Become a Patron!

Soft Ice Cream with Cone?

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm not saying you shouldn't try it but from what I've heard, the reformulated INW Milk Chocolate is no where near as good as it once was ... just a heads up.
I think my chocolate is before the reformulation. Guess I need to find a date on the bottle.

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been reading about their reformulated versions which stopped me from purchasing. If Shisha Strawberry changes I won't know what to do.

Yes, that's exactly why I don't have it either. I think we are safe with Shisha Strawberry. It doesn't appear to have altered but there were quite a few that did get changed and not for the better from the reviews I've seen. :(

RonJS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

jpasint

Member For 4 Years

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One on One is certainly not a concentrate supplier I am particularly fond of (literally about 3 out of 15 flavours I have tried have been above the taste of cardboard). But there "sugar cone" is pretty good as an ice cream cone

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I didn't have the biscuit so I used FA cookie. It's close enough to a cone for me lol. Been thinking of trying Cap sugar cookie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder if I should keep the biscuit & add the Fa Cookie? @RonJS suggested Fa Joy for the cone.

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wonder if I should keep the biscuit & add the Fa Cookie? @RonJS suggested Fa Joy for the cone.

An ice cream cone, poke (Ireland and Scotland) or cornet is a dry, cone-shaped pastry, usually made of a wafer similar in texture to a waffle, which enables ice cream to be held in the hand and eaten without a bowl or spoon. Various types of ice cream cones include wafer (or cake) cones, waffle cones, and sugar cones.

*Fa joy would give you the pastry effect.

*Waffle speaks for itself but you'll want one that doesn't have syrup in it.

*Fa cookie or Cap sugar cookie will help with the wafer effect. Maybe even try a small amount of graham cracker.

*Cap vanilla cupcake or cupcake sounds like it would go well with it. Although probably move further from the cone flavor.

The original recipe was right to put INW biscuit in there. It's main flavor profile is a wafer/cookie. So if you're not getting enough cone flavor, try mixing it with one of the above.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
An ice cream cone, poke (Ireland and Scotland) or cornet is a dry, cone-shaped pastry, usually made of a wafer similar in texture to a waffle, which enables ice cream to be held in the hand and eaten without a bowl or spoon. Various types of ice cream cones include wafer (or cake) cones, waffle cones, and sugar cones.

*Fa joy would give you the pastry effect.

*Waffle speaks for itself but you'll want one that doesn't have syrup in it.

*Fa cookie or Cap sugar cookie will help with the wafer effect. Maybe even try a small amount of graham cracker.

*Cap vanilla cupcake or cupcake sounds like it would go well with it. Although probably move further from the cone flavor.

The original recipe was right to put INW biscuit in there. It's main flavor profile is a wafer/cookie. So if you're not getting enough cone flavor, try mixing it with one of the above.

Do you think if I keep the INW Biscuit & add 1% Fa Cookie I would get more of a cone effect?

Mykreign

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do you taste the cone with 1% Fa Cookie?

Taste like cookie to me. Makes me think of cookies and cream ice cream but with sugar cookies instead of Oreos. But it might mix well with biscuit. If that doesn't work, try a small amount of waffle or graham cracker.

Hard to tell though. I think a cone and cookie are pretty similar.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Taste like cookie to me. Makes me think of cookies and cream ice cream but with sugar cookies instead of Oreos. But it might mix well with biscuit. If that doesn't work, try a small amount of waffle or graham cracker.

Hard to tell though. I think a cone and cookie are pretty similar.

Thanks I'll try adding the cookie.

