of such come to mind, 5150blends, and constant vapor come to mind. When a shop in which you supported goes up in so much vapor (pardon the pun) should they not still have an interest in the community? I apologize, and am sure i will receive some flack for saying what i have thus far, but it's just strange as all. When a shop closes, those blends in which you enjoyed are lost to the ether, never to be completely / truly replicated. Just my 2 cents, would prefer companies to do such. The same goes for when a company retires a flavor mind you.

In a perfect world, yes. In reality, there is a reason they closed and some will never release..
Many options still remain for closed shops, such as online sales under other names, or even recipe selling.
Some shops do release older recipes, I have done that myself.
You might want to contact the company and ask them what they will be doing with the recipes..
there might be a chance you can purchase a few yourself.. but be prepared to pay.

jpasint

Member For 4 Years
I know some software companies released their software into the public domain when they went out of business so why not ejuice recipes?

soulshine

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Umm..because some company might want to sell it and is willing to pay for the recipe so they can make money on it from their customers. I don't know why so many things have been getting to me this week..but here's another one. Why are A LOT of vapers so damn whiny about wanting everything for free. When you smoked..you FOUND a way to get the money..ALWAYS. The best any company probably ever did for you was send you $3 off a carton once a year for your birthday..LOL Most juice companies are always running specials because DIY is taking over. Again, I say learn DIY..then you will pay about $5 for 120 mls and make what you like.

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just for grinns I have gone and found a bunch of things in big bulk quantities.

Lets say you have the extra money laying around.... and you are lazy or do not know how to work w/ pure nicotine so you buy 100mg base, and you like to vape Max VG @ 6mg and you like to vape nothing but FA flavors.

Let go with easy numbers and quantities you can purchase.....

1 Drum of USP Kosher VG (55 Gallons) $420 (that's 208,198ml) if you pick up from one of the companies 75+ warehouses scattered all over the country.

You will need 14,850ml (just a tad under 4 gallons or 14.85l rounded) of nicotine VG base.... you can get 15l's for $750

Flavors you will need 24750ml (same as 6.54 gallons, 24.75liters, or 50 500ml bottles rounded up) (@ an average of 10% flavor usage), you can get 50 500ml bottles of FA flavor for 32.99 each before shipping for a total of $2649.50.

Now lets say just for argumentative sake you choose to use a new 30ml amber glass bottle with a crc dropper for each and every bottle you make, and you do your mixing by weight so you do not need a bunch of other mixing supplies except a glass funnel and a little upper body strength to control the main bottles to put into smaller bottles for easier handling (we will add an extra 50 for the flavors, and then 1 extra for nic, and 1 extra for vg) you will need a total of 8,302 30ml bottles and droppers this can be had for $2822.68 before shipping if purchased all at the same time ($.34 each INCLUDING THE D**** DROPPER in otherwords THE DROPPER IS NOT SOLD SEPARATELY OR AN ADD ON ITEM!!!!)

So for our totals we come up with a GRAND TOTAL OF $6,650 rounded up and before shipping of materials. For 8,250 30ml bottles of juice!

That is just $1.24 per completed bottle of juice (or $0.04 per ml), and say you vape 30ml in 2 days that would last you 45 years or so. Now say you smoke 1 pack of cigs a day, pay $5 a pack (thats what they are where I live right now roughly for the Big names) that is $82,125 to smoke for 45 years (assuming taxes don't go up, and prices on cigs themselves don't go up.

Now I completely lost my train of thought on whey I was writing this post between doing the quick research with my mad GOOGLE FOO skills however there was a point to it and if I can remember I will let you know lol.

OH I might add that I found these prices from vendors plastered all over these boards with the exception of the glass bottles

Last edited:

misswish

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know who to come to when I need research done! That was fun read. Lots of info. These are retail prices? And of course you wouldn't need all the bottles, etc. Think how much more could be saved at wholesale! Good job, jay!

jay223119

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know who to come to when I need research done! That was fun read. Lots of info. These are retail prices? And of course you wouldn't need all the bottles, etc. Think how much more could be saved at wholesale! Good job, jay!

lol, sometimes I get bored when the fiance' sleeps till 11 and get on the computer I find something that gets me going on a mission and then see what I can find in a couple of hours. I have become very very good at using google over the years and if you know what to search for it really isn't that hard.

But yes those are all retail prices. for instance

15 liters - Unflavored Nicotine E-Liquid 100mg ($750)
FlavourArt Non-Tobacco Bulk 500ml (notice the price when you order 30 or more $52.99 each)
99.7% USP KOSHER VEGETABLE GLYCERIN (couldn't find the same one from earlier BUT....no worries guess who found it even cheaper? yep thats right this guy did what you think about over $50 cheaper) ($364)
30 ML Amber Glass Bottle w/CRC Dropper ($.55 cents each on their website but if you call and tell them how much you want they lowered it down to $.34 each for me this morning)

VU Sponsors