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm actually loving @Heabob Soft Vanilla Ice Cream! Need to add a sugar cone to it. Ideas?:anyone:

I remember DIYorDie ages ago did a strawberry ice cream cone recipe using Inawera Biscuit. Personally I got no cone from it at all but I know one UK juice line that will remain nameless just if not exactly, pretty much copied the recipe and lots of people raved about including an authentic cone flavour. If only the original Inw Waffle tasted liked it smelt, smelt exactly like an ice cream cone to me. Sasami a German manufacturer does a waffledough flavour smells very similar and tastes quite cone like.
I also found the Game Over Custard recipe on here interesting as I got a really light kind of cone taste within it so maybe the Graham Cracker combos are worth trying in it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I remember DIYorDie ages ago did a strawberry ice cream cone recipe using Inawera Biscuit. Personally I got no cone from it at all but I know one UK juice line that will remain nameless just if not exactly, pretty much copied the recipe and lots of people raved about including an authentic cone flavour. If only the original Inw Waffle tasted liked it smelt, smelt exactly like an ice cream cone to me. Sasami a German manufacturer does a waffledough flavour smells very similar and tastes quite cone like.
I also found the Game Over Custard recipe on here interesting as I got a really light kind of cone taste within it so maybe the Graham Cracker combos are worth trying in it.
If it requires too much effort, I'll just leave well enough alone, it taste great as is, but I thought if there was a simple add on to get a little more cone.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'm actually loving @Heabob Soft Vanilla Ice Cream! Need to add a sugar cone to it. Ideas?:anyone:

You could try adding 0.5% FA Zeppola as it will raise the sugary taste.
And/Or increase the Biscuit up a tad, (0.25-0.5%).
TFA Graham Cracker Clear might be worth trying also...

Last edited:

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I used to make that and I got cone. I thought his strawberry faded too quickly. I would change that.

I would think biscuit would be a better a cone choice than cookie.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You could try adding 0.5% FA Zeppola as it will raise the sugary taste.
And/Or increase the Biscuit up a tad, (0.25-0.5%).
TFA Graham Cracker Clear might be worth trying also...
Thanks Hebob maybe next batch :) this is my second 30 ml I'm really enjoying it.

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well I tried adding the FA Zeppola some time ago and it totally changed it for the worse...
I decided to stick with the original %’s and it’s become one of my fav’s :inlove:
Thanks so much :blowkiss:

I haven’t found a need to add the fruits, yet :D

Willbo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If it requires too much effort, I'll just leave well enough alone, it taste great as is, but I thought if there was a simple add on to get a little more cone.

Sasami Waffledough is spot on and One one One Flavors Sugar Cone is in there 0.1% of bakery flavours that are actually really authentic and good and dont taste like cardboard ;)

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm glad I don't get a beer or other strange flavor from using AP or FA Joy.

If I wanted a juice to partially taste like...
View attachment 85764
...I'd be adding some.

Ron
---
"Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory."- George S. Patton
That reminds me, Simply Cannoli
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/5315#simply_cannoli_by_tranceinate
has an amazing Waffle/Sugar cone type note to it. I tried awhile back to seperate out that "cone" flavor to create a Stroopwaffel recipe, but I couldn't isolate it out. It's some interaction between some of those ingredients. I assumed it was the Biscuit, Joy & Nonna's, but not. Was trying to avoid the Cheesecake, but maybe that synergized with the others.. dunno. Might be worth picking back up again.

Last edited:

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That reminds me, Simply Cannoli
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/5315#simply_cannoli_by_tranceinate
has an amazing Waffle/Sugar cone type note to it. I tried awhile back to seperate out that "cone" flavor to create a Stroopwaffel recipe, but I couldn't isolate it out. It's some interaction between some of those ingredients. I assumed it was the Biscuit, Joy & Nonna's, but not. Was trying to avoid the Cheesecake, but maybe that synergized with the others.. dunno. Might be worth picking back up again.
Did you try the Simply Cannoli recipe?

EarnestAccord

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Did you try the Simply Cannoli recipe?
Not the whole thing. I used all the Bakery ingredients, Joy, Nonna's & Biscuit. I replaced all the creams Cheesecake, Vanilla Custard & Vienna Cream with some caramel & Butterscotch notes. So either the "cone" flavor was not created by those three bakeries or my caramel additions burried the note. Dunno... It's definately there when the whole recipe is mixed.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors